PDA

View Full Version : RE: Live chat

BeeTrixPotter
08-07-2001, 11:00 AM
:) I am fairly new here. And I find so many of your thoughts and views interesting, I was wondering do you meet in a chat room ever to talk online? Don't you think if it is a good idea? Or do I have way to much time on my hands. but, I could go on and on about..my boys and girls. If it is being done, please give me details. ... :D Let me know Please.... ;)

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: BeeTrixPotter ]

jackiesdaisy1935
08-07-2001, 04:52 PM
Hi Beetrixpotter, I don't believe we have an official chat here, just the message board, however many of the people here e.mail each other and some have some sort of way to communicate on line, but someone else would have to tell you about that. This is a very interesting site with wonderful loving people on it of all ages.
Jackie

Karen
08-07-2001, 05:19 PM
We don't have a "chat" feature on this site, just the message boards, and the "Instant message" feature that uses email. We have people from literally all over the world here, so email is probably the best option, as you can email Angel in Australia for example, when you're awake and she can answer hours later when she's awake!

carrie
08-07-2001, 05:36 PM
Welcome!
We have had discussions around this sort of subject before. I, for one, love to send and receive emails from the friends I have made here.....yeah, I know, I know...mostly I receive and they send (love them!). But I really think that this is best done on a one to one basis. ( I also am a fan of instant messenger!)
This is a fantastic site and all members are wonderful, supportive, caring and knowledgeable people.Many are younger people who do not always have adult supervision. It would be tragic to invite all and sundry into our midst by opening an instant chat room. If we could confine it to genuine people who have a genuine interest in the topics then wooohooo! Sadly we can't and I think it would be a step in the wrong direction for a superb and caring community of people to lose control of the content and membership of the site. While it sounds like a good idea in principle, please, please let us learn by others mistakes and keep this very special place as safe and as fun as ever.

BeeTrixPotter
08-08-2001, 09:13 AM
:) Thanks for all of your responses. You are so Correct this is a great way to communicate with people, of all ages and walks of life. I am here daily.... ;) Thanks again Diane

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: BeeTrixPotter ]