PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Moment

K & L
04-17-2003, 03:14 PM
What's the funniest moment you can remember with your cat?

Mine is: Parker, our wild man, couldn't wait to snoop in the plastic grocery shopping bag. He happened to get into an empty one and the handles got caught around his neck. As he started to move the bag made a noise and scared him. He proceeded into a full gallop and the faster he ran, the bigger the bag got (looked like a parachute)! Parker was running over everything, jumping on tables, chairs, you name it. The bigger the bag got the faster he ran. I was trying like crazy to catch him so I could get the bag off, all the while laughing so hard I could hardly see. He finally got it caught on something (can't remember) and it ripped off. He hid all afternoon in the closet. Couldn't help but laugh at him, even though he was terrified.

bluekat
04-17-2003, 05:04 PM
LOL, that's funny:D

This is probably not the funniest moment, but one day we had this piece of tape on the floor. Since Blueberry loves to investigate new things, he came right up and started sniffin. Then, he started to TRY to touch the tape. He knows that its sticky, but he still wants to touch. So he does touch it, he puts his paw on it lighly and really quickly, its like the tape shocked him, nad he jumps back. He did this over and over again fr the next few minutes. Touching the tape and jumping away just when he felt it. It was so funny watching him. Once, the tape got stuck and he kept on shaking his paw until it came off.
Ha ha, there are a lot of funny moments, but I can't really remember the others.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-17-2003, 05:20 PM
HAA!!! K&L...

I would have to say my funnies moment went exactly like yours...

The fish store Eric gets his fish and stuff from has yellow plastic bags... and Jupiter got stuck in the handles too and he is such a scardy cat.... and he must have thought he was trapped... so he took off running... and it scared me sooo bad.. cause we could not catch him.. he was runnin behind the couch and litterly on the walls trying to get away!.... Poor baby it took a long time before I could laugh about it.. I felt so bad for him.. but for a long time after that we called him ROCKET..:eek: Because he looked like a BIG FLAME... him being a red cat and a yellow bag... looked like a flame shooting around the house..

Prairie Purrs
04-17-2003, 05:40 PM
The base of my cat tree is a hollow box with a hole in the top and another hole in the front for cats to get in and out. One day Kiri was hiding inside the box when Kacey jumped in from the top. Just as he disappeared inside, Kiri shot out the front. It looked for all the world like a magic box trick--put a gray and white cat in and it comes out a brown tabby! :D

Denyce
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Ok this is from my first cat Smokey who passed over the Rainbow Bridge back in 1995. Almost everytime I went to clean out the litter box she would climb into it before I was even fully finished! This night I was feeling bratty and when she started to take a poop I very carefully put the scoop under her butt so the poop fell directly on it. I then pulled it away before she turned around....so there she was....looking all over the litter box for this poop! She couldn't find it and she looked soooo confused thinking she knew just knew she went but where was it! I then showed her the scoop...she sniffed it and walked away giving me the biggest tail flip and big sigh...I still chuckle when I think of it. :cool:

Denyce

slick
04-17-2003, 07:04 PM
These hilarious stories gave me a belly laugh!!!:D :D Great way to end off a busy work week.

Happy Easter everyone. Save some turkey for the furbabies.

TheAntiPam
04-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the fun stories! It made a great end to a tough day on the computer!

rosethecopycat
04-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Just recently Snowy was washing himself in the 'drum-stick' position. (for easy butt access) Snowy's leg straight up in the air and Mr. Jones comes up to him and starts washing Snowy's out stretched 'drum-stick' for him.

My funniest moments with Snowy are when he gets spooked and bolts straight up as if he landed on a hot plate.
And how he uses the sandy box. It' very unique. I'm going to make you guys ask for a photo of that. I've got one, but don't want to post anything that someone may think is rude or disgusting (you don't see anything coming out)

So, you wanna see it?

