PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Rescue Story!

wolfsoul
04-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I was searching around and found this nice rescue story!

http://www.atlhumane.org/aa%20info/ssimage/Callie.jpg
Callie
When we adopted Callie, she was a little skittish around people she wasn't familiar with, yet you could see her loving side striving to come out. She truly enjoyed playing with other dogs, and constantly wanted to sit IN our laps. However, she was terrified whenever I used a hair-dryer or if my husband or I made a sudden movement. It was obvious someone had mistreated her. But with a little love and a gentle hand, Callie has gotten over her fears and lives a very normal, if not extremely pampered life.

The first day we brought her home, she was introduced to our two cats. She was terrified of them! She ran and hid from the cats for the first week she was with us. Now, they play and sleep together like the best of friends.

Callie's plays ball every day, unless it's raining too hard to play. She's quite good at playing fetch, and also enjoys playing frisbee. But her absolute favorite thing to do is play "mountain dog" when we go camping. She likes nothing better than a long day of hiking through the woods, playing in the creeks and streams, then curling up next to the camp fire with a bone to gnaw on. She also enjoys swimming in the pool whenever we go to visit "grandma and grandpa" in Florida. She will throw her own toys into the pool just to have an excuse to get in.

This past January, Callie saw her first snow. (See attached picture.) At first, she didn't know what to do with it. But she was determined to play fetch that day, and discovered that the snow was lots of fun because she would have to dig through it to find the ball. After playing in the snow, she ran inside and curled up under a blanket on the sofa to get warm again

Callie has become not only a loving pet, but truly a memeber of our family. She brings joy into our lives every day, and is extremely affectionate and loyal. I am grateful that we found Callie that day in January 2000. She was a perfect match for our family.

Thank you, AHS, for all you do to help pets like Callie find a new start on life.

Sincerely,
Kim Reynolds

sammi
04-17-2003, 10:01 PM
What a nice story! And what a cute doggie!:) :)

delidog
04-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Great Story.....So nice to see Another Spottie rescue!!!!!!!!;) :) :D
Thank You for giving Dear Callie a chance!!!!!!

Sudilar
04-17-2003, 10:50 PM
I love successful rescue stories! Thanks for sharing.

Dakota's Mommy
04-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Yes, great story and BEAUTIFUL SPOTTY!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

captain
04-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Sweetheart in the snow!!!

What a great rescue story - featuring a beloved Spotty!

Thanks for sharing

Johny
05-28-2003, 06:35 PM
I have a bitch too,she is an mixed dog and she is 10 months old,somebody abandoned her to our garden.
I am don,t regret,that i have been taken her,After we taken her,she had first season,i have avoided to reproduce.

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 09:14 AM
:) :) :)

lovemyshiba
05-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Great story!!
What a cutie!!!