PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep them from doing it?........

luckies4me
04-16-2003, 07:48 PM
My cats always climb onto my window seal. How do I discourage them from sitting in the windows? They have broke both the blinds in my bedroom and Dylans room badly enough that they need to be replaced.

Do you allow your cats in the windowseal? We rent our apartment so it's not good to have broken blinds all the time. I don't mind replacing them, but I'd rather not. I have some sticky sheets that you place where the cats scratch, do you think this would work for the windowseal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

lizbud
04-16-2003, 08:12 PM
All my cats love to look out the windows. Some windows have
vertical blinds, so there's no problem. Other windows with
horizontal blinds I just raise them up high enough for them to
sit comfortably. They love it. If the windowsill is not big enough,
they sell little portable shelfs to attach to the sill.

luckies4me
04-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
All my cats love to look out the windows. Some windows have
vertical blinds, so there's no problem. Other windows with
horizontal blinds I just raise them up high enough for them to
sit comfortably. They love it. If the windowsill is not big enough,
they sell little portable shelfs to attach to the sill.

Great I will just replace them and then make sure to keep them up a little for the kitty cats to enjoy the sun. :)

Uabassoon
04-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Both of my cats LOVE sitting on the windowsill. They look outside for hours and sometimes they sleep on the sill and enjoy the sun. We even set up the cat tree next to a window so they can always look out. I also just leave the blinds raised a little so they don't destroy them.

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2003, 12:13 AM
My cats also love to sit in my windows. I have two cat nappers that I have attached to my window in my bedroom. They just love them. This way they aren't actually sitting on the window sill but lying on top of it. Here's a pic of my cats on the cat nappers.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p25263d2e9b0b96eb6197640649f76852/fd6b89e6.jpg

jenluckenbach
04-17-2003, 05:54 AM
Cats and window sills just automatically go together, so I have no idea how to keep them off.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-17-2003, 09:44 AM
I was going to suggest what KAK has. Leave the blinds open a bit so the kitties can see out, and give them an expanded place to sit so they don't have to scrunch up against the window/blinds and you won't have to replace them....quite so often anyway. ;) :)

luckies4me
04-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Great! Thanks everyone for the tips, I will look into getting one of those sitting areas. :)