PDA

View Full Version : Very sad day

mugsy
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
I have bad news to report. 6 of the dogs escaped yesterday and we got 5 of them back, although it took me 2 hours to find Tigger and he was about a mile from home. The bad news is that Vonney is still gone. :( I am just heartbroken. All I have done is cry. Please say your prayers that we find him, healthy. I absolutely hate this. I feel so helpless. Mike is going to the shelter as we speak. I have called the newspaper. I have called the vets in the area. I have made reward posters. I have called the SPCA. We drove around for hours yesterday. The kid that lives behind us helped look for him too.

aly
04-21-2003, 02:36 PM
I am really sorry :( I have had scares where I thought my cat was gone (she wasn't but I still know how you feel). Its awful to not know where they are or what they could be going through. My prayers are with you that you will find him as soon as possible. Maybe he's safely waiting at the shelter for you guys to come pick him up.

primabella
04-21-2003, 02:38 PM
How terrible. Praying that Vonney finds his way back home safely and quickly. Or that you find him. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

lovemyshiba
04-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh Molly--I can't imagine what you are going through.
I'm praying for a safe and healthy return for Vonney, and praying for you and Mike, too.

Kfamr
04-21-2003, 02:44 PM
So sorry. How did they get out? :( :( hopefully you're fine vonney safe and healthy.:(

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Oh, Molly, my hopes and prayers are with you, and Mike, and Vonney. I really do hope that you find your sweet girl. I really hope you find her. :(

Cheshirekatt
04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm thinking good coming home thoughts for Vonney....the little stinker. Keep up all the hard work, it does help. Let us know.

Cincy'sMom
04-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Please come home Vonney!! Your family misses you!!!

Mike and Molly- My heart goes out to you!! I can't imagine knowing one of my babies was out there somewhere and not knowing if they were safe. Please let meknow if there is anything I can do to help!

CamCamPup33
04-21-2003, 03:49 PM
i am so sorry! i wish u will find him or some one else will. Ill keep u in my thoughts.. and vonney too!:(

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Oh Molly! I am so sorry to hear about this. How horrible this must be on you. I hope Vonney finds his way home soon or that you are able to find him. You, Mike, and Vonney are in my thoughts. I pray that Vonney is safe.

Hugs to you.

anna_66
04-21-2003, 04:28 PM
That is terrible, 6 of them got out? Thank goodness the other 5 were found. I sure hope that Vonney comes home or someone finds him very soon. I can't imagine how your feeling right now:( Please keep us updated. We're sending good {{VIBES}} that Vonney comes home safe & sound.

RockyRoad
04-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Molly, I'm so sorry. Thank God you found five of them.

God, please help poor Vonney find his way home, and protect him from harm.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, good luck.
{{{Hugs}}}

iceyshiver21
04-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Oh it is horrible feeling...Vonnie come back....

Cookiebaker
04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
oh Mike & Mugsy, i can only imagine the heart-sickening feeling you must have. Sending good vibes that Vonny will be found soon. please keep us updated!!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
:eek:

Prayers and Best Wishes that poor Vonney
gets his Furry Butt Home ASAP!!

Good Luck with the search!!

I do know what it's like when one of the FurKids
takes an :eek: unauthorized stroll...

We'll keep the Paws, Klaws, and Fingers *crossed*!

/s/ Phred

ChrisH
04-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh, Molly, my heart goes out to you and Mike. Praying real hard that Vonney is home soon safe and sound.

GSDgurl
04-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Oh Mugsy, im soo sorry to hear the bad news. Im praying, wishing, n' hopeing that Vonney comes home safe n' sound. Or yall well find him safe n' sound. My prayers are with you, Mike, n' Vonney.

Rachel
04-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Oh Mugsy, I am so sorry. I can only imagine what worry you must be going through. Did Vonney have an ID tag on? Is he chipped? Special prayers being said tonight for Vonney's safe return home.

