PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Gliders

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone. I just recently joined this board and so far everyone seems very nice and caring about animals and ppl which is so nice.
Well for pets I have birds and sugargliders. I am also a small hobbyist breeder with both.
I have started this thread for sugar gliders as i thought there may be some ppl interested in them or in discussing them,asking questions or whatever you would like about sugargliders.
It would be my,and a few other sugarglider owners and breeders here,pleasure to answer any of your questions about them:)
cyn

Jessica12345
04-15-2003, 05:56 PM
first of all, a warm welcome to Pet talk!

aww. i love suger gliders! soo cute!:D

but i really love birds. hehe. what kind of birds do you have? I have a black headed caique named tiki. you can see her in my sig;) do you have pics? of the birds or the suger gliders? if so i would love to see them:D thanks!

tikeyas_mom
04-15-2003, 06:08 PM
sugar gliders are very interesting, they are very cute as well. I am also most intersted in hearing more about your birds :D. Do you have any pics of them? What kinda bird do you have? I have 1 cockatiel and 2 budgies. ;) welcome to pet talk, hope you like it here.

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 06:14 PM
I LOVE CAIQUES
all three subspecies!
they are sooo adorable and playful and clownish and smart LOL

i don't have any caiques but i did raise some when i was a hired handfeeder.
i have a DYH amazon, some peachfaced lovebirds in mutations, masked lovebirds in mutations and reg. green pacfic lucida parrotlets :D

I love dogs too, I had an old english mastiff that was a major rescue,he was badly abused to the point that his leg was severly damged but never treated, by time we got him,it ws inoperable. he required behaviour rehab too he hated ppl,he was only 10 mos at the time of the rescue and 130 lbs,and that was underweight he was so skinny then LOL
we had him several yrs he become a great dog who never ever left my side no matter what,he even became so well trained i was able to teach him a little signing for commands instead of speaking LOL
last yr his leg got to much to bear for him,we couldn't give him the pain killers anymore as his tummy was starting to fel the side effects he bagan getting frequest runs from the pain pill side effects.
he was approaching 8 which for this breed is old age,he cried alot with his leg and the vet felt it best to put him down finally,so with heartbreak i did. I miss him like mad,he ws the best buddy in the whole wide world.
I have not even been able to consider getting a new dog yet,I still think of my big boy too mu
ch. Sooo for now its the birds and gliders to keep me company and thats enough for now for me to handle anyhow.
Cynthia

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 06:18 PM
well i am not sure how to get them posted on the board in my post,your guys pics are so nice!
but i do have a website and their pics are on the pages called breeders and pets
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Ambrookebirds
the suggies pics are there too:D

cynthia

Jessica12345
04-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by cynkatt
I LOVE CAIQUES
all three subspecies!
they are sooo adorable and playful and clownish and smart LOL

I know!:D lol :)

you can see tiki's site here:

www.geocities.com/doggielovers5672/thebirdcorner.html

;)

tikeyas_mom
04-15-2003, 06:32 PM
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Ambrookebirds/images/1-picture5.gif?0.24724933551715245

Cheeko and Springs cage ^.. except mine has a brown base trey :D.

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 06:51 PM
my favorite line of cages is the hagen majestics,almost every cage i have is this. looking for this next one for my suggies.oo wher did u find it w/ a brwon tray its hard to find the tall model with the brwon trays,all my half size majestics are brown.
i am looking to buy or trade a used one if i can find anyone interested in selling or trading one or two,
otherwise will be picking up a new one from the stores very soon.
Cynthia

Cisco's Mom
04-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!
I'm owned by a chihuahua, blue-peach front conure and several fish tanks. I had a friend that moved who breed and raised sugergliders. They seemed like neat little animals. She always had one with her in a pouch. It was very shy and would oly come out for a treat.:)

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 08:39 PM
yup sounds like gliders alright.
thanks for the welcome

popcornbird
04-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Welcome! I have two sweet cockatiels, Popcorn and Muffin. You can see them in my signiture! Your pets sound so cute!

cynkatt
04-16-2003, 01:46 PM
hi thanks for the welcome
pretty tiels u have.
thanks
cynthia