PDA

View Full Version : A GOLDEN STORY

Albea
12-23-2001, 12:26 PM
This story appeared in the VIP Companion magazine:
A disabled woman, Carole, was given a Golden Retriever puppy at a time when she was depressed and despondent. With the arrival of Dudley, the new puppy, the depression began to dissipate and happier days arrived. Because she felt immense gratitude for Dudley's power to help in her healing, she decided to share that gift with others.
Of all the places Carole and Dudley visited, a safe house for battered women and children stands outmost in her mind. There she met a mother and her 9-year-old son. Everyone knew the boy's father had abused him. But no matter how hard the therapists tried to coax the boy into talking about his torturous childhood, he wouldn't speak. He was always in fear that his words would result in another rage of anger and pain.
When Carole walked in with Dudley, the little boy came over to pet him. Then this sweet but battered child took Dudley to a quiet corner of the room and for more than an hour sat there telling Dudley about the awful things that had happened to him during his short life. Dudley gave the boy an outlet to express his fears and anger, and he may be the only soul on earth who truly knows the overwhelming pain this little boy has endured in all his nine years of life.
Visiting sick people in nursing homes and children in shelters is not always easy for this compassionate woman. However, she believes that Dudley's visits let the children know that there is a better life.
And don't we all know how much better our lives are because we can share them with our furry friends?
:)

Logan
12-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Thank you for the heartwarming story, Alicia. :) Puppies and dogs have a way of making most people feel much better, me included!! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
12-23-2001, 04:46 PM
Thank you for sharing a wonderful story Alicia, I agree if you are feeling down all it takes to lift your spirits is a little nuzzle from our furry friends. Have a wonderful Holiday.
Jackie

12-23-2001, 06:17 PM
Simply AWESOME!!

I know the healing power od goldens/dogs.
I experienced it first hand when Amber Blazed befriended a you girl down the street from me who's parents we not getting along, and also with Hooch pullin my heart out of dispear when I lost Amber Blaze.

GREAT STRORY Albea!!

Feliz Navidad..

lizbud
12-23-2001, 07:41 PM
Albea, Thanks for sharing this story.
That's one of the wonderful things about
dogs. They are capable of seeing into the
very heart of a person and knowing what's
needed to reach them as a true friend would.
Beautiful story...

Dixieland Dancer
12-23-2001, 08:12 PM
The power of unconditional love! What more can anyone want on any day of the year. And that's what our furbabies offer us! Thanks for the heartwarming story! :)