PDA

View Full Version : If you could change something about your cat...

Kirsten
04-23-2003, 04:23 PM
...what would it be? I'm sure, as much as we love and adore them, they all have their little faults - well, most of them. :)

One or two months ago, I would have said my Luna is just perfect and I wouldn't want to change anything about her, but now I have this annoying litterbox problem with her and I just can't find out what's bothering her (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24170)

I really really love her, but it would be great if I wouldn't have to wash the blankets on the guest bed every day (the mattress is already covered with synthetic leather after I just had to dispose the first one).

So, is there anything about YOUR cats that's bugging you? Just curious! :)

Kirsten

bluekat
04-23-2003, 04:30 PM
I like Blueberry just the way he is, but I would like him to stop......well.....now that I think about it, I think he's pretty well trained already. I would like him to get out of his habit of biting me hard when playing, for him to like grooming more, and to get rid of that litterbox problem. I would also like to get him trained to do things like sit, come, etc.
Finally, I'd love for him to be more of a lapcat!
Hehe, I know that there's more that one thing that I want to change, but I'm okay with him now.

Kirsten
04-23-2003, 04:46 PM
He also has a litter box problem?
Oh, and btw, Luna also bites when she is tired of being cuddled, but not very hard and I can live with that... But the litter box thing... too annoying!

Kirsten

carole
04-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Just would like LAP CATS, lexie is getting more cuddly though, so heres hoping, given up on ash after 3 yrs.lol

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 08:00 PM
STERLING.....please do not SLURP so loudly when you take a bath!!!

AMBER..... I am not killing you when I brush you, so behave!

CALVIN....please do not be afraid when I try to hold you.

I guess the rest are perfect.;)

batgirl1980
04-23-2003, 08:14 PM
hmm.. let's see..
Eliza.. you will ALWAYS have food, so please do not panic when your bowl is empty. Know your food will be coming soon at the appropriate time.

Bach and Mozart... PALEEEZE cover up your tootsie rolls after you're done... can't you SMELL it?! :eek:

kimlovescats
04-23-2003, 09:30 PM
About the only thing I would change if it were possible ... is to lessen the amount of poop going in the litter boxes!!! :eek:
Even with the higher quality food I'm feeding we still have massive poo poo and well, some of us don't cover too well!!! :rolleyes:

miese Katze
04-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Ooh, I like this question!

With Amelie, she is so funny and gets really (and I mean REALLY) into being petted or groomed, it looks like she is in ecstacy, rubbing her head on anything and everything, stretching out her hand (which always reminds me of the Titanic car scene), but then sometimes she gets so excited that she come really close to my face and I think that she is going to give me a small kiss, then *ouch*, she bites me. I don't care for that much.

As for Nino, when he is wide awake and wanting something (read food) he follows me around insisently and darts between/in front of my feet, ofter causing me to fall. He's a sweetie, but that causes a few foul words to slip my mouth.

Otherwise, my cats are perfect, of course;)

babolaypo65
04-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Clive: 3am picking up the rug and dropping it. Again, and again. OR, since he wont use his scratching post, picking up the dart board (yes really) and dropping it. again, and again. he puts his little (big) claws under the metal and lifts it to stretch his claws, then drops it.

on the plus side, my living room chair just might survive.

oh, one more thing. whats with the obsession with closed doors. even ones that lead to no where. if they are closed he MUST open them. with his little claws, underneath them. usually also at 3am.

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2003, 12:20 AM
I love all 3 of my cats just as they are but if I could change something about them then:

Storm- I wish he wouldn't beg for food all the time and I also wish that he liked to be held and that he could become more of a lap cat.

Sunny- I wish that he wouldn't be so meowy in the mornings and late at night and that he'd cover up his poop all of the time.

Cirrus- I wish he'd let me pick him up and cuddle him and let me give him a belly rub and also become more trusting towards people.

Barbara
04-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Tigris: a little more enthusiasm please when I want to play with you. Not always that:rolleyes: look.

Filou: if you don't come to my lap you could roll up on the sofa next to me... would be kinda cute:)

ramanth
04-24-2003, 08:57 AM
I wish Zam was a little more loving. I can only pet her head. If I try to pet her back, sides, and especially her belly, she will swat at me (with claws :( ) and bite at me. :(

catmandu
04-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Sometimes i wish that Juke joint Joseph didnt love his Whiskas Temptations so much , as he drives me nuts when i first get home , meeeowing for his treats!The Rest are exactly what I wanted them to be , when I first took them in as strays!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-24-2003, 09:33 AM
I wish Ally wouldn't walk in front of me when I am carrying a TRAY and I can't SEE her.......I'm sure you can all guess the results!!!:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2003, 01:47 PM
For both of them, I wish they were 1 year old again....well...ok, 3 for Tubby and 1 for Peanut since Peanut wouldn't even be born yet if Tubby was 1. :) :D

And I really wish Peanut could talk so she could tell me why she's licking herself clean of hair. :( Actually, I'm beginning to think she is jealous of Moo and wants to be a hairless cat like he is. She's got a good start on it - unfortunately. :( ;) :)

Catsnclay
04-24-2003, 02:02 PM
The poop covering thing bothers me, if their sense of smell is so good, then how come it bothers me more than them??:rolleyes:

Lucky does the walking in front of me too. But he also stops, and I usually don't!