Logan
04-21-2003, 05:54 PM
This is terribly upsetting, Molly. I know you are beside yourself. I am sitting here realizing how lucky you were to get 5 back. One more to go. I do hope Vonney will be home in no time. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Logan

jenluckenbach
04-21-2003, 06:06 PM
I am so sorry about your escapees. I sure hope you can locate Vonney very soon.

moosmom
04-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Oh Molly,

I'm so sorry about Vonney. You, Mike and Vonney will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there girl.

lizbud
04-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Molly,

Im so sorry to hear about this. I am hoping & praying that
you find Vonny soon and unharmed. God speed Vonny home.

KYS
04-21-2003, 07:30 PM
I am so sorry, I am praying real hard that Vonny will be home
safe.

I remember when our Penny got out, and that was
the 2nd time I ever saw my husband shed tears.
Lucky a woman found her at a supermarket.
(she followed some school kids)
A woman who spoke no English, picked her up
and had her husband called us that night. So
our story had a very happy ending, and
I pray you will have a happy ending too.

delidog
04-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Oh Dear Mugsy,Mike and Vonnie,
My heart goes out to you all!!!!
I have been in the same situation before.....The worry is terrible!!!!
All Paws and hands are praying for you guys here!!!!

Vonnie.....Please don't make mom and dad worry any longer!!!
Please come home safe and sound SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cisco's Mom
04-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Cisco has his paws crossed and I my fingers. Oh Vonny please come home! Your in our prayers!

mugsy
04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys. Please keep the prayers coming. Mike and I drove around (separately) for 2 hours tonight too. No luck. He wasn't at the shelter. We handed out quite a few flyers today too.
Yes, he did have tags on, we'll see. I just can't stop crying. I hate this I hate this I hate this.

Pam
04-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Mugsy I'm so sorry to read this. I hope that someone will find Vonnie and return him to you. There are some nice people out there and I am hoping he has linked up with one who would like nothing better than to be part of arranging a reunion for you all. Ripley got out about a month ago and, although he was never out of our sight, we had a hard time catching him and my heart was in my throat. I know you must be heartsick. (((hugs)))

delidog
04-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Does he have a chip????
try calling avid....to notify them just in case.....
How about the lost pet section on Petfinder??????
Have you tried the local news stations???
Posting there with a reward sometimes helps....Think of the amount of people they reach.....
Just some thoughts that have crossed my mind......

Our Thoughts and Prayers are with You Three and your other worried 19.....

anna_66
04-21-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you haven't found Vonney yet.

We're keeping our fingers & paws crossed that he comes home safe.

lovemyshiba
04-21-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear Vonnie isn't home yet.
We have 20 fingers, 20 toes, and 12 paws crossed here for Vonnie's safe return.

sammi
04-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Mugsy, I am so sorry to hear about Vonney. I will pray and send positive thoughts out for her. I hope you find her soon.

Might it help to post her picture and description on here just in case someone sees it?

kingrattus
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Have u tried the local Radio station?? I know back home I use to hear missing pets on the radio all the time. Most of the time it was the owner begging someone to call if they have any info... u don't have to give ur phone # over the radio, cause the radio station will give out theres to protect u & then call u asap if they hear something... its worth a shot

wolf_Q
04-21-2003, 11:12 PM
So sorry to hear this Mugsy. :( How did they all manage to get out?

I'll be keeping Vonney in my thoughts...getting safely home...:(

marysmerrycats
04-21-2003, 11:43 PM
I'm so sorry, I hope Vonney finds his way back home healthy and safe!

if he has tags on, I'm sure you will get him back.
maybe you could include his pic on the posters? somehow I think a pic will get more peoples attention than just a poster alone...

shais_mom
04-21-2003, 11:51 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers Molly and Mike and Vonnie.

Cincy'sMom
04-22-2003, 05:21 AM
Still praying Vonney comes home quickly and safely!

AdoreMyDogs
04-22-2003, 06:26 AM
I am so sorry :( Poor Vonny :( I sure do hope he finds his way home again, or that someone picks him up and is keeping him safe and warm until he is reunited with you.

Please come home, Vonny.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2003, 06:56 AM
I just wanted to see if there is any new news on Vonney and there isn't :( Keep checking at the shleters and animal hospitals daily incase he was found and brought there.

