PDA

View Full Version : *Contest and Dog Shirts* i need your opinion

wolf_Q
08-05-2001, 03:56 PM
Hello...Ok this is just for your opinion, nothing official yet. I can't guarantee that either of these things will even happen, but I will try.

I have been trying to think of a good new contest for my website. The first Cute Pet Contest was very successful in my opinion, so I am hoping another contest would be too. Ok here is my *idea*
Photo contest again...Except with two different things. 1st, you can vote for your pets. 2nd, *real* prizes. (of course I will make the graphic prizes also). Right now I have cute figurines of a rottweiler and one of golden retrievers. A Pet Portrait or two would also become a prize. :) But, to help me with shipping, and in getting more prizes it would be about $1 to enter the contest. So people w/o a scanner could enter too, just send the pic w/ the $1 and I would scan. The more entries, the better prizes.... I was thinking too that people could send extra if they wanted, and we could choose some pet charity to send it to. Anyway, I need your opinion. Do you think it is a good idea, and would you enter? Please post your reply.

Now here's the 2nd thing. We just got one of those nice sewing machines that can do embroidery. (sorry if that is spelled wrong) It also has computer software, so you can create your own designs. I have created a few, so I know that it works. Mind you, it is *not* easy. It takes a long time, especially from a photo. But I am working on creating pics of dog breeds. So far I only have 3 LOL, and it took me about 2 hours (dalmatian, german shepard, and beagle) So what I need to know is what breeds I should make first. Please name your top 20 breeds. Also I need to know if this is something any of you would be interested in. I would do different colors for the breed (like for a siberian husky it could be black and white, grey and white, red and white, etc.) And I could put the pet's name below it, or the breed, etc. Let me know, thanks!~~Amy :)

wolf_Q
08-05-2001, 09:39 PM
Hey please at least tell me your top 20 dog breeds that I should make into designs. They are very hard to make, and I can't decide which one to make next! :) I just made a lab, lol.

BlueJ
08-05-2001, 10:01 PM
Amy
I think your contest idea is great! especially about the people w/o scanners (like me!)LOL. if you want just go thruogh the pet of the day pictures and use those. Also i would like your website address.
Thanks
P.S: good luck!

:D

CoraNewf
08-06-2001, 08:09 AM
I'd enter for sure!!! Great idea....

Annie

wolf_Q
08-08-2001, 01:53 AM
Thanks for your opinions. My website address is http://www.geocities.com/wolf_q OK now I would like to show you a few of the prizes I have in mind for the contest. Opinions please, and suggestions for other prizes! How it will work is first place will get to pick the first prize, and so on. The more entries, the more people will get to pick a prize. Ok now I will *attempt* to post a pic.

wolf_Q
08-08-2001, 02:00 AM
First prize will be a Pet Portrait cartoon or realistic drawing. To see an example of that, just go to my website. Now here's a few of the other maybe prizes:
Various Ty Beanie Baby dogs and cats. All are retired and mint condition with tags.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/PZ/1x/4F/Oz24131.jpg
Really cute figures of a rottweiler and golden retriever puppies! Rottweiler is approx. 6 1/2 inches and puppies approx. 4 inches.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/z1/hd/Rq/Oe67998.jpg
Here's a small example of some stuffed dogs. We have lots (my friend and I collect them, ...yes...lol I have at least 8 basically life size stuffed dogs) The two on the right are also Ty brand and retired.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Xw/Dn/r0/OH28424.jpg

08-08-2001, 10:47 AM
I think you have a neat idea on your hands. You are very creative. As for the breeds to start with here are my ideas
1. Black Lab
2. Golden Retriever
3. Basset Hound
4. Grey Hound
5. Springer Spaniel
6. Cocker Spaniel
7. Australian Shepherd
8. Newfoundland
9. Poodle
10. Schnauzer
11. Rottweiler
12. St. Bernard
13. Pug
14. Chihuahua
15. Boxer
16. Siberian Husky
17. Pit Bull
18. Yellow Lab
19. Shih Tzu
20. Jack Russel Terrier

These are not in any particular order... I just picked breeds that I know are represented on this board plus a couple of my favs like the JRT :D! I left out the GSD and Dalmation cause you mentioned them already. These breeds are very unique and should make good examples because of their distinct features... I hope anyway.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress. We are always glad too help too :D!

RachelJ
08-08-2001, 03:23 PM
One of the disadvantages of having mixed breed is there are no images of them on stuff. I was given a pewter cockapoo head key chain, however, and it is a remarkable resemblance to my first cockapoo, Bailey. That is the only thing *cockapoo* I have ever seen. So if you ever decide to include this *mix*, Hannah says you can use her as a model :D

dogsrule4
08-08-2001, 04:14 PM
GOOD IDEA I ONLY HAVE A FEW GOOD BREEDS:GOLDEN RETRIEVERS YELLOW LAB AND BLACK LAB! :eek: :rolleyes:

KayAnn
08-08-2001, 04:15 PM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/6L/Vq/WK/ha57108.jpg
Me and Simba like the beanie babies!!!!!!!!!

Except, i doubt i would be able ot enter, im not usre.. anyways, Its a great idea! Simba would also like to be a model for the *mutts*! :D

ownerof3dogs
08-10-2001, 06:10 PM
Make sure to add in the Doberman as one of the first twenty

MHMama
08-10-2001, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a great idea. The only problem I have with Ricky is everyone has pictures, figures, beanie babies, stuffed animals etc. of short hair chihuahuas but you can never find one for a long haired chihuahua. His pedigree is just as long but he just isn't recognized.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/oJ/GT/I7/EI49052.jpg

wolf_Q
08-12-2001, 09:39 PM
LOL @ Simba and the beanies! Hehe, I have uhhh.......300 or more beanies? I don't even know, they are in my closet, heh. The ones pictured there are ones my friend is going to donate to the contest. Thanks for all the great ideas, and the list of breeds. It would be possible to convince me to do a custom picture of your dog for a shirt. :) Although you must realize the pic would be simplified a lot, and it would cost more because it would take me more time. I am going to test out my patterns on some shirts, then I will probably just make the breed pattern as I am asked for it, becuase it takes a long time to make a pattern. So be looking forward to seeing it soon! Also I've been meaning to make up a page on my website with the final contest details, I will post when I do! Ach, I am too busy and summer is almost over! :(

jackiesdaisy1935
08-13-2001, 09:00 AM
Amy, I think you have a great idea for a contest and I'm sure you will have tons of entries, I'm sure I will enter. I would like to make a point, I found in entering contests where you can vote once or vote every day it gets frustrating. Where you can only vote once, somehow people either bypass the computer someway ( my Grandson said he could do that for me, and I said no way) or have clubs vote and maybe all the dogs will have one vote on the first day and one dog will have 80. It is then impossible for the others to catch up.
Why not gather a group of impartial people that you know and have them vote for the pets. They don't know anybody and the will be using their own judgement. Just a thought.
Jackie

RachelJ
08-13-2001, 03:18 PM
There are a number of us who have had you do the cartoons of our dogs. I have always thought that would be a great image to have on a t-shirt. Is that something you could offer to those of us who have had the cartoons done?