PDA

View Full Version : A little worried..

Aspen and Misty
04-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Brook and Tundra have always been my smallest rats. Well, it took Tundra about 4 months but she became the biggest. But in the past 3 days or so Brook has become extremly fat. I'm a little worried. I don't know why she has become this fat. I felt her stomach for small lumps or something that felt supspiouse but he stomach feels the same as Tundra's and Hope's.

Do you know why her tummy would get to ge this big?

Ash :confused:

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 12:27 PM
could she be pregnant?

primabella
04-18-2003, 01:08 PM
I was thinking that too, but...I really don't know Ash.

Aspen and Misty
04-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
could she be pregnant?

Not unless a sewer rat climb in my window, opened the cage door and jumped in there with them ;) :p

No, all 4 of my rats are girls. So as far as I know she could not be pregent.

Ash :D

primabella
04-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Maybe there's someone you don't know about ;)

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Does she eat ALOT!

Aspen and Misty
04-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Maybe there's someone you don't know about ;)

The funny thing is Wednesday I noticed she was gaiing some weight but wasn't to worried. Thursday was a busy day and I didn't have time to hold them :(

Then last night me and my friend were talking about my rats going into heat. And I told them they can pretty much have babies anyday of the week, although I think they come in ehat every 5? Well she said wouldn't it be funny if a sewer rat climb in your window and got all of your rats pregnet! I was like no :eek: . LOL.

No Tweety Pie she eats only as much as everyone else.

Ash

luckies4me
04-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Does she look bloated? There is late onset megacolon that could happen, although rare. She could have an obstruction or maybe a thyroid disorder. It could be a lot of things. It could also be she's just prone to being obese or maybe diabetic. I would take her to the vet to make sure.

But lets hope she's just a little pudgy. ;)

Aspen and Misty
04-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Does she look bloated? There is late onset megacolon that could happen, although rare. She could have an obstruction or maybe a thyroid disorder. It could be a lot of things. It could also be she's just prone to being obese or maybe diabetic. I would take her to the vet to make sure.

But lets hope she's just a little pudgy. ;)

LOL. I'm not really sure. I need to go check on her. I havn't seen her since last night. Well, I looked at ehr and she doesn't looked bloated. She just looks fat. All over. I mean she looks like a very fat rat. :rolleyes: I'm going to put her on the Atkins diet and see if she looses any wieght ;) :p . I dunno, maybe she had to many Yogies. :D

Ash

luckies4me
04-19-2003, 11:22 AM
I am sure she is just fat lol. Yogies do make ratties fat, believe me! How many yogies do they get? They are only supposed to get one each a day, or they will get fat. Plus they contain a lot of sugar as well. :p

I love squishy rats though. Meeko and Bandit and both very squishy boys and I absolutely adore them. :D

Aspen and Misty
04-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Well I used to let them pick out there own Yogies, untill I found out tundra could put like 6 in her mouth at the same time :eek: :eek: . Brook would always take one and politly walk away while the others took theres and then come back for her second one and thats it. They were only aloud with two, but I think no more yogies is a good idea ;) just can't help it, I mean there faces are to cute to resist!!!

Ash

aly
04-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Good luck on the D-I-E-T :)

iwuvsmypuppy
04-20-2003, 08:21 AM
whatever it is i hope that it's nothing serious:(

Aspen and Misty
04-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by aly
Good luck on the D-I-E-T :)

:D Well, I'm a bad mommie ;) I gave them yogies today since it was easter. Brook has been acting normal, so I'm not to worried today. Hopefully she will be fine but I've been watching her closly since I've noticed and shes been fine.

Ash

CathyBogart
04-21-2003, 01:55 AM
One a day? Umm.......oops.....No wonder Zylle has been so....rotund lately. *embarassed* Well, thanks for the tip Luckies!

gkristian
04-21-2003, 05:58 AM
I hope she get better and looses some weight soon