You guys are still in my thoughts.

Cataholic
04-22-2003, 07:08 AM
Molly and Mike,
I am so sorry to hear Vonney is still on the run. Prayers coming that he make a return to some place! Shelter, neighbor, your house, etc., soon.
Johanna

babolaypo65
04-22-2003, 10:18 AM
This is heartbreaking... Try to stay positive. We are all thinking about you guys.

Sudilar
04-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Oh Molly and Mike!! I know how you feel!!! I am praying that Vonney is returned to you safely and quickly.

When we first got Shiloh, she escaped out the front door as my son opened it and for the minute or so that my son had to chase her down and tackle her, I almost passed out. You must be so very worried.

Vonney, sweetie, go home...go home..

Dakota's Mommy
04-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Oh Molly and Mike, I am so sorry for this! Of course you guys and Vonney will be in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope and pray for his safe return soon. I can't imagine what I would do if one of mine got out and I couldn't find them, I'd go crazy!

mugsy
04-22-2003, 11:44 AM
I included a picture on the poster and then added in big red letters "REWARD" That usually helps too. Thanks for your prayers, we need it.

RubyMutt
04-22-2003, 01:34 PM
:( That is horrible! I hope Vonney makes it home safely! He will be in my thoughts. I'm so sorry :(

PayItForward
04-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Hoping Vonney gets home soon.

Thinking of you all.

ramanth
04-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Oh no!! :( :( :(

Vonney, oh please come home safe. Your mommy and daddy are so worried.

My prayers for you, Mike, and Vonney.

*HUGS*

Sudilar
04-22-2003, 02:58 PM
So very worried about Vonney. I keep thinking about him. I pray he comes home soon. :(

jenluckenbach
04-22-2003, 03:20 PM
I keep checking in for the good news that Vonney is found. PLEASE Vonney......everyone is worried about you!!!!!!!:(

babolaypo65
04-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Nothing from Vonnie?? :( :( :(

4 Dog Mother
04-22-2003, 09:51 PM
I can't believe I had missed this thread. I didn't know Vonnie was gone until I read about it in Christy's thread about Brian leaving for Iraq. I sure hope and pray that Vonnie is found soon.

Just the other day, Carl left the door open into the garage. It is just a screen door and the wind sometimes blows it open. Before I could do a thing, out went Snoopy and Jack was just behind him although I grabbed Jack before he got out. Since I was unaware of the door being open, they could have easily all got out and run off and it could have been awhile before we noticed. It can happen so easily adn sooo fast.

In fact, as I am writing this I remember a day last summer when I looked out back and remarked to Carl that the dog in our neighbor's fenced yard looked just like Oreo. And then I started to look for Oreo - and guess what that same screen door had blown open and out went Oreo. We have no idea how long she was gone! It was just a lucky think she wondered through an opening in the fence adn then didn't remember how to get back out.

PayItForward
04-23-2003, 06:04 AM
No news yet ?

Vonney, I hope you are on the way home.

Sudilar
04-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Still praying that Vonney is ok and on his way home. Where are you Vonney?? Go home, sweetie.

kingrattus
04-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Has anyone heard anything?
Vonney please go home, ur worring everyone

tatsxxx11
04-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Oh Molly, I know how devastated you must be.:(:( Please come home, Vonny, your Mommy, Daddy and doggie pals miss you very much. Praying as hard as I can that Vonny is found very soon. Hugs to you Mollly. Oh, this is so sad.:(:(

anna_66
04-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Please come home soon Vonney.

ParNone
04-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Sending positive vibes your way that Vonney gets found soon.

Nothing quite so panicky as a lost dog. I was staying at my
Mom's house a few years ago and had put Maddie in the back
yard to potty and explore for a few, while I was busy in the
house. While blind though she may have been, she was able to
pry open the gate between my mom's yard and the neighbor's.
Then managed to find an opening under their fence out to the
front. I went out to check on her and she was gone. I was
running around like a maniac, yelling at my mom to head down
one end of the street, while I checked down the other.
My heart was about to pound out of my chest, I was so scared.
Well Mom found her about 10 houses down, just toodling down
the sidewalk, sniffing here and sniffing there, not a care in the
world. I was never so happy to see one dog in my whole life.

