PDA

View Full Version : Off to NYC...

AdoreMyDogs
04-13-2003, 07:18 AM
I am leaving today for 6 days. Bye for awhile, everyone :) Amy (cincy's mom) and her husband, Ralph, were kind enough to watch Graham and Kersey while we are gone. I'll sure miss my babies but they all are in good hands.

Have a good week, everyone. I'll see you all when I get back.

zanzanfergie
04-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Have a great time! :D
You're so lucky to live close to other PTers...did you know Amy before you joined the board?

mugsy
04-13-2003, 08:22 AM
I wish I had known I could have given you my uncle's phone number!! I hope you have a good trip!!

shais_mom
04-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Have a great time Leslie.
Too my knowledge I don't think Leslie and Amy knew each other before they met on PT.
I hope Amy gives us lots of Graham and Kersey stories :D

Cincy'sMom
04-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Staci is correct, I did not know Leslie before PT.

All the dogs are getting along very well. My dad even brought Dazzi up this afternoon, and she not only tolerated them, but played with them!! I think she even kinda liked Graham!!!

This morning, they almost caught a squirrel. All 5 were pacing around the pine tree, Graham and Kersey taking turn go underneath and trying to find away up it. I started to walkaway to go in a get a cemera, when all of a sudden something fell to the ground behind me. I turned thre was the squirrel, running for his life. He made a daring leap for the fence. Sadie and Cincy were right there. He bounced from nose to nose. Suddenly, he found himself on the ground again and was off and running...it was a race to the fence, 5 dogs vs. one squirrel...and he made it!!! He was up and over the fence, into the trees as fast as his little legs could carry him!!

Score one for the squirrel!

This is only day one...stayed tuned for more adventures!!!

aly
04-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Thank goodness the squirrel made it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie I hope you have FUN in NYC! It must be nice going and knowing your babies are in the best possible hands :)

Looking forward to more stories, Amy :)

Rachel
04-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

All the dogs are getting along very well. My dad even brought Dazzi up this afternoon, and she not only tolerated them, but played with them!! I think she even kinda liked Graham!!!

Hannah says that if Dazzi or any of the other girls even THINK about putting the make on Graham, she will track them down. The whole idea of knowing that Graham is there with the girls for a whole 6 days is driving her INSANE. She is asking that you bring him to the computer and show him this to remind him of the time they spent together. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/pa2e3dc45950142b762614e078e4a73a6/fca203a2.jpg

captain
04-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Rachel,

Hee hee - that is so gorgeous.

lizbud
04-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Leslie,

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you found a
great petsitter for the furkids. LOL.:D Will Minion have the
whole house to herself?

Great picture of the lovely Miss Hannah & the dashing Graham.

:) :)

Freckles
04-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Rachel, I remember the first time I saw that picture of Hannah and Graham with paws barely touching, so I just reviewed the thread and found all the photopoint albums unusable. darn.

Rachel
04-14-2003, 06:50 AM
You must never mind Hannah. She just absolutely forced me to post that last night. I will just have to keep her away from the computer when the pictures of this vacation are posted. She has this *look* that she gets when she is really perturbed. We call it *staring daggers*.

ramanth
04-14-2003, 10:48 AM
LOL! Hannah, you are so adorable!

I hope Leslie and Dan have a safe trip and Amy and her husband have fun watching Kersey and Graham. :D

Dakota's Mommy
04-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Have a great time in NYC! ANd you Amy and Ralph, have fun! I guess you're getting a taste of what mom has everyday! Anyways, hope things go well and have fun!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Have a great time in NYC! I am sure that Graham and Kersey will have tons of fun with Amy and Co.!

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2003, 04:14 PM
My girls wish to reassure dear Hannah, they have NO intention of stealing her man!!! And Dazzi, well, she may like the challenge (you know how some girls want it something, just cause they can't have it) We won't tell her his heart belongs to another! She was only a here a few hours and may not return before Graham leaves. I'm sure he'll remain true to you, Hannah.

I hate to tell Huney this, but I'm not so sure Spot will remain as true to her :( He seems to like Kersey a lot, but isn't quite sure if he wants the dominant, younger woman :) And that brother of hers, sure does watch our for her!!! Guesshe is true young man, playing the field... boys will be boys!!

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Up, Up and Away!!!

Round 2 with the squirrel....

Today the squirrel decied not to try his luck in the yard, but rather stay safely above ground onthe telphone wire. the dogs ran back and forth along the fence, when suddenly, Kersey, true to her athletic name, tried to get closer by jumping over the fence!!! She immediatly tunred and looked at me, like "Okay, that didn't work! Now, how do I get back?" Calm person that I am (yeah, right) told her to stay the took a few steps one direction, then another. That didn't seem to help. So I reminded her again to stay, kept all the other dogs back from the fence, while I snuck out, through the neighbor's trees, in front of their houses to the yard Kersey was in. I called her and she immediatly came (Good Girl!) and together we walked back to our yard.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on her face when she relized she had missed and the squirrel and was now seperated from everyone, but even though I had a camera in hand, the thought didn't cross my mind at that time :)

captain
04-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Fun and games!!!!

GOOD GIRL for coming when called!!! Squirrel probably sitting going "ha ha ha" you missed!

4 Dog Mother
04-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Isn't it just the pits to miss out on the best pics? So many times I wish I could get something snapped before someone moves but by the time I get it done, the picture is not longer the same. And I get someones backside or only one dog or worse.

Dazzi is very fickle and for the most part is very independent. She wants no male telling her what to do or when to do it. And there is no way she is going to give up her leader role. So Graham is very safe.

Can't wait to hear more stories. At least the first part of this week should be good weather for more dog/squirrel escapades.

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother

Dazzi is very fickle and for the most part is very independent. She wants no male telling her what to do or when to do it. And there is no way she is going to give up her leader role. So Graham is very safe.

...Says the confident mom who doesn't want to think her baby girl could fall for a boy :)

Seriously Hannah, your lovey Grahammy-boy is faithful and safe :)

weiner_teddy
04-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Have a great time in NYC!! :D :D

AdoreMyDogs
04-19-2003, 08:08 AM
I am back, and boy did I miss my furangels! As you probablly read, Graham and Kersey were safe and sound at Camp Amy, but Minion had to spend the week alone in my house, with exception to the evening drop-in by my mom. I am sure he was lonely, but he managed and he was a good kitty. He was sure happy to see us when we walked in the door, but I think he was even more happy to see Graham and Kersey! He ran up to them and rubbed back and forth against them, gave them head bumpie after head bumpie, and trill after trill :) He's the sweetest little kitty cat :)

Our vacation was great! NYC is a great city. We went there in April of 2001, so we DID get to see NYC in it's glory before the 9-11 horror. It was still a wonderful city, but ground zero sure is heart breaking.

We went on some guided tours of the city streets, the United Nations building, Radio City, NBC Studios, we went on a boat tour around Manhattan Island, we took a tour of the ship Intrepid, we saw Lion King on broadway and we went on a guided tour of the back stage. If you all have not seen The Lion King on broadway yet, I highly recomend it. This was the 2nd time I have seen it, first time was in Toronto, and it's just amazing. We also took a trip to Coney Island, Central Park, Ground Zero :( and other things here and there. I have to get ready for Kersey's class so I don't have time to post the pics now, but I'll post them when I get back.

KYS
04-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Glad you had a great time, and a big welcome back. :)