PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!! Tweety might be sick!

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 11:01 AM
hi....I'm not to sure right now,but i'm a little worried about Tweety (my budgie) . This morning when I went to go change her water there was diarrhea all over the bottom of her cage:confused: She is now housed with Dexter, and has been house with him for 3 nights. I'm not sure if Dexter brought in an illness:confused: :(
I put Dexter back in the extra cage just in case.

Does anyone know any useful tips? Has this every happened to your bird? Should I take Tweety to the vet?

Thank you

Tweety_Pie

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 01:01 PM
How many of these droppings has she done? Alot I didn't count..
What is the color of the wet droppings? green, white, and brown
Did you give her a shower? no
Did she eat veggies? If so, which kind? no veggies
Has she eaten or been fed anything new? Same food as before
Has she gone through any changes? Only one i can think of is Dexter in her cage.....
Has she been stressed? i'm not sure...

lute
04-18-2003, 01:04 PM
oh no! i hope it is just an upset belly.....try not to feed her as many fruits and veggies for the next few day......also there is an 8 in 1 Marvel Aid supliment that you can buy at the petstore. it's only about 6$. if that.....it helps all the thing that you are talking about......she should be just fine....just make sure she is kept extra warm till she is better.....hope this helps......

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 01:07 PM
If her dropplings are still runny by tomorrow I am going to call the vet.

Tweety_Pie
04-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Yep they are from Tweety. I had her out and she poohed on the carpet:eek: and it was runny. She's acting pretty normal...she's eating and drink to. Maybe she just has an upset tummy. I am going to call my uncle because he is good with birds and he knows ALOT about them......he has a congo african gray parrot named Patty:D

Jessica12345
04-19-2003, 09:03 AM
how is she doing?

Tweety_Pie
04-19-2003, 01:07 PM
I think she is getting better now but her droppings are just a tad runny. If they arn't better by tomorrow (which I think they will be back to normal) I will call my aunt because she is a vet.

Tweety_Pie
04-20-2003, 08:45 PM
I just thought I would tell you all my bad easter news:( ..........Tweety might have a disease called Psittacosis. I found out today from my aunt today(she is a vet). My uncle knows alot about birds and he told me she was showing symptoms of the disease.....

the syptoms Tweety is showing are:

-Diarrhea
-crusty cere with runny snot like stuff
-respritory(sp?) problems

I am taking Tweety to the vet ASAP because I want her to be ok. I seperated her and Dexter just to be on the safe side.

I am so worried.:(:(

CathyBogart
04-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Poor Tweety!! I'm glad you were able to get in touch with someone knowledgeable, and even better that she gets to gosee the vet! Here's hoping she's all better soon. You're in my thoughts, let us know how it goes!!

Jessica12345
04-21-2003, 08:13 AM
omg! im sooo sorry! what bad news. poor little tweety. :( I hope she will be alright. meanwhile, please be sure to keep dexter safe!! and of course keep us updated. **hugs**

:( :( :(