Praying for a happy ending for you too.

Par...

Logan
04-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Molly and Mike, I am still praying for that baby to come home. Please know that we are thinking of you.

Logan

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Still thinking about you and praying dear Vonney comes home soon!

lovemyshiba
04-23-2003, 04:16 PM
No news yet??
Please dear Vonnie, come home. Your mommy, daddy, 19 siblings, and countless pters miss you terribly.

Stenograsaurus
04-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I just read this thread today. Mike and Molly, I know you guys are devestated right now. I am praying hard that Vonney comes back home where he belongs.

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 07:21 PM
I personally never had a lost animnal, but I can tell you all that NOW I know what it feels like. :( Please come home Vonney. :(

sammi
04-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Still thinking of you Molly and sending prayers out for Vonney.

mugsy
04-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Please keep the prayers coming. We are getting closer I think, we've had a couple of leads, but still no luck. This is just gut wrenching. I really hate this.

Jen I really hate to ask this, but how do you know now? :(

jenluckenbach
04-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I did not mean to be misleading, but the worry about your dog makes me feel the saddness you must be feeling. I hope this isn't patronizing.

Sudilar
04-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Still praying that Vonney comes home soon.

4 Dog Mother
04-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Molly & Mike,

Prayers are coming your way!! Hope one of the leads brings Vonnie back to you.

Cinder & Smoke
04-23-2003, 08:18 PM
We're Praying, Molly & Mike ~
We're Praying...

Hey Vonney ~
Think it's tyme you headed back Home!
Da Folks are wurried bout you!

Herro, God ~

Would You paLeeze send Vonney rite home?

Thanks, God!

/s/ the PrayerPups

oodlesofpoodles
04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Oh my prayers are with Vonnie, I do hope you are found soon. We all have our paws crossed for a speedy return home. :(

rizzy
04-23-2003, 08:35 PM
I am sorry mugsy.:( I hope that you can find him. I really believe he will return. GOOD LUCK!

KYS
04-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Couple of leads is good news.
I just wish Vonney would hurry up and be found or
come home. : (
Praying and wishing that you will have
great news for us.

Kfamr
04-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Ack.. i was hoping to come in and see that you guys found him. This is why we all need to live in pet talk ville, whole gated twon for no evil can come in and no pups can go out. The pups could run the whole town free. I hope you find your baby safe.:(

Jessica12345
04-23-2003, 09:44 PM
oh dear.... oh dear... i cant beleive i missed this thread! many prayers are sent your way, im so sorry!:( be strong and do not give up! vonney go home, please.... be safe...:( ill be praying for you all the way, as im sure many PTers will. :( oh my.... :(

delidog
04-24-2003, 06:05 AM
Mugsy and Mike,
Glad that you got at least a couple of leads!!!
We are ALL still Praying for you guys and Dear Vonnie!!!!!

Vonnie,
if you can read this:
Please Come Home NOW!!!
Games Over!!!You Win!!!!!!

PayItForward
04-24-2003, 06:07 AM
May one of the leads be the right one.

Thinking of you.

Pam
04-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Just checking in to see if Vonnie has been found. You are all still in my thoughts. I know you are sick with worry. This is so sad. Hopefully today will bring the good news you are waiting for.

ChrisH
04-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Thinking of you and checking for news all the time. Still praying hard.

Please, please, God, send Vonney home today.

ramanth
04-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Vonney! Please come home.

You are so very missed.
:(

*thoughts and prayers with you all*

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Vonney, sweetie, please go home today.

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Still wishing, hoping and praying for a quick return!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
mugsy I'm very sorry to hear that Vonnie is still missing, we will hope and pray that Vonnie finds his way home or someone will pick him up and return him.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

anna_66
04-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I was hoping to come home & see that Vonney had been found.

Please come home, your mommy misses you sooo much.

