PDA

View Full Version : Sad news.

HayleyRosie
04-15-2003, 07:30 AM
I posted pictures of three cute little orange kittens last week. Last night the mother of these kittens got killed by a car. The mother is owned by a twelve year old little girl that LOVES the cat and the little kittens. Today is her birthday. Her dad, my co-worker, has not told her about the mother yet. She was gone to school before he knew for sure where the cat had gone. He is planning on keeping one of the kittens and hopefully this will make it a little easier for his daughter.

He is getting formula to feed the kittens but he hopes that the people that wanted to adopt these little bundles of joy will take them now and feed them themselves.

I will post some new pictures of the babies later today.

ScantyNebula
04-15-2003, 07:33 AM
OH NO!! :( :( Thats so sad!! :( What a beauty the mother was too ..... oh thats the worst .. so sorry

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-15-2003, 07:35 AM
How sad - my heart really goes out to everyone who loses a precious furkid.

I hope and pray that the kitties will find good forever homes, and that the little girl will accept the new kittie with the same love she had for the other one.
Is there any chance that the new kittie could be an inside cat?

ScantyNebula
04-15-2003, 07:37 AM
my thoughts exactly! I hate hearing about people letting their kitties outside .. especially in a city =/

HayleyRosie
04-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Yes the new kitten will be an indoor cat. They know how important that is now.

catmandu
04-15-2003, 09:22 AM
What a terrible thing for those little ones to have to grow up , without the nuturing and love of thier Mother!God bless you and let us know how you are doing , feeding the babys! Our prayers go out to that dear Mother Cat , now at the Rainbow Bridge!

Barbara
04-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Oh that's so sad:( I hope the kittens are old enough to survive. Poor kitties. And poor 12 year old cat mom:(

marysmerrycats
04-15-2003, 10:26 AM
that is just so sad. good luck to your co worker with the kittens.

:( :(

aly
04-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Thats really sad :( Poor little girl :( I am glad they will be keeping the kitten indoor now.

How old are the kittens? Is it possible for one family to take care of all of the kittens until they are 8 weeks old? Its important that they stay together while so young.

I just got 3 orange foster boys who's mom was killed by a car too :(

HayleyRosie
04-15-2003, 10:33 AM
We just feed the three kittens. They all ate what we think is enough. :confused: They all did their pee. That was a challange. Now in another two hours this happens all over again. I really hope they make it.

Here is a picture.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Oh no, how sad! :( And the poor girl, to have to hear this news on her birthday. :( The only good news is they have learned their lesson about indoor only kitties - unfortunately it had to be learned the hard way. :(

The kittens are adorable, and I hope they can be kept together for awhile yet, like Aly says. They really need the interaction and socialization of other kittens at this time.

I sure hope being able to keep the kitten will help console the girl - so sad. :(

However, when I first saw the title of this thread and that it was started by you, I was worried it was bad news about Hayley or Mandy, and I'm so relieved they are ok.

HayleyRosie
04-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by aly
Thats really sad :( Poor little girl :( I am glad they will be keeping the kitten indoor now.

How old are the kittens? Is it possible for one family to take care of all of the kittens until they are 8 weeks old? Its important that they stay together while so young.

I just got 3 orange foster boys who's mom was killed by a car too :(

They have decided that they are going to keep the kittens together until they are 8 weeks old. One of the girls that was going to take a kitten don't want it now because she is afraid the little kitten is not going to make it. She is looking for another kitten.

aly
04-15-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm sure the kitties will be fine. They are pretty good at stopping when they're done eating. Are you using KMR and bottles? If you have problems with them taking the bottle, you may want to try a syringe.

Hey, if you have any questions about the babies, you can email me. I've had dozens and dozens of foster bottle babies. My addy is [email protected]

They are SOOOO cute. I love the pudgy one!

batgirl1980
04-15-2003, 12:28 PM
:( :( That is soo sad!!!
I'm glad they are going to keep them inside though, and I think they will grow up just fine, glad to hear they'll be kept together for a while too. That always helps.

HayleyRosie
04-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Here is a picture of me (and another co-workers hands) feeding one of the little kittens.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p05c5e9c2c974bb3af3b4377326032210/fc5546b6.jpg

We will still be getting weekly pictures of these beauties. I will post them as I get them. Please keep these cuties in your thoughts and prayers.

cynkatt
04-15-2003, 01:12 PM
hi i noticed u are from nfld me too.
i live in TO tho. but am from bonavista bay trinity!!!
sorry to intrude on this sad topic,i get exceited when i see other newfs on line LOL
i am a hobbyist breeder here in TO
of birds and sugargliders
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Ambrookebirds
nice to see a felo newf on a chat group for a change.
aw i hope those little kittens and the little girl will be ok and there is a hppy ending.
best of luck with them.

popcornbird
04-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Poor babies! :( They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

moosmom
04-15-2003, 11:53 PM
It's sad that those poor babies had to become orphans in order for their humans to finally realize that cats are far better indoors. Stupid, stupid people.

krazyaboutkatz
04-16-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the death of the kittens mother. :( I sure hope that these 3 cuties survive. I think that the family has learned a very valuable lesson here about keeping cats indoors only. Prayers are on the way for the 3 little kittens.

shais_mom
04-16-2003, 01:30 AM
poor babies
they are so sweet tho
Will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
04-16-2003, 05:49 AM
I can't decide if I am more :mad: that the mom cat had to die an awful death because she lived outside. or :( because those babies are now orphans.
I wish them well, and I hope this lesson is not forgotten in 8 weeks.

HayleyRosie
04-16-2003, 05:56 AM
The little kittens are doing well this morning. My friend says it is really a full time job for him and his wife. Hopefully we will get more pictures soon.

HayleyRosie
04-17-2003, 07:30 AM
The little kittens are doing great this morning! They are now feeding from the bottle a lot better and drinking a lot of formula. It seems they are going to be okay but they miss their mommy. Gerard (my co-worker) says they keep looking for their mommy in the box he has set up for them to sleep in.

Here are some more pictures of the feeding on tuesday.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p510ac5533ac26bcd9ca1dbc4a10aeef1/fc5549b4.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p8ad694e0c02f7caa56b85b9dec996561/fc5549ba.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7704269c306ec13f3ef32e18d88cbb35/fc5549c1.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pee170cf66d0f376d7f3913ae625728c7/fc5549b8.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Gee, if the circumstances weren't so sad, I would say that it's so cool that you get to see and feed these little critters at work. ;) :( :)

I'm so glad they're doing good and feeding from the bottle like little troopers. :)

jenluckenbach
04-17-2003, 04:09 PM
they are so precious.