PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kentucky!!

Desert Arabian
04-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Hello! Ma (ACGAS) and I are in Lexington, Kentucky right now, at a Kinko's store checking up on our e-mails, Pet Talk, etc. We went to Keeneland race track yesterday and it was extremely fun!! Talk about crowded!! Then we drove around Lexington looking at the 900+ acre Thoroughbred farms...jawdroppingly beautiful!! We just got back from the Kentucky Horse Park a while ago, and of course that was fun too. Tomorrow morning we are getting up and heading to Tennessee to the horse ranch.

I can't put pictures up now, but I will as soon as we get back home...we have tons :p . I miss coming on Pet Talk everyday, and I miss my ratties a lot too. :( ;). On the way down to KY, we stopped in Indiana overnight. When we were getting on the on ramp, there was a big turtle sitting there, so I got out of the car and walked him down to the ditch (where there was a large pond), so he/she wouldn't get run over. There was a man and his wife in a van behind us, he smiled when he saw that I was carrying a turtle to safety. :D :D :rolleyes:

So much to do, and so much to see. Got to be going, check-up on Pet Talk later!!

~YellowLabLover

All Creatures Great And Small
04-20-2003, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes: Sad, isn't it - spending 20 cents a minute in a Kinko's to post on Pet Talk? Proves we're addicted, LOL ;) :p ! We wanted to check our e-mails too though, so it wasn't just PT that brought us here. Like YLL said, we're having a lovely time, weather is cloudy but warm, and just NOT being at work is such a treat!
We also saw MANY rare species of traffic cones on the way down here, so that was very educational (and extended our trip by 2 HOURS :mad: ). YLL spotted a Central Kentucky bushy-tailed bandit cone - you don't see THOSE every day! ;) We tried to get pictures but of course we were rushing by them at 65 MPH (no, not in a workzone..........that would be illegal...........)

We'll post a few of our vacation pix when we get back - I miss my kitty, so it was fun to come on here and see his picture in my sig! :D

Karen
04-20-2003, 05:25 PM
I have a little cast iron colt my grandmother got me in Kentucky when I was a little girl. Smart lady, it isn't fragile, so I still have it, unbroken despite many moves! :) Good to hear from you, enjoy the rest of your trip!

tatsxxx11
04-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for checking in!! Sounds like you're having a great time! Hurry back! We miss you and "we'll leave the light on for ya!":)

Cataholic
04-20-2003, 07:21 PM
WOW!! You were just a couple hours south of me and Lillycat..you coulda had dinner with us! Enjoy the rest of your trip.