:p :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-17-2003, 10:36 PM
yES....let's see it!:o

Vio&Juni
04-18-2003, 04:54 AM
One of the funniest moments with Juni was last summer.
We had some very hot corn cobs. We were very anxious to eat them, so we put the plate on the window sill in the breeze. Juni noticed them and she stood on her little but in the middle of the room, trying to figure out what that was! The faces she made and how she moved her ity bitty paws, that was something. Then, she decided to come closer and figure out finally what was the yellow thing there. She tried from the top of tv, from the radiator (under the window sill), from the floor near the window. Finally, she came closer, batting at the corn, all fluffy like a sqirrel. When she realized what it was, she came to us to ask for some. She likes corn.
I was so sorry we couldn't catch that on video, it was very funny.

Denyce, I've done that too :D with Vasea (Juni's poppa). How weird we can get? There's no limit! :rolleyes:

rosethecopycat
04-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
yES....let's see it!:o

Wow, it took me a while to find it. (2000 pictures)

I swear there's a better one. :(

But anyway, Snowy's funnuiest moment is on the 'throne'! He always uses this THREE LEGS UP-ONE LEG DOWN technique.:p

K & L
04-21-2003, 08:39 AM
That is too funny!

Barbara
04-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Rose, Filou is using Snowy's technique too. He makes sure he pees absolutely in the corner of the litterbox, then he scratches far away from that corner, even outside the litterbox :D It's very funny.

ewgirl401
04-21-2003, 09:55 AM
I remember one time, Tigger, for some reason, decides to climb up the fireplace when no ones looking. Soon after he does that.. He gets stuck. I had to climb up the fireplace and fetch him out. When we came out we were both completly covered with black. I had to hold him in the shower with me (didnt know if i wanted him to lick that stuff off)

ewgirl401
04-21-2003, 10:01 AM
O yeah, and i told everyone about my old cat Sandy that died. Well, one day, I was cleaning out Jim (my turtle) aquarium and I had put Jim in a little box. Sandy gets really curious of the turtle, so she decides to stick her paw in there. (ouch, bad decision) Jim bites Sandys paw and will not let go. Meanwhile, I am still just cleaning the glass (it was a stupid idea to let Sandy even into the room) i turn around to find Sandy, turnin around in circles, waving her paw in the air with a turtle on it! Its so funny to look back on but at the time that was scary.... Sandys paw wasnt hurt at all and Jim didnt go flying anywhere. They both had just really met for the first time. LoL

BastetsMum
04-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Bastet verses the Window

I was living in this house that had heaps of screen doors. (Glass windows that you slide open to get onto the veranda). Usually they are very dirty because people put their hands all over them - paw prints from cats, spiders webs, you name it.

So in my infinate wisdom (or stupidity) I decided to give the screen doors a great clean. Took me all day to do it. I scrubbed and polished (Bastet mind you was keeping an eye on the proceedings - you always need a good manager :D) until the windows came up like new.

The next day I was looking at my lovely clean windows when I heard *thunka thunka thunka * behind me. I watched Bastet running towards me at a rapid rate. I looked at her, I looked at what she was looking at through the window - this gorgous butterfly. Before I could catch her or stop her she lept at the butterfly through the nice clean window and ended up banging her head against the window!

I was laughing my head off - tears streaming down my eyes as poor little Bastet so scared scampered off to hide under the bed. She was like this furry pink ball. Every bit of hair stood on end. She came out a couple of hours later still furry and went tolook at the window. She had to do the inspect :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Oh Silly Bastet! You poor thing, you must have gotten a big fright when you bashed into the window!

RICHARD
04-22-2003, 04:39 PM
i was online when Edward decides to relieve himself....the box is about 6 feet away from the comp table....upon the completion of the purging of his bowels he begins his scratching and leaves the area... 2 seconds later the fragrant scent of kitty dung rises up to meet my nostrils

my first thought was of a bio attack in my own home!

i then realize that the cat was the culprit-MY OWN CAT IS
trying to kill me..holy cat poop.......the stink was unbearable.....
as i scrambled to finish my online conversation edward returned to his box and began to frantically scratch and scratch-the stench was so bad it offended him!!!!!

as the burning in my eyes and nose went away i scooped the offending load from the box and proceeded to rid the house of the cat's scat.....as i came back with the Arm and Hammer
deodorizer i spied eddie still frantically scratching his litter box....

he usually does his business and splits........but this night something foul was afoot and his return to the scene of the crime
was enough to make me laugh every time i think about it!

i suspect he now knows what he puts his dad thru!