PDA

View Full Version : WEB PAGE help!!

tikeyas_mom
04-18-2003, 10:26 PM
how do I make a web page for free? any ideas. I really suck at computers. lol . I want to make a website with a message board and crud. :D. The page will be called www.HammieHome.com. I have no idea how I am gunna make it lol. and sites that help you out step by step that ne of you know of? thanks a bunch !!

Karen
04-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Have you bought the domain name yet? That's the first step if you want a ".com" name. Type "free web hosting" into a search engine, I'm sure you'll find plenty of places, but it will cost a small amount of money to at least buy the domian name.

You should learn some html, do some research. Running a message board is probably not going to be allowed on a "free web hosting" server.

Kfamr
04-19-2003, 12:34 AM
First you have to learn ALOT about HTML. Trust me, it's hard at frist. I'm sitll trying at it. You have to purchase the website. Other than purchasing www.geocities.com is an easy thing to work with. except you won't get the name you want.

primabella
04-19-2003, 09:59 AM
My advice if you want to get your own website is to register with geocities. Some people may not like them but they're going okay with me. It's free and easy. You can decide your own fonts and colors and designs without studying HTML. I never did. If you want your own domain name, then you'll have to take Karen's advice. Good luck :)

iceyshiver21
04-19-2003, 10:14 AM
I have mine with geocities and I get my message boards from bravenet

primabella
04-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, message boards! Okay, you can get some free ones from Bravenet, Alxnet, EZBoard...do some research and pick which format you like best. :)

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 10:47 AM
brinkster.com is pretty good for a free thing too.

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 10:48 AM
If you want a domain, like yourname.com I sugest mysundown.net they have VERY good prices for domains. I haven't see prices to compete yet ;] Thats where my domain (unavoidable.net) is registered

tikeyas_mom
04-19-2003, 11:30 AM
thanks alot for the gtreat advise guys :D.

RockyRoad
04-19-2003, 01:13 PM
My parents are buying GeocitiesPro for me for my birthday next month. That allows you to get a .com name, and a bunch of cool features. It costs money though.

I have a message board that was supposed to be for me and my friends to talk but my friends were all snobs and didn't join lol. I think it was proboards.com that hosted it (for free). :)

primabella
04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
I had this old website and put a message board on it. I was on by myself...it was a waste of space. So, unless your sure you'll get some members, don't do like me and waste a bunch of time choosing colors and fonts and so on.

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

My parents are buying GeocitiesPro for me for my birthday next month. That allows you to get a .com name, and a bunch of cool features. It costs money though.

I have a message board that was supposed to be for me and my friends to talk but my friends were all snobs and didn't join lol. I think it was proboards.com that hosted it (for free). :)

how much are you paying for it? You might consider checking out mysundown.net before. He offers a lot of good features and very good prices (like 25 bucks for a yr with like 200mg of space etc) only diff is you need to know ftp (i could help you there if you needed..)

Karen
04-19-2003, 06:11 PM
http://tucows.com will register domain names for $15 a year ...

RockyRoad
04-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
how much are you paying for it? You might consider checking out mysundown.net before. He offers a lot of good features and very good prices (like 25 bucks for a yr with like 200mg of space etc) only diff is you need to know ftp (i could help you there if you needed..)

Wow!
GeocitiesPro is $8.95 a month, plus the one-time $15 start-up fee.
That [mysundown.net] sounds like a much better deal! I'll have to check it out more.
Thanks for the info!:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-19-2003, 07:23 PM
I can't do anything on computers. Sorry.

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

Wow!
GeocitiesPro is $8.95 a month, plus the one-time $15 start-up fee.
That [mysundown.net] sounds like a much better deal! I'll have to check it out more.
Thanks for the info!:D

Np :] The owner is really nice also. Hes the one that held that contest I won for my domain :D:D:D Gotta start paying after xmas tho lol really nice of him though