PDA

View Full Version : Update on Icarus

wolfsoul
04-16-2003, 10:21 PM
His toe has some how attached itself back to where it was, with a scab I guess, but it grew in crookedly, so it bends strangly? :confused: I figure it will turn black from loss of circulation and fall off...

It looks sort of bad...it is swollen to twice it's normal size and I can't really tell if it's red because of the dried blood on it. The vet wanted me to pay fifty dollars for an appointment, and that doesn't even include the meds! :( My mother won't lend me any money :(

I went to the drug store and got some Epson (sp?) salts. I soaked his foot a little, but not very much as he wouldn't hold still :( The hydrogen peroxide makes it bleed, and I'm not going to use rubbing alcohol because it's poisonous..

I feel so bad because this was all my fault in the first place, and I can't even afford to get him a doctor :( I really wish I had a job...I wish life was a little more fair...:mad:

I don't want Icarus's toe to get infected, or or him to get blood poisoning or anything. I cleaned his cage again, and I'm keeping my eye on him. I think if it gets serious, my mother will give me some money, but I don't want to wait until it's too late :(

What should I do? Does anyone think it will get better? I want my baby to get better :( I'm crying now, I feel so bad...