PDA

View Full Version : Animals at the Baghdad Zoo

Powerlounger
04-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Has there been anything set up yet to feed the animals at the Baghdad Zoo? There was a short clip on the news last night saying they were starving to death. Where do I go to donate money to help????

iceyshiver21
04-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Here go here-
Animals @ Baghdad (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24717)

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-18-2003, 09:40 AM
How Can You Help?

The North Carolina Zoological Society has set up a fund for these animals. Concerned parties can mail donations to:

Aid to Baghdad Zoo
c/o North Carolina Zoological Society
4403 Zoo Parkway
Asheboro, NC 27205

For more information, you can visit their Web site at www.nczoo.com

Updates on the situation will be available at www.AZA.org www.nczoo.org and www.nczoo.com as information is obtained.

Powerlounger
04-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Thanks so much. I don't feel so helpless now. I just hope they get the funds to where they need to go FAST.

RICHARD
04-22-2003, 05:31 PM
did anyone see the report from the Baghdad zoo last night?

they have a beautiful tiger there.........that made me get my checkbook out....:)

come on PT people- send a few bucks out !!!!

iceyshiver21
04-22-2003, 09:59 PM
If I had even a dollar I would but I dont get paid for a while yet..:(

Logan
04-24-2003, 05:26 AM
ASPCA REQUESTS YOUR SUPPORT FOR ANIMALS IN IRAQ
We have received countless queries regarding the plight of animals in Iraq and the Middle East region, many prompted by the heartbreaking televised images of starving animals at the Baghdad Zoo. The ASPCA is urging the public to support efforts of the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). The UK-based group and its member societies, including the Society for the Protection of Animals Abroad (SPANA), are coordinating emergency relief in Iraq--food, first aid, medicine and veterinary care--as well as long-term support in Jordan and Syria. Donations can be sent to WSPA USA, 34 Deloss St., Framingham, MA 01702; checks should be made out to WSPA and earmarked to the Iraq and Middle East Fund. For more on WSPA's work in Iraq, or to make a donation online, please visit WSPA's website.