PDA

View Full Version : Give This A Try!!!

AvaJoy
04-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Simple but effective . . . all you need is a small area rug and a flexible teaser wand . . . I had purchased a long multi-colored tinsel teaser at a cat show (GREAT selection of toys . . . better than the pet stores!) and have a small area rug about a yard in diameter. It happens to be in the shape of a hydrangea flower (my favorite). The tinsel end came off and my cats weren't much interested in that part anyway, so I began to slide the wand underneath the rug, snaking it around and poking the end outside of the border ever so stealthily . . . they pounce on it as it appears from beneath the rug and also while it is hidden and just moving under it . . . I can't believe they are STILL intrigued by this game after several weeks . . . Schuyler (white) and Debra (Blk./wht.) now wait by the rug every evening when I get home eager to play . . . if you have never tried this maybe your cats will enjoy it, too!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2003, 09:19 PM
HA!! HA!! HA!!
Sounds like fun....
I don't have an area rug though...... but I do have a bathroom rug...
hmmm I'll have to try it...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2003, 12:02 PM
I've done something similar with Tubby. Seems as long as it's hidden (under the rug, bed covers, etc.) it's very intrigueing to them. Once it's out in the open - it's boring. ;) :D

IttyBittyKitty
04-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Another one all kitties like is chasing your feet or hands when they are under the bed covers - they never stopped being amused with that game, even when Mummy gets tired of being woken at 5.a.m. by kitty pouncing on the bed!

PayItForward
04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Milly does this, but we don't encourage her.

Russian Blue
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
When we first brought Nakita home, she would fly under the area rugs at lightening speed!! You know she had to get all those 'rug mice' that are invisible to the human eye!! :rolleyes:

She had way too much kitty energy back then, and we used to play a lot under the rugs!

;)

pktdrgn
05-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Nippy is always after the invisible mice under the rugs blankets etc. Sneak likes the hands between the cushions of the couch, when she can get there before Nippy. Sneak will attack the feet under the covers if I DARE to get into bed and she has to move to make room for me. Nippy will occasionally chase the hand under the covers, when she gets tired of it and wants you to stop, she will attack your arm.:rolleyes:

AvaJoy
05-31-2003, 11:12 PM
It is the same type of game as pounce-on-the-feet-under-the-covers. Debra, however, refuses to be on the bed . . . must be due to a bad experience from her past. So she enjoys the area rug version. Schuyler is not shy of the bed and will play with feet moving under the bed covers, but prefers the rug version.

cubby31682
06-17-2003, 08:51 PM
When I go to bed Cubby will start digging at the blankets which means I need to play the little hand game with him. If I stop before he is done then he will jump at my arms and bite me until I start playing again. I have one area rug and that is under his litter box so he can get litter all over it. He will play any kind of hand or foot game under the blankets or if he gets to excited during the day he doesn't want to play the hand and foot game under any blankets as long as he sees your fingers they are his toys.

L. Wayne
06-18-2003, 04:41 AM
It is necessary not to put my feet under a thin blanket or some other bed thin covering because of my cats interest in grabbing at the "moving lump" under the covers. Even Tiger and Chrissie find it difficult not to do this. Until they settle down for a night's rest, my feet are vulnerable to cat attacks and worse, claw marks.:D

AvaJoy
06-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Many years ago I remember having a waterbed, AND a cat that enjoyed pouncing on feet under the covers! Eventually, the result was a leak in my bed's bladder, so after I patched it I invested in a heavy, quilted pad instead of the thin, cheapo one that came with the bed. No more leaks, and many more happy, playful games of footsies!:)

cubby31682
06-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I also had a waterbed at one point. I had found a declawed dumped kitty and so she didn't ever do anything to my waterbed. But one time my friend moved in for a while, and her cat had all her claws and my cat and her cat got into a huge cat fight while I was at school. When I got home there were to many holes in the bed. I had to end up sleeping on the couch for a few days due to the cats. My cat was just trying to defend what was rightfuly hers but she didn't have claws or anything so she lost. A few weeks later my friend moved out and my cat got her bed back to her self and me again so she was pretty happy.