PDA

View Full Version : Helpful goldfish?!

wolfsoul
04-21-2003, 07:57 PM
My aunt was watching this animal trick show on the television, and they showed a goldfish.

Well, this one goldfish (one of those big ones with googly eyes)had been kept in such a small cup, that he outgrew it, and the owners gave him away! :mad: So the nice new owners kept him in a larger bowl. After being in a tiny cup for so long, the fish was all gibbled and could no longer swim. So the onwers got another goldfish to house with this one.

Soon, the gibbled goldfish could no longer even go to the top for food. And they showed on this show, in front of the audience, how the healthy goldfish, would push the crippled one to the top every single time they were fed! :eek: And then they would go down. And when they people would lift their hand to give more, the fish would go under the other and push him to the top again! :eek:

I thought it was neat, since goldfish have memory spans of, like, 3 seconds lol

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 12:22 PM
wow that is so neat how the healthy one helped the weaker one. I hate when ppl house fishies in small cups or jars it is so evil.

I dont think the gibbled gold fish will survive much longer. By the way the kind of fish that you are explaining sounds like an oranda to me ;)

OrcaLuver
05-19-2003, 03:55 PM
That is so cute! I remember I saw that on a show on animal planet called amazing animal videos! I used to have baby googly eyed fish, but i forget what their called!:p