PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Meeting Getting Closer!

Pam
04-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Well folks, Saturday is the day! Do we have a final head count? Unfortunately I was just listening to the weather and it is supposed to be cold (in the 50's) and rainy on Saturday. :( :( Will that affect anyone's plans? We have had some beautiful days recently. What a shame that we couldn't have a nice day for this. :( I think the back-up plan is a trip to a local mall.

lbaker
04-23-2003, 06:53 AM
I'll be there early on Sat. Maybe w/ my daughter-in-law and maybe w/ my Badger (DaddyDog). If someone has a cell phone that may come in handy if someone can't make the noon meet (at the Library still?) I'll p.m. you with my hotel specs in any case. I don't really "do" malls & shopping, makes me a bit claustrophobic (I know, weird I guess:) but can still meet everyone and maybe we could meet later in the afternoon for an early dinner or snack or something. I think Jen said the agriculture thing is rain or shine so if it's not an absolute downpour that still might be a go. Guess we'll just play it by ear:D
Laurie

Karen
04-23-2003, 07:26 AM
We're ready, rain or shine! :) We'll be driving down sometime Friday, I know Jen said she'd be there early, anyone up for a breakdast pre-gathering gathering on Saturday?

lbaker
04-23-2003, 07:32 AM
GREAT IDEA:cool: Assuming I leave my house about 5 or so a.m. (I'm up that early anyway) I should get into Doylestown about 8a.m. ish. The hotel/motel said I MAY be able to check in early but I doubt THAT early. Badger LOVES bisquits & sausage (if I bring him).

Aspen and Misty
04-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Me and Mary (soxie) are still planning on comeing! We can't wait! How many pets are going to be there? If any?

Ash

Cataholic
04-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Just a reminder to all you PTers...remember to use your quiet indoor voice...since Jen has you all meeting at the LIBRARY!!!

Have fun, take lots and lots of pictures, and buy me a little something!

lbaker
04-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Let's see Johanna, how about a baby goat or lamb:eek: We can get a PetBrigade together to bring it to you:D

RockyRoad
04-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Me and my mom are going, and my sister and my dad may pop in to say hi, but they're just gunna go off and do whatever, so they don't count.
Just a thought, since we're coming in from NY, what if we make it after noon? Is there someone me or my mom could PM my mom's cell phone # to just in case anything shall happen?

We're not bringing any pets. I was thinking of sneaking the hammies in a handbag or something (:rolleyes: )...but I dunno...they may get cranky and bite.;)

It's supposed to be bad up here too, but it won't affect our travels (at least I don't think).

I can't wait!:D

AdoreMyDogs
04-23-2003, 12:20 PM
awe I wish I could go :( Have fun everyone. I am afraid I have been "out of the loop" for awhile, where is it that you all are going? How many pets, if any, are going?

Pam
04-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Leslie you can read all about it here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22869&highlight=Pet+Talk+meeting

Wish you lived closer. I doubt that I will bring Ripley since we might wind up at a mall. If the weatherman is wrong and the forecast changes I'll re-think the idea. :)

aly
04-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Hope you guys have fun. I will be wishing for nice weather for you all! Take lots of pics :)

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Charlie and I could make a breakfast. The problem is, where? Who ever thinks they might like breakfast, let me know either; which direction (route #) you will be coming in on, or where you will be staying, and maybe I can wrack my brain for a location.:rolleyes:
No pets coming from my end. For this meeting, I am just happy to meet the PEOPLE :D
No cell phone here. :( I truely am not into the 2000's yet. :o
And Britt, your dad and sister count......now cut that out. ;)
And lastly: I heard rain too. I will appologize in advance.......I have a WAY of dooming my adventures to bad weather. :p But there are things to do in buildings and I believe some of the events are under tents. So we get wet. :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Have fun everyone and take lotsof pictures!!!

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Has anyone heard from Neko1 (Michelle)?

Karen
04-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Charlie and I could make a breakfast. The problem is, where? Who ever thinks they might like breakfast, let me know either; which direction (route #) you will be coming in on, or where you will be staying, and maybe I can wrack my brain for a location.:rolleyes:
No pets coming from my end. For this meeting, I am just happy to meet the PEOPLE :D
No cell phone here. :( I truely am not into the 2000's yet. :o
And Britt, your dad and sister count......now cut that out. ;)
And lastly: I heard rain too. I will appologize in advance.......I have a WAY of dooming my adventures to bad weather. :p But there are things to do in buildings and I believe some of the events are under tents. So we get wet. :rolleyes:

Since you actually live nearest, why don't you pick a place, and we'll all try to make our way there! Any place is fine, we're booked in a different hotel than lbaker, but we'll be well-rested and willing to drive! :)

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 08:10 PM
the problem is that getting through Doylestown is not easy. Giving directions is a buit difficult because I do not know the street names, only the "way" I would go. So if I know where you'll be or what routes you'll be taking, I'll be able to locate the simplest place to direct you to. (I hope)

lbaker
04-24-2003, 06:57 AM
My hotel/motel is right on N. Main St. (I think I told you which one) and seems rather central. I'll call the people there in a bit and maybe ask them to suggest a nice breakfast spot. What time would you think? Does anyone have a cell phone number to give to FLSally and her folks so they know where to meet later if they can't make the library at noon? Still don't know if I'm bringing Badger - depends on the weather report when I wake up early Sat. morning. He's fine alone for a bit of time but wouldn't want him to have to spend all day in a motel room. What fun would that be for the lad:confused: but if it's at all nice he just loves to meet new people.
Laurie

Karen
04-24-2003, 07:17 AM
I'll have my cell phone with me, and for once I'll leave it turned on Saturday ... I'll PM FloppsyLadySally with the number tomorrow - I have to look it up! (That's how often I give it out ...) Anyone else who should have it?