Still keeping our fingers & paws crossed for you.

Dakota's Mommy
04-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Our fingers and paws are still crossed here and prayers continue to be made from us! Hope that these leads turn something up very soon!

Vonney, we all miss you, come home now! As Deli Dog said, you've won, now come home to get some food and a treat!

mugsy
04-24-2003, 07:46 PM
VONNEY IS HOME!!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We are feeding the crew now, I will tell you the story of his return later.

jenluckenbach
04-24-2003, 07:48 PM
:D

Pam
04-24-2003, 07:49 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL STAY TUNED!!! WELCOME HOME VONNEY!! ;)

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Wooooohoooooo!!!!
That is GREAT news!!!! Welcome home Vonney!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are ok!!!!!!!!!

Cookiebaker
04-24-2003, 07:55 PM
:D :D :D Now you'll be able to sleep with comfort tonight!! I'm so happy for you & Mike and pack of 20!!! :D

babolaypo65
04-24-2003, 07:57 PM
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!! Congrats! tell us the details of his return after you lavish him with kisses.

PayItForward
04-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Thank God.

Give him a big hug.

Awaiting news of his great adventures. :D :D

delidog
04-24-2003, 08:09 PM
YEAH!!!!!!! VONNIE!!!!!!! YEAH MUGSY!!!!!!! YEAH MIKE!!!!!! YEAH THE OTHER19 FUR KIDS!!!! :D :D :D :

KYS
04-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Woo Woo Woo!!!!

That is great news.
I am sooooo glad everyone is back home safe.
Yipeeee!!!!

Cheshirekatt
04-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh thank the heavens! :D I've been waiting so long for this good news!

CathyBogart
04-24-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm so relieved for you and Vonney!!

mugsy
04-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, here's the story in a nutshell.

Mike went to the shelter today to check and there he was. Mike yelled and the girl that walked him through jumped back about 3 cages (according to Mike who likes to exaggerate! lol ;) ). Mike came to school (since I had the checkbook) to tell me, and I, of course cried...Thank God school was out! lol. He came into the shelter with no collar...little snot ditched it somehow. We went to pick him up and was told that he had come in at 5:30 last night (they close at 5) and had been picked up at a local vet hospital. Now, understand that I had taken the flyer WITH HIS PICTURE on it to that very hospital on Tuesday and they didn't bother to check their board or we could have had him last night. It cost us $27 to get him, but they chipped him for us and we had to pay $2 to replace his city tag. I didn't care, I would have paid whatever was necessary to get him back. He is healthy and doesn't seem to be any worse for wear other than being a little tired and snippy with some of the dogs...I have a feeling he may have had a couple of run ins. He's covered in burrs that will take a LONG time to get out, but it will happen! hehe

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Oh Molly! I am so glad to hear that Vonney is home and safe! What a relief!! Everyone was so worried.

Welcome back home, Vonney!!

Hugs to everyone!

lizbud
04-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Great news Molly & Mike,

I was REALLY starting to do some serious worrying & sorta
expecting bad news. I feel so relieved for you guys. Don't you
wish dogs could TALK sometimes? He's probably got a bunch
of stories to tell.:D I am so happy. Welcome home Vonny.:D

lovemyshiba
04-24-2003, 09:03 PM
wonderful news!!!
I'm so glad Vonnie is home!!!!!
I'm sure he does have some stories to tell, but we'll never know.
Doesn't matter--he's home now, and that's what does.

babolaypo65
04-24-2003, 09:17 PM
You and Mike will sleep well tonight. and so will vonnie! I'm so glad this had a happy ending!

Cinder & Smoke
04-24-2003, 09:17 PM
:)
Hi, God ~

Wow, God!
You sure been *bizzy* tuday!

Roundin up poor Vonney an sendin him home to Mike & Molly... :D
Helpin wiff Mr Binx Toofie Fix... :D
Gettin Mr Killian to EET agin... :D

Mebbee You shuld take da rest of da nite *OFF*??

