PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it happened

zookeeperinaltha
04-13-2003, 11:47 PM
I have been wanting an Angora bunny for the longest time! I found one but had to have (2) ankle surgeries in 2 weeks so I had to let the owner give it to someone else because I couldn't care for it. I will still get one however when I am able to take care of it. However something else has made it's way into my home! I welcomed it with open arms! I have wanted one all my life but considering the cost was never able to get one, and you never find one free. What is it you ask? It's a Quaker Parot, and it came to us free. My next door neighbor brought it over for me to watch for the night while she cleaned her ovens. My 12 yr old son has always loved this bird. Well they each got attached to each other. My neighbor saw this and since they work all day they decided to give us the bird. The bird wanted attention and they saw this and decided that the bird was where he belonged. We have had him 2 weeks now. My son named him "Bug" well he's 12 and it's his bird. Bug over the last 2 weeks has learned to talk very fast! He says: Give me a kiss and makes the noise of a kiss 3 times, Hey what cha doin, I love you adding my sons name, and hello. He's almost 2 yrs old. (in July) He doesn't like me yet but just seeing him and my son warms my heart! I was told he doesn't care for women, sometimes I can pet him and others I can't. Just had to tell everyone

CathyBogart
04-14-2003, 01:41 AM
He's precious!!! Quakers aren't legal in CA, so I LOVE seeing pics of them! I love the name your son picked also! ^_^

popcornbird
04-14-2003, 01:58 AM
OMG! What a cutie! I LOVE quakers! :D Congrats! More pics please!

Wolfchan, why are quakers illegal in California? :confused:

zookeeperinaltha
04-14-2003, 02:13 AM
not sure how get get more than one picture up at a time.........I'm new to all this......lol

CathyBogart
04-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

Wolfchan, why are quakers illegal in California? :confused:

I'm not sure, but I would assume it's the same as with gerbils: CA just has some WIERD laws about what is considered "wildlife".

popcornbird
04-14-2003, 02:24 AM
That's stupid. :rolleyes: Quakers are normal pet birds just like tiels or keets or conures. :rolleyes:

Hey, what if a quaker in Oregon or Nevada decided to cross the border and fly into California? What would they do about it? :rolleyes:

I know, dumb question, but that law makes me mad. I didn't know gerbils were illegal in California. :confused: I believe ferrets are too

CathyBogart
04-14-2003, 02:31 AM
Yep. Gerbils, ferrets, Hedgies, skunks, you name it.

Hey...some places have herps banned as pets...I think that's the stupidest thing ever.

You're right though, Quakers are normal pet birdies. ^_^

aly
04-14-2003, 03:21 AM
Bug is ADORABLE!!!!!!!