PDA

View Full Version : Moving Plans

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 07:42 AM
It is a bit too early, but Andrew, Drake and I will be headed West to Sierra Vista, AZ the last week in July! He has to report there on August 3rd. We will be driving and camping along the way. A good way to see the sights and will make it easier on Drake than flying :) We will be at Ft. Huachuka (AZ) for 10 weeks! Then we are off to Germany! We are being sent to Wiesbaden, Germany for 3 years.

Mom is coming to visit at the end of June. We are going to be driving to Newtown, PA to visit my uncle and his family and to pick up Mom since she is flying into Philly. Then we are headed to Clyde, OH for the 4th of July for a family reunion and 80th birthday celebration for Andrew's grandfather. Then we will be returning to Ft. Rucker to start packing and getting ready for our AZ move!!

Cataholic
04-22-2003, 10:22 AM
WOW, that will be an exciting time for you. Is Drake going with you to Germany???

lovemyshiba
04-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Wow--sounds like a busy summer you have planned!! And driving and camping sounds like the perfect way to get there--I can't imagine putting my dogs on a plane!! I'm sure it will be fun!!!
Is Drake able to go to Germany with you??

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Of course Drake will be going with us to Germany! He will not be left behind. I have already spoken with the processing office and they said with the appropriate documents, Drake won't be quarantined. So, I will start on the paperwork in August probably.

Sudilar
04-22-2003, 11:56 AM
What an exciting adventure you are going to have!!! Wishing you a safe and fun experience!! I'm so glad you can take Drake with you without him being quarantined. Sounds like so much fun! Be sure you find a way to stay in touch with us! :D

Cataholic
04-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I didn't mean to imply anything about Drake going or not going to Germany. I just didn't want to make what could have been a sad situation (Drake being separated from you two) any sadder. Now that I know he is going, I can be totally excited for all three of you!!!!! I do believe Drake will be the first international traveller here..unless Soledad's Boo was first???

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Actually, Joahana, Draker has been to Paris, Mexico, and Canada already!!

Sudilar
04-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Wow!! Drake's a world traveller!!! I have never left the country (except to visit Canada, which, btw, is really beautiful).

aly
04-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Souraya - I was really sad at first to see you're moving to Germany, but then I remembered DUH! I'll still be able to read your posts and see your pictures :D So now I'm just excited for you!

I hope you have a lot of fun this summer and I hope you love it where you move!

Uabassoon
04-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey you'll be close to me! One of my best friends lived in Sierra Vista, until she got shipped off to Korea. Maybe while you're here we could go to the dog park (not sure if you take drake to dog parks or not) But Sierra Vista is only about 45 min. from me.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Uabassoon, sure Drake could go to a dog park. He goes to one here on post at Ft. Rucker. I am not sure if I will take in in AZ since it is so hot there and I would be worried about him getting a heat stroke. But You and I can meet for sure!! Drake or no Drake!

04-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Germany!! Oh my, that is Barbara's country, and also very close to Belgium!:D :D ! If you would ever concider to make a trip from there to Belgium, be sure to let me know! I can be your guide here(Bruges, Gent, Antwerp, Brussels, ...)!
How exciting for all of you:) :) !

Uabassoon
04-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Since you will be here in the middle of the hot season, we could always take the dogs on a hike up Mt. Lemmon. That's usually where I go during the hot season because it's 30 colder on the mountain, it's right in Tucson and it's so beautiful. My dog Missy loves hiking up Mt Lemon.

ramanth
04-22-2003, 02:33 PM
How exciting for you all! :D I wish you, Drake, and Andrew a safe trip.

Don't forget pictures! :)

Uabassoon
04-22-2003, 02:35 PM
I know this is a little ramdom and off topic, but ramanth I LOVE your avatar. The cat looks so much like Tibby and it's just so cute, it made me laugh for a while.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 02:41 PM
That is a cool avatar, Kimmy!

And lut, we are planning on visiting as many European cities as possible. We might take you up on your offer to be our Belgian guide!!

ramanth
04-22-2003, 03:48 PM
:o I'm glad you guys like it. :D

AmberLee
04-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by aly
Souraya - I was really sad at first to see you're moving to Germany, but then I remembered DUH! ...

:o :o :o Aly, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking until I realized that I'd never actually met Souraya anyway!!! Sort of glad that I'm not the only one caught in that mental trap!

Souraya, I'm SO excited for you! Great news!!