PDA

View Full Version : David Bloom died

Rocky'smomma
04-13-2003, 01:59 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/896439.asp?0sl=-10

He was the MSNBC reporter traveling with the Third Brigade I believe. He was my favorite reporter to watch. I thought he was so nice and thoughtful of the other soldiers. Apparently he had a heart attack. He was only 39 and had a wife and three girls.

primabella
04-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes, I heard about this. It's very sad :(

aly
04-13-2003, 08:30 PM
:( My prayers are with his family :(

moosmom
04-15-2003, 11:41 PM
David Bloom was an excellent journalist. One of the best in his field. He died from a pulmonary embolism. They think the embolism was caused from sleeping in tight quarters. That thingy he was riding around Iraq in had very tight quarters, causing him to sleep every night in a fetal position. When you have little or no circulation going on in your legs, an embolism can form and travel to your heart. That's what happened to him.

He was too young to die (38). He will be sorely missed. :(

Logan
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
We enjoyed his reporting and thought him to be a "real" person....not just a guy on television.

I am listening to a live feed of his funeral on MSNBC.com right now. It is very sad to me for a 39 year old man to have lost his life.....so young, and obviously admired and loved by many. :(

Logan

tatsxxx11
04-16-2003, 05:26 PM
I was so shocked and so incredibly sad when I heard the news that Sunday. He had always been my favorite journalist, from the time he covered the White House for NBC. I understand he had given up his traveling ways a couple of years ago, taking the weekend anchor post at MSNBC in order to spend more time with his family. This was to be his last hurrah. I was especially sad that he was not able to enter Baghdad with his 3rd ID buddies who, in just a short time, had come to know and admire him so. He was only 30 miles from Baghdad when he died. I can only imagine what great reporting he would have done from there and how thrilled he would have been to see that statue come tumbling down; the jubilant Iraqis celebrating in the streets. All who knew him said he researched tirelessly for this assignment and knew more about the history of Iraq, Saddam and the Iraqi army than any other journalist. He even designed the "Bloommobile," the tank type vehicle from which he sent his reports. He was not only a most talented, hard working and fine journalist, but such a kind, caring and compassionate man. And how he adored his family. My heart breaks for his wife Melanie and his three beautiful daughters who were the loves of his life. Rest in peace, David. An amazing life cut sadly too, too short.