Yoshi continues to get on my kitchen counters......a big no-no. He is the only one who thinks this rule applies to Lucky & Fluffy but NOT him. When caught, he gives that "who me?" look and melts his daddy completly, then gets picked up and hugged. Yeah, that's teaching him, Tim...........

Other than that I wish all my kitties a very long and HEALTHY life!

julijul
04-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Finn is just purrfect:D though I do just wish he'd let me hold him for longer! (he wants down after a minute of being held)

Jonah - well, where to begin?!? :rolleyes: I wish he wouldn't be SOOO vocal!! Especially at 6am when I'm trying to get my last few minutes of precious sleep. I wish he wouldn't chew every plastic thing in the house, & I wish he would stay squatted when he pees.

Oh, I also wish they both could eat dry kibble - but it gives them diarrhea! :rolleyes:

emily_the_spoiled
04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Tanner: I wish you wouldn't give my neck a "kitty bath" at 4AM every morning and you were a little nicer to your sister.

Emily: I wish that you would like Tanner a little better and were a little less afraid of people.

NoahsMommy
04-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Noah: While I think its an interesting personality quirk, our guests don't like being growled at or attacked.... :rolleyes:

Noel: LOVE the tortie thing....but do you ALWAYS have to be one?

Basie: LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!! :D :D :D Every time I even think of you, my heart flutters. :)

Olivia: Please stop hissing at Noah EVERY time he creeps towards you, you know he's a baby and wont do anything. You're old enough to be the mature one. ;)

Micah: Please don't flinch when we pet you...you love it when you realize what we are doing. Also, when I want to put eye cream in your eye, PLEASE let me. Its for your own good, I promise!! I also wish he would be healthy...poor little guy. :(

aguu
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Mishka - I love our cuddle sessions early in the morning, I don't even mind when you wake me up but
PLEASE don't lick my eyeballs...it hurts.

Lucy - I'm not going to hurt you. Please let me pet you or at least get within a foot of you before you run away!

Russian Blue
04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Nakita is beautiful just the way she is! I love her to bits. If I could change one thing, would be to have her stop trying to trip me on the stairs!! She stops halfway up the stairs in front of me and I have to step over her. Then she'll race up around my legs till she gets to the top!

Maybe she is trying to kill me and inherit my fortunes!!!

:rolleyes:

lailamara
04-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Bodhi.....too sweet and gentle....don't let Maya boss you around all the time...are you a cat or a mouse? You ARE bigger than her. Put her in her place.

Maya...be nicer to Bodhi... you let him wash your ears and then you grab him and bite him, eat all his food, take all his favourite sleeping spots. You are not an only cat....learn to share.

TheAntiPam
04-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Winston - Sweetie you are such a good kitty - You let me clip your claws, and you are so loving - but please learn about the litter box better! Sometimes things get ruined and cost big money!!

Noodle - Please stop trying to climb my leg using your claws! I am NOT a scratching post! Don't walk under my feet - If I fall I will smash you AND me!

Even so, I cant imagine life without either of you!

Kirsten
05-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Luna, now that you stopped peeing all over the place (The next time you'll do that I will know that you've got a bladder infection and I won't hesitate to take you to the vet. ), I actually don't really know what else I would change about you. I just love you the way you are! :)

Kirsten

wolflady
05-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Interesting topic!

For Scooter, I wish he didn't have a behavioral problem and pee on the floor. I feel so bad that he has to be in his cage/playpen whenever we aren't there to keep an eagle eye on him. If only he knew this, because I want him and Marius to be able to play together during the day :rolleyes:

It appears that a lot of issues are around litterbox behavior. Interesting....

For Marius, hmmmm...he's my baby boy. I love everything about him! Maybe...not scratch the carpet if the door is closed, or get into things so much...but he's so cute! :o LOL LOL

Sergei...well, I really don't know him and his purrsonality has yet to develop! :eek: ;) :D

kitten645
05-09-2003, 07:46 PM
My boys are perfect of course:p however.....
Calvin & Hobbes...please stop trying to dig to China everytime you piddle :rolleyes:
Also please realize that nothing can hurt you at home...I'd like to be able to do the lap cuddles you both love without fearing for a life threating gouge (sp) if a neighbor turns on the water or any tiny noise.
Hobbie...you are three time Calvins size..although I know he provokes you I wish you wouldn't beat the tar out of him and leave little clumps of fur all over the house while meowmie is at work.
Calvin...please don't jump into my arms when I walk into a dark apartment with armloads of groceries. Being completely black, your meowmie can't see you in the dark

:eek:

However most of all, I love you more than anything in the whole world.:D :D :D

Kirsten
05-10-2003, 05:08 PM
There is something I'd like to add about Luna:

Luni, please try to understand that you cannot open a door by scratching and digging. The bathroom door is supposed to be closed during the night and the bamboo plant inside is a no-no. So please stop digging!

Kirsten

Felicia's Mom
05-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Felicia - You and Beau have lived together for over 10 years. Would you please stop hissing at him?

Beau - I wish your meow wasn't so loud. That's probably because you are a Burmese.