PDA

View Full Version : Who locked mommy out of the house today???

Christiansmommy
04-14-2003, 10:57 AM
CHRISTIAN!! I had to run the trashcan up to the front of the house this morning (its trash pick up day)...takes me 10 seconds...so i locked the storm door in the front...so he could look outside and watch me, but not open the door and fall out onto the porch (since he knows how to open this door, when it isnt locked)...so i went out the back door...grabbed the can, ran it up front, came back to the back door....an its LOCKED!! Luckily it is nice out and my next door neighbor was home...so i ran over, called my in laws who live 10 minutes from here, and they brought a spare key. Meanwhile, i am on the front porch, and what does he bring over and show me through the glass door...my keys!! Little stinker I dont think he intentially locked me out, but must have known that i needed those keys to get back in....anyway, we live in front of a big field and a fire truck was out this morning practicing on the ladder and doing fire drills, so if my in laws hadnt been home, i would have asked them for help...glad i didnt have to...but it is coincidental that they were there this morning.

I ALWAYS bring my keys with me outisde, when i run the can to the front or have to grab something quick in my car...incase, he would ever lock me out...and of course, the ONE day he does...i didnt bring the keys!

Just thought i would share our adventurous morning!!

Robyn

ramanth
04-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I'm sorry, but that is hysterical!

I bet you he did lock you out intentionally and then teased you by having the keys.

That is SO nah, nah! :p ;) :D

Silly Christian.

Christiansmommy
04-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Could be :) He is only 1 1/2 years old, though, but very smart for his age :). He loves to play with doors and keys...but if he did do it intentionally, then i better look out...b/c the terrible 2 havent even begun yet!! :rolleyes: It is definitly one for the baby book, though. WIsh i had a camera with me when he brought the keys over to the door...priceless :)

Robyn

Cinder & Smoke
04-14-2003, 12:50 PM
SmokeMutt dun that to Dad - jest aftur we dopted da lil Mutt... :rolleyes:

Wade a minnit! It wuz a axkadent...
an yur fault, ennieway, Cinnerz!

SHE dint come back frum a late-nite outtie...
Dad wuz stickin hiz hed out da frunt door - hollerin fur her.

Wuz my furst winter; an he wuzint wearin much (reddy fur BigBed tyme - only had on dem lil white shortie pantz anna T-shurt, an NO slippurz! Dad cided to zip out onna porch an holler round da cornur uvva howze...

Left da door open jist a crack...
Well, I thunk dey wuz leevin me :eek:
Tried to foller Dad out da door...
*SLAM* **click** "Uhhhhh-Oooooh!" (NUTZ!)
:(

Dad didda Bunch a door-knobby rattlin...
Then sedda hole lotta :mad: wurdz ("nutz" wazint wunna them!)

Next ting I see iz boff uv em *rompin thru da SNOW* inna drive - an Dad startz crawlin INSIDE da ole GuardHowze where Arrow (RB :( ) uzed ta live durrin the dayz...

Herd da *mergency key* rattlin inna basement door... den a bIg **SLAM** :eek:

Dad wuz NOT *smilin* :mad: when dey came up thru da basement! Had da purdiest pair a *blue* footzies I ebber saw, tho... :p
Lotta cobby-webz inna hare, too!

He spent a Loooong tyme inna fallin waddur klozet - lotta steem inna klozet! An Wow! Did he *pout* :mad: aftur he jumped inna BigBed...

/s/ SmokeMutt

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-14-2003, 01:07 PM
That is too funny!

Freckles
04-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
*rompin thru da SNOW*

Good heavens, Phred, in the snow, too?:D

jenluckenbach
04-14-2003, 05:41 PM
hee hee...too funny :p

captain
04-14-2003, 06:34 PM
I love reading your notes Phred!!! They make me laugh everytime!!

Luckily the dogs have not locked us out of the house, but my hubbie has a habit of NEVER having his house keys and I was out. He pulled the door shut to go ........... and realised he needed something else out of the house ...... NO KEYS.

Now, as I have mentioned before, my hubbie is 6ft 5", so he went around to the back of the house, doggies romping and playing - YAY YAY, DAD not going out. Went around to the laundry door - where the doggie door is ......... and attempted to crawl through.
I wish I had been there - the dogs were trying to get through the doggie door, and once inside, when hubbie stuck his head in the door, licked him to death ..... slobber, slobber .... Hee hee.

He eventually managed to stretch his looonnnnngggg arm up and unlatch the door, all the while the doggies were trying to go in and out, in and out ....... and almost slammed the door shut again!

At least it was not snowing!

lovemyshiba
04-14-2003, 06:38 PM
What a silly kid, that Christian!!! I'm sorry, but it's funny!! I'm sure him with the keys was priceless:)

and dogs locking you out---that's a first for me!!!!!

sasvermont
04-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Once in downtown Philadelphia I went out on my fire escape to secure some potted plants for when the hurricane hit Phila. and so I stepped out on the platform with an umbrella, boots on, a blouse, no skirt ....just underwear and a half slip (didn't want to get cat hair on my wool skirt so I waited to put my skirt on last....The door slammed behind me. I was locked out. I went down the fire escape steps, walked out the alley, back to Spruce Street and went to a neighbor to call a locksmith. No one wanted to come out because of the weather. I waited for 3 hours and finally found someone to come out and let me in. My slip was black and matched my Andrew Geller boots. That really impressed my neighbors and the locksmith, I am sure. I will never forget that feeling - I looked like a half dressed Mary Poppins. I missed a half day of work!:rolleyes:

Robyn, I am so glad Christian didn't panic and all turned out just fine. I hope he thought it was funny. I bet you won't do that again!

Pam
04-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I stepped out on the platform with an umbrella, boots on, a blouse, no skirt ....just underwear and a half slip (didn't want to get cat hair on my wool skirt so I waited to put my skirt on last....

This is the kind of things that one dreams about and wakes up and is grateful it is only a dream! I can't believe it happened to you in real life! Look at the things we do in order to accommodate life with kitties - running around in a slip until the last minute! I think anyone with cats will understand!

luckies4me
04-14-2003, 09:33 PM
LOL Our sons are the same age. ;) :p

You should see what Dylan did yesterday!!!:eek:

I put him down for a nap and THOUGHT he was asleep. He wasn't making any noise. Dan went to check on him to see if he was sleeping and he had pooped, taken off his diaper and then played in it! :confused: It was everywhere! On his face, his hands everything. I had to scrub his crib, change his sheets and he went straight into the tub! :p

I guess this is what happens when you have a boy? :rolleyes: ;)

captain
04-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwww - something to look forward to when I have kids ....:eek: