PDA

View Full Version : So annoying

anna_66
04-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Our new next door neighbors have a GS and he is a very beautiful dog but......
he keeps coming into our front yard up by the fence and aggervating my dogs. It just really makes me :mad:
They don't have a fence and just let him roam free. There have been many times I've seen him in the middle of the road, and once I even had to stop because he was just standing in the road looking up at the sky:eek:
There is really nothing I could do, because if I go out, he goes home. So I couldn't call the police because I'm sure they would say they could only do something if he was in my yard when they came.
And the worst thing is the other day I went out when he was at the fence, and the lady was screaming for him to come back home, and needless to say he didn't listen. So her son came over to get him and I asked if he would bite and he said "He might!" Isn't that great:rolleyes: A dog on the loose that could potentially be a biter:eek:
I'm just afraid if this keeps happening when summer comes that Angus could get really worked up & have a heat stroke or something.
What would you do:confused:

micki76
04-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh, that's soooo annoying. We are currently in the process of installing an interior fence along the perimeter because we share a fence with our neighbor and all 3 run the fence and bark constantly. Maybe you could block off the portion of the fence that he comes to by several feet? Fortunately we have small dogs and a large yard so we won’t lose too much yard space. Hope you can do something.
I know Chester has gotten so aggitated that I really thought he was going to die. Course, it doesn’t take much when it’s 110 degrees! :eek:

rizzy
04-21-2003, 09:53 PM
What I would do if I were you is maybe tell the owner to put him on a leash and tie him up. He can't be wondering around in the street and in the yards of other people on the block. If they cant go out and buy a $10-$20 leash and spend maybe 10 more seconds to tie him up...would they rather spend hours looking for him when someday he runs away?

rizzy
04-21-2003, 09:56 PM
If that doesnt work then maybe they should watch him to. I know that shock collars are bad but if it is needed...than maybe that is what should be done. As far as biting goes just leave the dog alone and it will go away. Hopefully I have helped a little. Keep us updated!
GOOD LUCK:D

lovemyshiba
04-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Sounds to me like you have some irresponsible neighbors, which unfortunately puts you in a tough spot, because there's not much you can do. Currently, we do not have a fence (probably about a month or so), but there are about 4 dogs on our street that are allowed to roam free. I can't even take Kito out when the cocker is out, he just despises that dog. Most of the owners are pretty good, usually right there with the dog, except for the golden, Max--he is always in our yard, and the neighbors have no idea--they live a few houses down, and across the street--they don't even notice that their dog is crossing the road:eek: Anyway, the lady also told me that Max is a bit dog aggressive, so I asked her kindly if Max could be contained to his own yard, or porch, or that she be with him. I haven't really seen him much since, but it was only last week--with the warmer weather coming, I'm sure he'll be around:rolleyes:

I guess right now the only thing you can do is try to talk to them about the situation. Maybe they will understand, and keep him in their yard. I would try that, and go from there.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Tough situation. I do not blame this on the dog at all. But your neighbors need to be beaten! I am not sure what to tell you to do, Anna. Perhaps talk to them and express your concerns. I do have a feeling though, that they won't really care since they don't care enough about letting their GSD roam freely like they do!

Best of luck to you.

anna_66
04-22-2003, 07:28 AM
I really don't think they'd care if I said anything either.
I know it's not the dogs fault, and try not to get upset with him, it just aggervates me that people can have such potentially great dogs and they just more or less ignore them:mad: