PDA

View Full Version : dream house etc

marysmerrycats
04-22-2003, 06:29 PM
you just won the house and career/business of your dreams... what would they be?

mine would be, a bed and breakfast type hotel, with about 50 rooms/units and I would have each room decorated in a different theme or style. and there would also be some where you could have your pets(within reason) with you.
they would be separate buildings, like cabins, not just one room in a row connected to the next one... there would be 1, 2 or 3 bedroom units, most would be the average type but some would be decorated for kids, some with a pet theme.
somewhere on the property I would have my house, big enough for my 7 cats, and also big enough to include the other pets I would like to have someday, dogs etc.
I think part of my house would be a ranchstyle, with good-sized hallways for the cats to run!(miss that from the old house)
I have a few style details that are hard to explain but that would be with the cats in mind...:rolleyes: I would like an indoor pool and jacuzzi and a huge yard for the dogs, of course they would be allowed in their part of the house, maybe a 2-story house, with the dogs on one floor, and the cats on the 2nd floor...Im thinking of some little tunnel ways for the cats, and windows with ledges for the kitties to perch on while they look out.
gee can you tell I have thought of this a time or 2 ?:p :rolleyes:
oh, and there would be a big room for guests to read or just relax, and I would have board games in the room.. like a family room, and it would have a big fireplace, not sure about the style , and each holiday would be completely decorated.

RockyRoad
04-22-2003, 06:42 PM
House- A ranch with beautiful horses and a farm for chickens & such. Probaby somewhere like Kentucky or Tenessee.
OR
A nice two story Victorian house in England. Nice and civilized as well. And of course lots of room for my pets.

Career- Supreme Court Judge.

:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-22-2003, 07:09 PM
I want to live on a huge ranch and take in all the abandoned and abused pets, no matter what size, how old, or how badly abused. I want to be a vet so I can take care of them easily and quickly.

babolaypo65
04-22-2003, 07:11 PM
House: an adobe built into the side of a mountain in Tesuque NM, with an all wood inside, decorated in a combination of santa fe style and japanese style. lots of light natural woods, rice paper, flowing water....
(and a helicopter to get in and out of tesuque without having to drive through santa fe.

job: the one i have now! but with much better pay

or, fantasy job, linguist for the FBI.

KYS
04-22-2003, 07:41 PM
A Ranch style house on several acres, over looking the ocean on a sprawling slopping hill, nesteled among redwood trees.
My house would be, one story approx 2700 square
feet. Dream job. To be a succesful Rock star, but not
to famous that I would have to hide from the public. :)

wolfsoul
04-22-2003, 08:51 PM
My dream house isn't anything too special lol. I would pick a house with atleast four rooms (one for me, one for the male rats, one for the female rats, one to be a playroom for the dogs) a large yard for the dogs or any other large animal I might have, a large field where I can have an animal shelter built, and a big tree where I can build a treehouse (shuddup I'm a kid at heart :p)

My dream job is to be the owner of an animal shleter and a rattery :D But when I get out of school I'm actually going to go to college to be an animal technician. Not exactly my dream job, but I'm hoping to buid it up to be a shelter owner from there :D

Kfamr
04-22-2003, 09:06 PM
K just close your eyes and imagine.... i'm the worl'd best photographer.... I travel all over the world... bring my 2 children with me... visiting my PT-er friends.... going places like Tennesee, all of the beautiful parks, and wonderful Utah to visit my favorite PT-er. Capturing every moment on film, and floppy disc to share with my friends on Pet Talk.

The Cat Factory
04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
My dream house would be a farm in New Zealand, or a nice house in Rome :) But, I kinda like the house I live in now :)

Dream Job: Archaeologist

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2003, 11:35 PM
My dream house would be a really really old plantation style house... with tall ceilings and hardwood floors.... and big enough for my whole family to live there without getting tired of seeing each other..
Many many acres of land so I could rescue all the helpless and homeless animals...

My dream job is the pet hotel that I am going to own .. one day.:D

wolf_Q
04-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
and wonderful Utah to visit my favorite PT-er.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 04:57 AM
If I had the option to just get the money instead of the dream house i would just stay where I am and my job would be housemaster to my kitties. :D

lbaker
04-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Just about any house at all as long as it's in PetTalkVille. Going along with the "what would your job be in PetTalkVille" theme I would own/run a book store/library where I could read out loud to all critters - young and old (my dogs just love it when I read out loud to them with lots of emotion).

bluekat
04-23-2003, 04:06 PM
My dream house- a big castle in England, or a big farm(could be anywhere) maybe in Switzerland. I have soooo many dream houses though. If I was rich, I'd buy a lot of houses.
My dream job- definately a cat AND dog breeder. Or working at an animals shelter or a vet.

CathyBogart
04-23-2003, 04:40 PM
House: A huge one-story house with high, domed ceilings. Hardwood floor through most of the house, a big fireplace, and of course a lot of property around it.

Career: Venom researcher. I want to make antivenoms for animals to which there currently are none and improve the ones we currently have.

I would also like to start a reptile rescue/sanctuary.