PDA

View Full Version : even in nz...

carole
04-19-2003, 02:29 AM
well folks today as i went to shut my gate after my husband drove out, i noticed just around the corner a person lying on the footpath, i saw many cars go past look but drive on, i thought blow this i am going to c if this person is ok.
Well it turned out to be a girl, she was ok physically , but emotionally bad, she was crying her heart out, it turned out she had a domestic with her mother, she was actually 22 years old and a solo parent of two boys 4 mths and 2 years old, her mother was giving her a hard time saying she did not keep the house tidy enought etc. i chatted with her for a while until she calmed down and gave her a hug, and she went home with her stepdaughte of 16 who came to see also if she was ok, she lives around the corner from me, and told me to pop in anytime, i think i shall visit her and c if she needs any help, apparently she has friends who help her sometimes but thats it, the father of the children died a year ago.
I can imagine how hard it is for her , and being called a bad mother by her own mother and verbally abused , she said she can never do right by her, i know there are always two sides to a story but i still felt bad for her.
What really got me is no-one bothered to stop and c if this person was ok, and this is new zealand, u cant get sued for helping someone or anything, i was appalled at the lack of caring in my own country.:(

Logan
04-19-2003, 05:58 AM
I'm just glad you were there. I'm sure you were a great comfort to her.

moosmom
04-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Carole,

I'm glad you were there for her. There is nothing worse than having your own mother tell you what a lousy parent you are. If her mother feels that way, she only has herself to blame. Afterall, children learn from their parents, so there!