Pam
04-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Karen - that's the same with me! I usually don't leave it turned on and can't remember my #. It is downstairs and I'll PM you with the # when I go down and find out what it is. :o

jenluckenbach
04-24-2003, 02:03 PM
there is a friendly's restaurant at 460 N Main St
Doylestown, PA 18901, that should be somewhat close to lbaker's hotel. (I cheated, I got the address off the web)

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 04:43 PM
OHHHHH, I love Friendly's restaurants. Very yummy muffins, and ask them to cut 'em in half, and fry them on the grill. ASK!

lbaker
04-24-2003, 06:27 PM
OK, sounds like a plan to me - but what time? Now my daughter-in-law doesn't know if she's coming and my son said "I'LL GO WITH HER" and he got "the look" so who knows :confused: My BadgerBoy just got back from the groomers so he is SO proud of himself and wants to meet everybody. I don't have a cell but I'm just a troglodite at heart & know this will end being very, shall I say "groovy", nah, too 60's:rolleyes: "let's get together, oh my" sorry 60's again :rolleyes:
Laurie

jenluckenbach
04-24-2003, 06:33 PM
well, as a reminder, the event opens at 10 a.m. and when we're done eating we always have the option of going there earlier than the 12 meeting time. BUT they are still calling for rain. DARN !!!!!
Laurie, what type of things would you prefer to do in case of downpour? (you said that mall was not your scene)

Karen
04-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Shall those who are breakfasting meet at the Friendlies at 9 am?

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Friendly's at nine is fine.

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 05:40 AM
Oh yeah. For those meeting for breakfast, especially, we will be driving a light blue toyota station wagon and we have 2 flags on it. (fairly easy to spot)

lbaker
04-25-2003, 07:34 AM
I can be "Friendly" at 9:00:rolleyes: and I'll be in a rental car but I know Karen & Paul - and Jen, I just know we will know each other when we meet. Who else for breakfast? Rain in the a.m. (rats, I'll be driving in it) but maybe just misty in the afternoon. I don't melt in the rain anyway. Still waiting until I wake up to see what company, if any, I may have with me. I have Pam's cell number and I do believe you guys know my hotel/motel should I not make it until later than originally planned (traffic probs or whatever).
Laurie

Karen
04-25-2003, 09:11 AM
We'll be in the shiny dark green Honda CRV with Massachusetts "whale" plates! :) We'll see you there! I'll PM you both my cell phone number now.

RockyRoad
04-25-2003, 02:27 PM
How long (estimate) are we gunna be there? My dad and my sister may want to head back to the hotel (which is 40 minutes away), and we want to have an estimated time that they should be back to pick us [my mom & I] up.
Anyway, can't wait to see you all! :D

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Well, the event goes until 5. But you can choose a time that is best for your family to meet. They actually may want to see some of the animals, etc.

Pam
04-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Karen
We'll be in the shiny dark green Honda CRV with Massachusetts "whale" plates! :) We'll see you there! I'll PM you both my cell phone number now.

Karen you have excellent taste in vehicles! I will be in a shiny green Honda CRV with New Jersey plates! :)

lbaker
04-25-2003, 06:25 PM
I have this dark (black?) Saturn rent-a-car with DANG Virginia plates (need I say that I'm not terribly fond of VIRGINIA, don't get me started). But I'll see ya guys in the a.m. I'll phone you if I end up in Utah or something:rolleyes:
Laurie
Still will have to wait to see if I bring my
BadgerBoy... you will LOVE him... no one could not.

SallysSlave62
04-25-2003, 08:38 PM
We are driving a dark blue Astrovan. We cannot make it to breakfast, sadly. We will meet everyone at the library at twelve. Wish the weather would be better.
Looking foward to meeting you all!

Aspen and Misty
04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Me and Mary are soo exited! She's spending the night tonight so expect us to be a little tierd but we'll wake up fairly quickly! AHH, I'm never going to be able to sleep!

Ash :D

Aspen and Misty
04-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SallysSlave62
We will meet everyone at the library at twelve. Wish the weather would be better.

Are we meeting at the Library? Or at the fair????

Ash :confused:

koxka
04-26-2003, 03:22 AM
Hope you have a wonderful day , and lots and lots of fun! And don't forget to take a bunch of pictures to share with us!
OK? :D

RockyRoad
04-26-2003, 07:06 AM
I believe we're meeting at the library in the college, which is the fair.

Anyway, we're heading out in a few minutes. Just had to check back on PT first. ;)
See ya soon! I can't wait!:D

Pam
04-26-2003, 07:08 AM
See you all at the library at noon! I have my cell phone charged and new batteries in the camera! Ready, set, go! The rain is supposed to subside by noon. Hope so!

Aspen and Misty
04-26-2003, 07:57 AM
Yay! Were leaving! :D Can't wait! We got the camra all ready and everything is set! :D

Ash