PDA

View Full Version : do you agree with this?

iwuvsmypuppy
04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
i was talking to my math teacherthe other day about my ducks and i told her she should get her daughter a duck for Easter.. but she sed this was like one of her morals.. she thinks that most people get them love them for a week and then they starve.. and she relates that to bunnies and ducks and chicks at easter time.. that and some ppl rip you off with a sick animal.... what do you think?
:confused:

Desert Arabian
04-16-2003, 05:07 PM
YES, it is true. That is the only reason why I hate Easter, otherwise I like it.

Every year the pet store runs out of rabbits, and I go on the Milwaukee Humane Society website and 50 rabbits are up for adoption, ummmmm...I wonder why? I guess Junior got bored. :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's not even Easter yet, and look how many bunnies are up for adoption, I know for a fact it will TRIPLE come next week.
CLICK HERE (http://www.wihumane.org/adopt/smallanimals.html)

CathyBogart
04-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE. 150%

I work in a pet store, and I see this a lot. It's so heartbreakingly sad.

Fuzzy317
04-16-2003, 07:20 PM
I agree that people should give serious thought before they get a pet. For Easter: its bunnies and ducks; for the release of Scooby Doo: it was great danes; for the release of 101 Dalmations: it was dalmations, and on and on.

People should understand bringing a pet into their home, is bringing a L I F E into their home. I like seeing animals in movies and TV shows, but I am heartbroken by how they are treated afterwards. :(

RubyMutt
04-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I agree that people should give serious thought before they get a pet. For Easter: its bunnies and ducks; for the release of Scooby Doo: it was great danes; for the release of 101 Dalmations: it was dalmations, and on and on.

Exactly!! You should get a pet when it's the right time for you and you know you'll be able to care for it! Not just because it's the trendy thing to do at the time...

tikeyas_mom
04-16-2003, 08:18 PM
I agree with your teacher, most ppl only get a bunny, rabbit, duck, or chick for easter then they love it for a week then get bored or find it way to hard to care for, it is sad really.

Cisco's Mom
04-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Yep! I agree with everyone. It is true. Anything an animal is associated with usually turns out to be bad for that animal. For example, the taco bell chihuahua created a boom for chihuahua's, same for 101 dalmations, bunnies at easter and the list goes on. This very rarely if ever does the animal/breed a bit of good.

wolf_Q
04-16-2003, 10:26 PM
I agree too.......it's so sad that people get animals without realizing what a responsibility they are!

People keep calling Petco and asking if we sell ducks, chicks, or bunnies. We don't sell ducks or chicks period, but for the past month or so we have had NO RABBITS....on purpose...we don't sell them during Easter! I was so glad to hear that! :D

RubyMutt
04-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
We don't sell ducks or chicks period, but for the past month or so we have had NO RABBITS....on purpose...we don't sell them during Easter! I was so glad to hear that! :D

That's great that PetCo does that! I wish more stores would...

carole
04-17-2003, 04:59 AM
Gosh i never even gave this a thought until i read this thread, how awful, after spending today on a site visiting the shelters in usa and one in particular that someone posted on here, i was brought to tears, reading the very sad cases of all these beautiful little kittens that they had looked after and had died, it really got to me,this is cruel and harsh world we live in.:mad: :(

tikeyas_mom
04-17-2003, 02:34 PM
I am glad petco does that as well. good for them I am glad to see a responsible pet store now adays.

Jessica12345
04-18-2003, 08:23 AM
YES. that is so true!:(

I have had three bunnies in my life, and everyone I had we got from the shelter AFTER easter, because we knew how many needed good home after the holidays.

Dogz
04-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317 I agree that people should give serious thought before they get a pet. For Easter: its bunnies and ducks; for the release of Scooby Doo: it was great danes; for the release of 101 Dalmations: it was dalmations, and on and on.

I totally agree!

iwuvsmypuppy
04-19-2003, 04:02 PM
I didnt realize it was that bad of a situation( mrs. shelton if ur reading this rite now... GIVE ME AN A IN MATH!!! heehee;)) it was really amazing to find that much out thanx you guys!!