PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Wipes

Uabassoon
04-22-2003, 03:58 PM
When I was at Petsmart today I bought these wipes that you can use to clean your cat so you don't have to bathe them, they are supposed to help remove dander and since I have allergies to my cats I figured that would be easier than bathing them. I was wondering if anyone else has used these kitty wipes, and if they've helped any. I just finished using one on Tibby and she didn't seem too happy about it, but it was much better than on the occasions where I've actually bathed her.

PayItForward
04-22-2003, 04:03 PM
We used a simular wipe from our local petshop, once on George (after he had been ill, and his fur started to spike).

Much better than bathing him (Still get evil looks off him though.)

Kirsten
04-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Never heard of that over here, but it seems to be a much better solution than bathing, 'cause most cats really hate that! Could imagine they won't like the scent of these wipes though.

Kirsten

PayItForward
04-22-2003, 04:25 PM
The ones we got smelt like talc but George didn't seem to mind.

When we bathed him, he recleaned every inch of himself and took several hours to forgive us. With the wipes, he just sat down and went to sleep !

julijul
04-22-2003, 04:49 PM
I really like the wipes! Jonah used to have a problem where he'd step in his mess in the litterbox or get his tail on it..much better than actually doing a whole bath!!

(Plus, I think they smell good!)

Got evil looks from Jonah, though!!

Russian Blue
04-22-2003, 05:08 PM
I bought some for Nakita and the actual smell that came from them was wayyyy to overpowering! I could still smell it on her fur a couple of days later!

I don't think Nakita was too impressed about the smell either. I'm currently in search of a less scented kitty wipe.

;)

kimlovescats
04-22-2003, 05:31 PM
I've been wondering about trying them too! What brand did you get? Try them and let me know what you think!!! hehe

Kim

NoahsMommy
04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
We have those and I actually planned on giving Micah and Basie a "bath" with them tonight...they are starting to get that kitty smell. ;)

They are really great, we love them.

bluekat
04-22-2003, 06:13 PM
They sound great, I've never heard of them though. I want to try some too, since it should be easier than bathing Blueberry, what brand did you get?

batgirl1980
04-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Dis id Bach...
I wan tu tell u about dem baf wyps... dey iz all me meowmie usez. I will admit, i hate bafs.. but I hate dem wyps tu!

Me meomie saiz dey is "da way tu go" wut ever dat meanz.

I tink, "no bafs,, no madder how u do em"... dey get me wet and smelly! Meowmie saiz dat dey make me an my siblingz smell gud. Wut doez she kno newayz!

It sure id quiker den a baf tho! Me an my siblingz go hide if we see her wif dem wypes, but I will say, it iz fastur! shh.. dun tell her I said dat... she might go get dem out again! :eek:

moosmom
04-22-2003, 06:38 PM
I bought them thinking I could use them in between MooShoo's bath time (I bathe him every 2 weeks). I have to agree with Russian Blue when she said their scent was overpowering. Now I just use a wet soft wash cloth with a little kitten shampoo on it. Nothing beats soap and water.

Uabassoon
04-22-2003, 07:36 PM
The kind I bought was made by Simple Solution and they are called Allergy Relief Wipes, so far I like them, they don't have a strong smell and Tibby looks fluffier. The wipes also have a money back guarantee.

emily_the_spoiled
04-23-2003, 07:47 AM
I have used the wipes in the past when I bring home one of the cat's from the vets office. You know how animals will smell different after a visit at the vet, well I find this helps with the re-adjustment period. (i.e., less fighting and hissing ;) )