PDA

View Full Version : i have a quick question.......

SnowballPuppieDog
04-18-2003, 10:18 AM
hey everyone.....

hello i just a quick question.........well lately my dog has been chewing on her self and then on that spot she has been loosing a little hair. oh and we do give her frontline to keep the fleas and stuff off of her but i am not sure why she is doing this.... she is not crying in pain or anything but when i see her doing that i look to see it something is there.....:confused: does anyone know why she might be doing this???:( i am very worried about her......

NYCbabi 13002
04-18-2003, 10:28 AM
did you check to see if there was a bug or dead or irritated skin? If you can't ID anything you should take her to the vets. Take this info from a vet (ME!!)
GOOD LUCK

Dogz
04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I have heard of a lot of problems like this, and usually it is allergies. My friend's neice has a Bichon, and does that a lot. Actually, the mother owns a day care center, and she chews and licks her leg, (she does loose fur) and the people with children don't want their children around her, so they have to get rid of her.:(
It might be an allergy, but I would try bringing your dog to the vet.
Hope this helps!:)

SnowballPuppieDog
04-18-2003, 10:30 AM
hello,
i did check and their was nothing there we weven took her to get her heir cut an dto be given a bath but i still see her doing that....:confused:

Dogz
04-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Make sure to bring her to the vet, because I think that it may be an allergy.:D

Cataholic
04-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Allergy or hot spots....take her to the vet.

sammi
04-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by NYCbabi 13002
did you check to see if there was a bug or dead or irritated skin? If you can't ID anything you should take her to the vets. Take this info from a vet (ME!!)
GOOD LUCK

Are you telling us that you are a licensed veterinarian ?

Karen
04-18-2003, 01:33 PM
It does sound like an allergic reaction to something, take her to the vet, then perhaps feeding her differently might be in order. Sounds itchy, poor girl, so I'm sure she'd like some relief!