PDA

View Full Version : The Good and The Bad

Pam
08-06-2001, 09:51 AM
I just returned home from taking Bella to have her stitches out. She did fine. :) While I was in the waiting room I was of course enjoying everyone's pets. There was a greyhound and I thought to myself "that looks like Shaianne." There was a bulldog and I thought "Logan would love him." See, you people are on my mind!!! Anyway, I was dreaming about how nice it would be to have a job where you got to be with all of these wonderful animals all day long. In the midst of my daydream the vet came out with a woman who had just watched her cat be put to sleep. It woke me up to the reality of life in the vet's office. I don't think I could handle that part of it at all. :( God bless the people who do and are so comforting at such a hard time.

Rottie
08-06-2001, 10:09 AM
You just said it all Pam. I don't know how those vets do it, but they find a way. :)

aly
08-06-2001, 12:05 PM
Yea little Bella. Bet you're glad those stiches are gone. Hope you're feeling great!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Most of the time the Vet keeps animals happy and healthy, it's that one time that must be so difficult on him or her, I'm sure everytime is like the first time to them. But they have to focus on the good they do and thank goodness we have them.
On a happier note, glad Bella got her stitches out, I'm sure she is ready to take care of those cats.
:D :D :D :D

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Sudilar
08-06-2001, 03:09 PM
That must be the hardest part of the job.

Glad that Bella is all better!!!

Daisy's Mom
08-06-2001, 11:32 PM
When I was little I wanted to be a vet until I realized I'd have to put some animals to sleep, and I couldn't handle that. I am too emotional as it is, and I get attached way too quickly! I really respect the people who are able to do this job and all that it entails.

Bella, I am glad your stitches are out! Back to your happy, beautiful self!

ownerof3dogs
08-07-2001, 12:02 AM
I work at a vets office and sometimes it can be very hard but you sort of learn to hold in your emotions because it doesn't help the owners. I want to be a vet so bad. I just love the job.