PDA

View Full Version : Britain warmer than Greece!!

ChrisH
04-16-2003, 09:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2952181.stm

It is so nice to see the sun, and it`s not TOO warm either, just right, I love it!:) :) :)
(well, except for the smog stuff, that does affect me ....but its still great to have the sunlight!! :) )

Christine

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Sounds like our weather...it was in the 80's Monday and Tuesday. Now it is back the other way and will be cool all through the weekend! (and I have houseguests from Los Angeles!)

boscibo
04-16-2003, 01:03 PM
When I was in London Mar 22-24, the weather was gorgeous. I expected rain, but the sun was out, it was warm, and all the daffodils everywhere were blooming, and lots of flowerboxes were planted up. In Ireland we had really good weather too, most of the Irish people were commenting on how lucky we were to have such good weather.

Then when my plane landed back here in Mpls., it was sleeting and snowing. Yuck. Last Sunday was beautiful here, over 80 F and I did a bunch of work in the garden, and now today it is raining and it might even snow tomorrow!

ChrisH
04-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, boscibo, you are right, except for a few odd days when the weather seemed to be going backwards, LOL, we have had a spell of lovely weather in the UK over the last few weeks or so, yesterday and today being the warmest. But, like what is happening for you ES, it is set to go cool down for the weekend, and some rain forcasts too.
For now though I am just enjoying. I don`t like hot weather or basking in the sun, but I do love springlike weather and most of all sunlight no matter what the season.

christine

popcornbird
04-16-2003, 01:22 PM
That's nice. :) I have been to England numerous times, but I have only seen the sun there once, for one day in one of the summer trips. I don't know, maybe its just me, but that weather makes me depressed. :( Glad to hear you are having some nice weather there! We have dark clouds and rain here! :eek: But it doesn't matter, since 80-90% of the time we have sun. :p

Barbara
04-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Germany is also very nice these days. We have ca. 70 deg F and the sun is shining. The almonds begin to have flowers and I have a week off at work:D

ChrisH
04-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Sounds good Barbara!:) :)

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2003, 03:18 PM
almonds begin to have flowers

Off I went to research almond trees! Have never seen one. Sound lucious!

NoahsMommy
04-16-2003, 04:28 PM
How wonderful!! Its always so nice to have that warm sun after being cold for so long. Enjoy! :)

PayItForward
04-16-2003, 04:52 PM
I have seen the british sun. It does existed, after all.
I even wore a summer top today

I'm happy :D :D :D