PDA

View Full Version : Tigger

ewgirl401
04-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Tigger doesnt really need anyone to play with. Some days you might see him ponceing around at nothing in the kitchen or doing summersults in the living room floor. Hes mighty hyper for a cat that just turned 40(cat years)!!!!

Although, him pounceing around at nothing is cute, the other day, I was half sleeping, Tigger pouncing at somthing, I figure its him just doing his little act like he found somthing but it was really nothing. Well thats what I thought. I woke up to find a dead bird in my bed! Tigger brings home trophys alot . I dont know what to do. It makes me sad but then again if hes lost outside he needs food. I do yell at him with a few "BAD!"'s when he brings his 'prizes' into the house. But soon after I cant yell at that cute little face and I pet him! Is that encourageing him to do this again???

AvaJoy
04-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Although what he brings to you may be *yucky* by human standards, you must show your gratitude just the same, since to him this is a gift to you!:cool:

Barbara
04-21-2003, 06:22 AM
He just won't be able to understand that the things he brings to you and to his opinion are good food to show how he cares for you are yucky :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vio&Juni
04-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
He just won't be able to understand that the things he brings to you and to his opinion are good food to show how he cares for you are yucky :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Absolutely! There's nothing you can do, if he's a both outdoor and indoor cat. He'l keep bringing them, because he loves you and this is his way to show it. Cats are predators.

PayItForward
04-21-2003, 10:07 AM
If he wears a collar, try attaching three bells on it. One under his chin and the other two on the side of his neck.

If you just place one bell on the collar, the cat learns how to move, so the bell doesn't ring !!!

But as others had mentioned, these things are gifts and should be received in love (and thrown in the bin asap)

I remember my childhood indoor/outside RB cat Lindy. Sitting on our dustbin, after my mother had thrown 'her presents' away. Her expression said ' Well, if YOU didn't want them, I would have eaten them'

PS. The RSPCA doesn't recommand collars, perfering cats to be microchipped instead but if he has one it should be elasticated to prevent injuries to the cat.