THANKx fur allua Help, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

kingrattus
04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm so glad u found him in one piece. I have been thinking of u guys all day & wonder if he had been found. :)

oodlesofpoodles
04-24-2003, 09:45 PM
I was so scared to look today. But glad I did. am so happy that Vonney is safe and sound and back home. God really does look after all creatures great and small. I know he heard all our prayers and granted it. So So So Happy!!!!!!:)

4 Dog Mother
04-24-2003, 09:58 PM
E.R. is on, one of the few shows I watch on TV and where am I - here checking to see if Vonnie has been found. Thank God, Vonnie has been found!!! Congratulations Mike and Molly!! Am so glad that this had a happy ending. Can't imagine how we would deal with not knowing where one of our 5 was for several days.

Rachel
04-24-2003, 10:00 PM
We can all exhale now.

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Phred's Prayer Pups have said it all. It has been a day of little miracles!! I am so glad Vonney is ok. I know how relieved you are now, Molly and Mike!!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Oh I am sooo glad I decided to check one more time before I headed to bed...YEAH VONNEY!!!! I am so glad he is home safe!!!! Give him a little swat on the butt, tell him never do that again and then give him a HUGE hug and kiss for me!!!!

Uabassoon
04-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh I'm so happy to hear that!! That's great news!!

gini
04-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Lotsa good news on the board tonight!

Thank you God!! You have been looking out for our pups and we appreciate your healing and helping Binx and helping Vonnie find his way home!

A lot of people are pretty happy tonight and will have a good night's rest!

ChrisH
04-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Wonderful, wonderful news!:D :D :D http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p992dfc6b02c20c7e4afd683603b884e0/fc8cc872.gif

Thank you Lord.:)

tatsxxx11
04-25-2003, 05:48 AM
What WONDERFUL news to wake up to!!!!! What relief!!!!!! God surely worked some miracles last night!!!:) Hugs and kisses to you, you little scamp!!:D Mike, Molly, I'm SO happy for you!!!!:D

YAY VONNEY!!!!!!!!!

anna_66
04-25-2003, 06:50 AM
I was hoping there would be good news today, and there is:D :D

So glad to hear that he's come home, now hopefully you will get a good nights rest!!!

Jessica12345
04-25-2003, 07:33 AM
yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

oh vonnie!!!!!!! welcome home! thats such great news! ooh god, i was worried sick! thank you god!

:) :) :) :D :D :D

ramanth
04-25-2003, 08:41 AM
This is turning out to be a wonderful Friday!!

YAAYYYYY!!!! I'm SO happy Vonney is home. :D :D :D

Give that crazy pooch a HUGE hug from me, Kia, and Andy.

sammi
04-25-2003, 09:07 AM
:) :) Its going to be a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) Vonney is home again!!!! Thank you god;)

RubyMutt
04-25-2003, 09:25 AM
What a relief!! Yea!! :D I'm so happy you are safe at home Vonney!! :D

Albea
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Welcome back Vonnie!!! You must be very happy to be back home, but not as happy as your mom, dad and siblings are to have you with them again.

Logan
04-25-2003, 10:01 AM
WHEW!!!!!! :D :D :D

Vonney is home. Duncan is ok. Killian is eating. Who am I missing? We all certainly have a lot to be thankful for today!!! :)

Next stop, Binx! I haven't checked on him yet today!! :o

marysmerrycats
04-25-2003, 10:03 AM
YAY!!!!! SO GLAD HE'S BACK!! :) :) :)

Tollersrock
04-25-2003, 10:07 AM
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

mugsy
04-25-2003, 11:23 AM
thanks guys!! I woke up this morning late and could NOT get started. I talked to Mike and he and I both figured that it had been 5 days since I had relaxed and now I'm paying for it. I am just so happy to have him home. My dad even cried that we got him back.

Kim I thought of you immediately when he left and when we got him back because I know he's your favorite.

ellensy
04-25-2003, 11:46 AM
glad that Vonnie made it home safely :)

Smilla
04-25-2003, 11:49 AM
I just opened up this thread today, and after I read the first page I skipped to the last, hoping to find good news! Glad Vonney made it home.

