PDA

View Full Version : Easter....:(

iceyshiver21
04-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Easter is going to be really crappy for me this year....
1. My grandpa went into the hospital today
2. My cuz and uncle arnt comming up from Iowa like they where soppose to....they never come.
3. My friends are leaving for the weekend.
4. (well this is good but i would rather had my cuz and uncle come up) My other Uncle Scott and his two sons are comming over....I dont feel like having company, I should be happy but Im not.....I just dont wanna have them over right now I know that sounds selfish and rude, but its the truth and I'm not gonna lie.
5. Its raining, cloudy and cold.
6. I have to take care of two horses and two cats.....I love them dearly but I cant handle any more pets right now....

Sorry this is kinda a complaining thread but Im kinda sad right now. Well what is everyone else doing this weekend??

Karen
04-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey, stop feeling sorry for yourself! You are healthy and whole, and you have family coming to visit, and animals to love! Already that's several reasons to smile.

Grey rainy days mean less worries about drought. That's another.

I got the news yesterday that my uncle died. This will be a solemn Easter for his wife of 40+ years, his children and grandchildren.

You aunt and uncle who aren't coming? Write them a nice letter saying how much you wish they were, and maybe they will come next time.

Make a nice card or buy a nice plant to bring to your grandfather at the hospital, then visit! Nothing is more welcome in a hospital than a friendly, familiar face.

Give each of those horses an apple for me, stroke those velvety muzzles and be glad you get to care for them - lotsa people would LOVE to be able to have a horse, and cannot.

Don't decide ahead of time something will be "crappy," - that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'll end my lecture now.

I will be meeting a friend I haven't seen in 16+ years tomorrow (and her two dogs), will be baking cookies, and getting ready to celebrate Easter.

iceyshiver21
04-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Hey, stop feeling sorry for yourself! You are healthy and whole, and you have family coming to visit, and animals to love! Already that's several reasons to smile.

I know I shouldnt feel sorry for myself, but I feel horrible.....I love my grandpa very much...and its not quite sinking in right now that hes in the hospital and I would rather be with him then my uncle. :( Im such a snotty brat somtimes....the worst part is that I know it. I love takeing care of the animals, but I just dont wanna this weekend.... I hate to say Im not the most healthy right now either...I cant walk very good my ankle is swollen, my wrists are sore and my head is spinnig. I gotta go to bed AGhh! I guess its just a bad day.

Soledad
04-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Have a good rant, have a cry or just do what you gotta do to get all that icky stuff out of your system. Then think of something that makes you smile and try to think of reasons to be happy. It might help put things into perspective. :)

Hey, it's Easter, a time for hope!!

KYS
04-19-2003, 10:01 AM
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope
he will be ok.

To lift up your spirits, try to think of "positive" thoughts/do something that will make you smile.
(usually works for me.)

hugs Karen

primabella
04-19-2003, 10:02 AM
[[Hugs]]

Don't think about the bad stuff. I get down like this SO many times. I'll just be in this awful mood and hate everything. Maybe to get out of this mood you can do what I do: write a poem. They usually don't make much sense and don't really go anywhere but usually when I'm not even half-way done I feel better. Cheer up! It's Easter! :D

iceyshiver21
04-19-2003, 10:11 AM
I did write a poem...it kinda cool. Plus I have some better news-My grandpa dont have cancer.

primabella
04-19-2003, 10:35 AM
That's great!! :D

lovemyshiba
04-19-2003, 12:01 PM
{{{hugs}}}
I'm glad to hear your grandfather doesn't have cancer, that's some good news!!
I have days like that too--I just let it all out, and then try to think of something positive.
I had a particularly crappy day yesterday, but eventually it all went away, I curled up with the dogs and went to bed early.

I hope you cheer up soon:)