PDA

View Full Version : Parting With Kittens

Chibi_Star
04-19-2003, 12:32 PM
We've had our kittens for about 7 weeks and since the day they were born they have lived in my room. Once they were old enough Ozzy and i Took them out of the box and let them play arounnd my room, then later put them back in the box. i guess Ozzy took this as a sign that her Babies were allowed out because the next morning i woke up with a fuzzy little face in mine. i soon realized that no matter how many times i put the kittens back into the box they would find someway to get out. They adored running around my room and when night fell they knew it was time for bed so Ozzy gathered up 5 little kittens and they slept on the edge of my bed in a big huddle, and when mom left to eat, they would gather around me and sleep.

This was probably one of the best experiances i've ever had.

Ozzy has this one timid kitten who is very scared of me and never gets involved in his brother and sisters playing. this upset me greatly to see this kitten like this, so a few days ago I grabbed a piece of string and laid on my bed were 3 of the kittens were playing and Mo (the timid one) was watching. i dragged the string around the playing kittens until they stopped and began going for the string. i then began bringing the string to Mo. At first mo backed away from it, then i guess the string became unresistable because he slowly began batting at it then fully attacked it. Not to be left out the other kittens began diving for it and before i knew the kittens were playing together, i was so happy that the kitten wasn't being left out anymore. and from that moment on the kitten played with his brother and sisters. He also became a lot less shy towards me and began to slowly crawl on me when i slept and even climb up my leg when i was on the comp! hehe thats something all the kittens have done. maybe they made it into a race because at times i would have one kitten on each leg then at the same time they would climb up my legs, and yes i have the scars to prove it.

As much anoying as i believed this to be the most annoying thing, having a kittens latch onto your legs at 6:00 in the morning while trying to walk, then having them climb up your legs when your on the comp (both of which hurt alot!) i know realize how much i'm going to miss it.

Today my Mom called and told me one of the kittens is gone. i couldn't believe it. i love those kittens so much and now they were leaving. I cried. and i'm still crying as i type this. they made me so happy when they were with me. they made life bearable and know their leaving. i can honestly say that those kittens were like my own children to me, because i was with Ozzy the whole time, not only when she gave birth to them but i practally lived in my room when the kittens were there. I was there the first time Ozzy picked up one her kittens. i was there when one of her kittens started to cry and wouldn't stop and Ozzy had to take it out of the box and had spent some one on one time. i was there to see the kittens take their first bite of food and so many more wonderful experiances.

i'm going to stop there because this has became a very large thread but i really wanted to write about my experiance with those kittens and how they most definatly changed my life and how much i love them.

i'm sorry to anyone who looked at this and thought it was a pointless thread.

okay i really need to go know, i can bearly see im crying so hard.

Thanx for listening

Kirsten
04-19-2003, 12:54 PM
I can understand you sooo well! I wouldn't know if I would have have the strength to part with them, 'cause it's like you said, they are like our own babies! It's amazing how quickly we bond to them within only a few weeks, isn't it?

I found it incredibly touching to read about little Mo! :) Obviously he needed some encourangement! You can be sure that you gave him a much better start for his life that way! :)

Kirsten

wolfsoul
04-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Eeep, it's okay! :( They couldn't be around forver, Fifi would hit the roof and your mom isn't too happy with Ozzy, so atleast be thankful you have her :( Maybe you could still convince your mom to keep a kitten? Or Sarah to? If Sara does than she will be able to tell you about it everyday, and then you would be happy to know the kitten is happy. And remember the nice home you were talking about, that spent hundreds of dollars on kitten supplies? Well, imagine your kitten being in an attentive and happy home like that :) Imagine the love you can give to others and it's all worthwhile. It's alright to cry about it, it's expected. I'm sure there are some sort of breeders here who cry every time they have to give up a little one..

kimlovescats
04-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I can't even imagine having to say goodbye to any of the babies of the 2 litters I am currently helping raise! They do bring such joy to your life, there is nothing that compares ... I am convinced!
I'm sorry you are having to give them all up, but please know that you got them off to a wonderfully loving start, one that will go with them for the rest of their precious lives!

Hugs!
Kim;)

jenluckenbach
04-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I am sorry that saying good bye is so difficult. But you can rest assured that they will be loving kittens to their new families because YOU helped them into their first weeks of life. All Moms must say good bye to their babies and you had a wonderful experience that not everyone has had the joy of. Try to keep their memory alive, the pain will lessen with time. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

tikeyas_mom
04-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I know how you feel. When my malamute had pups I loved them to bitz and when I was at my grandmas house My favoret pup was sold, I freaked out because I wanted to see the owners. I cryed for hours. I loved the pups so much.

Also when Myhamster had pups I would get soo attached. This one runt pup was really sick and skinny so I had to hand feed it every half an hour KMR. it was so cute because the lil runt ham was the only girl and she was the last to find a home. When I gave her away I cryed, I was so sad, That is when I desided I was never to breed agian.

Chibi_Star
04-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanx for all the comforting words, my mom told me about some of the homes the kittens are going to and i suppose its for the best. actually a couple of minutes after i finished writting this, my mom called up and told me two more were gone and i started to cry again. i was parting wasn't so painful but i know that i'll always have this experiance with me for the rest of my life and i have no intentions of ever forgetting.

I still wish i was able to keep the kittens, but i'm going to smile and tell myself that this is better for the kittens, and thats all that matters.

My Mom told me that we're going to be keeping Mo for two more weeks. The lady mo is going to is a first time cat owner and from what my grandma tells me, she is VERY excited about having a kitten. She went out and bought a huge kitty climbing thing, not to mention many expensive kitty toys even after my Grandma told her simply dollar store toys would do. i'm glad she's leaving mo for another week to spend with mom, cause he's a big moma's boy ^-^

i hope this gets easier with time ;-;