PDA

View Full Version : My mom might be adopting this dog..

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 06:13 PM
QUEEN!

http://www.okanagan.net/spca/adoption/dogs/QUEEN.jpg

Sex: FEMALE (SPAYED)

Breed: SHIH TZU / LHASA APSO

Cost: $66.00 (INCLUDES LICENSE, SHOTS AND VET VISIT)

Background: THIS CUTE SMALL SIZE DOG WAS SURRENDERED TO THE SHELTER RECENTLY. QUEEN IS STILL PLAYFUL, LOVES PLAYING WITH A BALL AND FETCH. SHE IS FRIENDLY WITH PEOPLE, KIDS OF ANY AGE AND OTHER DOGS. SHE KNOWS MOST OF THE BASIC COMMANDS. SHE IS AFFECTIONATE AND LOVES TO CURL UP AND CUDDLE. SHE IS QUIET, ENJOYS TAKING BATHS AND BEING GROOMED. SHE IS LOOKING FOR A LOVING HOME NOW. COME AND HAVE A LOOK AT QUEEN.

We went to the shelter the other day to look at shih tzus and we Saw Queen, my mom wants her soo bad. she is blind. It doesnt mention that in the description. She is 11 almost 12. She needs a home for her last days. I dont care what rude or bad comments some of you might say about my mom getting her. I think she deserves to have a loving home with loving people.
Also I would hate to see her have to be put down or die in a dirty smelly wet cold shelter. I hope my mom adopt's her.

clara4457
04-22-2003, 06:20 PM
I think it is absolutely wonderful that your Mom is thinking of adopting the little Queen. It breaks my heart when I hear of people discarding their dog because they are too old or they have too many medical problems. Adopting an older dog can be one of the most rewarding things in the world - the satisfaction of knowing that you made her later years happy and healthy. I think everyone at PT would be joyful that she has found a loving home to retire to. :) :)

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 06:23 PM
I wouldent be so sure that EVERYONE will be so happy about my mom wanting this dog. Most everyone here thinks I have to many pets, I have a HUGE house and Fenced backyard with dog poo;l and like ALOT of running space, + a dog park just down the street. :D. I hope my mom adopts her. I think she is so special. Her eyes have catercacs (sp?) they are blue it is so sad. that is why she is blind. I live her though she is so friendly and soft and cuddly, ahh I want her so bad. I hope my dad says yes :D.

RockyRoad
04-22-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't know why anyone would make mean comments about your mom wanting to adopt Queen, and if they did, it would be just plain rotten.
That is wonderful that you are thinking of adopting her. She is a very pretty dog, and sounds like she would be a delightful companion. I'm sure she will be very grateful if you guys decide to adopt her. And as many people demand cute little puppies, you are doing a wonderful thing by giving her a great home. :) Hope all goes well for you.

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 06:32 PM
thanks soo much for the nice comments, I hope that everyone is so glad she isnt going to die in a shelter.

Tweety_Pie
04-22-2003, 06:38 PM
I THINK THAT IS WONDERFUL THAT YOU ARE ADOPTING QUEEN! If you think about it, you are saving a life. I am sure Queen would enjoy your company:D Hey Oscar can have a girlfriend:D! lol! GO OSCAR!!!!!!:D ;)

primabella
04-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Good for you. Helping poor Queen out is great! But

She is 11 almost 12. She needs a home for her last days.

How do you know she will be leaving for RB so soon? You make it sound like you know her exact year of death :confused: Anyways, hope you give Queen the great home and love she deserves!

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 06:58 PM
I dont know. I am just thinking it would be better if she has a home to remeber when she passes. She is very old for a shih tzu.

How do you know she will be leaving for RB so soon? You make it sound like you know her exact year of death Anyways, hope you give Queen the great home and love she deserves!

Tweety_Pie
04-22-2003, 07:00 PM
the only thing that counts is that your giving her a home filled with love and thats what she needs best;)

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 07:13 PM
yes I agree Tweety_pie. :D...

Cincy'sMom
04-22-2003, 07:14 PM
I think it is great that your mom is willing to take in a senior pet. Not many people will. I'm not so sure she is "very old for a shih tzu" though....I haven't been able to find anything specific to the breed yet, but smaller breeds tend to have longer life spans...labs avg. life span is 12-14 years..I would guess a shih tzu would be closer 14-16 (of course that is a guess and an average) Anyway, I hope she works out that she she has many happy years ahead of her!

Wait, here is one that lists life expectancy as 15+...Shih Tzu (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/shihtzu.htm)

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Cincy'sMom thanks for that link :D. I was wrong about the age thing, But still the fact remains that she would be much better off in my house with a huge yard and other dogs and walks everyday then in a smelly shelter where she sleeps on a lil wet dirty tamplince thing. yuk. I am thinking my dad will say he doesnt care because he wasnt to goto seatle and my mom wont let him inless she can have another shih tzu lol. she is evil lol

Tweety_Pie
04-22-2003, 07:23 PM
So if your mom decides to get Queen when would you get her?

she is so CUTE!

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 07:52 PM
this week.

Poodle&Labmix
04-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Even if she is blind that isn't too much of a problem, my dog is blind (well can see some shadows, not much more) and she just uses her ears, nose and paws instaid of her eyes.
She can feel with her paws when she is wandering off the sidewalk and corrects herself, and her ears when I throw a squeeky toy (follows the sound) and then she uses her nose to find thins she needs, like her bones etc.
But if you have other dogs, it might be raugh on her, she can not see the other dogs so if they are playing around her she can not move away if she needs to so the other dogs will often run in to her, bump her or something. Just need to watch over her if there are playful dogs around.
My dog eyes are blue, like you said, too. You'll get used to that soon. Even if my dog looks in the wrong direction when she is asking me for something (begging etc.) I think it's so cute. She maby is looking upwards to the right when I am on the left side.
It's just cute. :)
Good luck with her! :D

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 09:59 PM
thanks for the support :). We would be keeping a CLOSE eye on her, she will stay on the deck when the other 2 dogs are running around playing. :) . she'll be an inside dog to so it will be ok :D.