PDA

View Full Version : ??

marysmerrycats
04-15-2003, 02:05 AM
on the news tonight they said that they consider most of the war over... am I the only one that finds that a little weird? I mean it sounds plain stupid to me, are there others of you that think that was just a little too easy? I mean, I don't believe if saddam is still alive that its over, that he hasn't got some things planned?
I would just hope that they don't think its over and all go home now! they haven't foound saddams armys have they? I know some have surrendered but there are more still out there, maybe among the innocent civilians .

iceyshiver21
04-15-2003, 07:03 AM
I was gonna post this but I kept putting it off because I figgured someone else was gonna :D I too think that seem rather easy. But then again the US nailed them the first night, and after that his citizens stopped beliving in him.....I mean why would they want to sopport a leader that cut of their water and food. I keep waiting to hear that some of saddams more firm belivers gased the whole city of bagdagh or somthing.....

Karen
04-15-2003, 07:29 AM
The news media may be saying "it's over," but I have heard no one say the WAR is over from the military side. The "major battles" may be over, but the situation is far from settled and finished. Some troops are moving out, but more troops are moving in.

The news media will say whatever they want, free press and all that ... doesn't mean we have to believe them.

Dakota's Mommy
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
As Karen said, yes, it was said that the "major battles" are over. Then they went on to say that all fighting is not over, just the "major battles". What that is supposed to mean, I'm not really sure. Karen also said that more troops are moving in, yep, that's true too. The 4th Infantry Division just started pushing into Iraq in the last few days. I'm not sure how far they've gotten, but they are on the way in. If our government planned on just packing up and going home, this would not be happening. Lots more business has to be done to make sure the area is secure for their future government that the U.N. is supposed to help them build. So, our forces are not done over there yet. While some may come home, others will be in to replace them so that they can get out of there and get a break. Only time will tell what soldiers will stay, which ones will get to come home, and when all of that will truly happen.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Some of the air craft carriers have been there for 9 months all ready. They deserve a break for sure. I have a cousin in the 4th ID and they just got there. I think the strike the first night took the Iraqi leaders by such suprise that they were never able to get their act together and get organized after that. It concerns me though that apparently lots of the leaders have snuck into other countries. I hope the leaders of those countries round them up and deliver them to the coalition. I may turn green, grow feathers, and learn to fly too which is probably more apt to happen than the leaders being turned over.:eek: :D