Tom&Pam
04-25-2003, 01:53 PM
I watched this site for the first couple days, and couldn't handle it anymore. So glad to hear the wonderful news that Vonnie is home and safe.
Pam&Tom & Buddy

Dakota's Mommy
04-25-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm so exciting about this and happy for you! What a great day! Such an exciting time! So good to hear that he's home safe and sound!

Stenograsaurus
04-25-2003, 05:13 PM
I am so glad that Vonney is back home safe and sound where he belongs. Try vegetable oil for the burrs. That's what we used on my horse when we first got him. We thought we would have to shave his mane because he had so many in it but they all came out with veg. oil and a lot of patience.

K9karen
04-25-2003, 07:00 PM
WHEW!
BIG SQUEEZIES AND KISSES TO ALL!!

mugsy
04-25-2003, 11:55 PM
You guys are the greatest!! Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Vonney is pretty much back to normal....yep...he's back to rolling on his side when I walk by expecting a belly rub!! hehhe

marysmerrycats
04-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Now, understand that I had taken the flyer WITH HIS PICTURE on it to that very hospital on Tuesday and they didn't bother to check their board or we could have had him last night.

when you found out about that, what did you do?
I swear, I would have ... for lack of a better word, can't think right now!... I would have ripped into them! whats the hecks wrong with them, they can't take 2 blankety blank minutes to check!? I hope you told them off, but I'm sure you had other things on your mind, like getting your sweet Vonney back.:)

Im so glad this ended well, I didnt want to say earlier, I lost a dog when I was a teen, and never got him back.:(

Vonney, be a good boy and stay home, no more running out!

joycenalex
04-27-2003, 11:40 AM
mike and molly, i cannot tell you how happy i am to read that vonny is home. alex disappeared, once for an hour, and i will NEVER forget that feeling of fear when i couldn't find my furbaby.
vegetable oil does work well for burr removal.

mugsy
04-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys!! I tried to call the guy who turned him into the vet, but no one was home. He was found quite a ways from home....at least 3 or 4 miles.

Mary, I didn't feel TOO badly since the picture wasn't the best and I said that he had a purple collar with tags and he didn't have that on. They were REALLY apologetic too.

Vonney still isn't eating much, but he's eating more each day and he could stand to lose a couple of pounds anyway. He has never been very needy, but he's been quite a bit more cuddly than usual since he got home.

Kater
04-27-2003, 01:14 PM
:D WELCOME HOME SWEET VONNEY!!! :D
I'm so glad this all worked out for the best.

What is your guess as to his mix? From your siggy I see maybe chow/collie or something? He's such a cutie!!!!

Sudilar
04-27-2003, 03:17 PM
I am so glad that Vonney is none the worse for wear! Glad this turned out with a happy ending!! :D

gini
04-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Mugsy, can you give us a bigger picture of Vonnie, so we can all kiss him on the nose?

mugsy
04-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Vonney is, at our best guess, either Chow/Husky or Chow/Aussie mix. He is soooooo pretty. People have taken triple takes with him and have actually had the nerve to ask if we wanted to sell him.

gini
04-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Ha!:) :) I am confused. How do you spell his name?

The picture says Vonnie - but it is also spelled Vonney!

I usually try to get it right the first time - but didn't quite make it this time!

mugsy
04-27-2003, 05:25 PM
That's because Mike doesn't know how to spell! hehehe:p I have told him a million times about the spelling of some of their names, but he won't listen to me! hehehe

I have always spelled Vonney that way because that's how it was spelled on his paperwork from the shelter.

iceyshiver21
04-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Welcome back!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I saw the post where you said he was back and was like YAH!!!!!

Stenograsaurus
04-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
That's because Mike doesn't know how to spell! hehehe:p I have told him a million times about the spelling of some of their names, but he won't listen to me! hehehe

That sounds like my husband. One day when my little girl was three she had asked my husband to spell her full name for her. Well, he spelled her middle name wrong. :eek: Her middle name is Leslie(after my dad)-Fay (my mom's middle name). He kept putting an e at the end of Fay.