PDA

View Full Version : Did You See This Story

lizbud
04-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Dog Survives Car Accident, Gunshot, Freezer Storage
California Canine 'Dosha' Cheats Death 3 Times In Course Of One Day

POSTED: 4:19 p.m. EDT April 21, 2003
UPDATED: 4:26 p.m. EDT April 21, 2003

CLEARLAKE, Calif. -- Forget cats and their nine lives.

A dog named Dosha is showing she's a survivor as well.

In the course of one day last week, Dosha survived being hit by a car, being shot in the head and being stuck in a freezer for two hours.

It all started when a car hit her. A Clearlake police officer said no one at the scene could tell him who Dosha's owner was so he shot her in the head to save her the pain of the injuries.

The dog was presumed dead and taken to Animal Control, where she was put in a freezer. About two hours later, a facility official went to the freezer and found Dosha alive -- but cold.

Animal rights groups have begun raising money to pay for her care.

kingrattus
04-22-2003, 12:23 PM
WOW, thats amazing!! Hope the dog gets better & finds a good loving home

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 12:38 PM
wow that dog is a surviver.

lovemyshiba
04-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Amazing story!!!
I hope that wonderful dog finds a forever home with people who love him very much--he deserves it!!!

lizbud
04-22-2003, 01:27 PM
The story was also on ABC News website;

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20030421_2045.html

What I don't understand is how do they know the dogs's
name, if she couldn't be identified at the scene? I'm glad she's
going to be o.k.

RubyMutt
04-22-2003, 01:29 PM
I heard that story on the radio this morning. I can't believe that police officer did that!! :mad: I hope Dosha recovers and finds a loving forever home!

kingrattus
04-22-2003, 09:20 PM
You have to see it from the cops perspective. The dog looks half dead & suffering horrible. All the cop was doing was putting it out of its pain. Rob did the same thing to a deer. He was driving his armoured truck & hit a deer. The deer's hips were broken so she couldn't walk. Rob said she was crying, so he called the cops to ask if it was ok to shot the deer to put it out of her horrible pain & they said yes, so Rob shot the deer twice in the head.

& I see no difference between a dog & a deer in pain.. the cop probly thought it wasn't gonna live anyway.. I would have done the same thing.

Jessica12345
04-22-2003, 09:24 PM
wow, that really is truly amazing. :)

I hope he finds a forever loving home!