PDA

View Full Version : Natasha got fixed

RogueFerret
04-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Yes, Natasha got fixed yesterday. I worried about her all day. I felt so guilty because she is so sweet and trusting and I had to just leave her there. She must have though that I had left her there and was never comming back.:( My husband brung her home and said the vet told him that she was a very good kitty and that it all went just fine.:) I held her for the rest of the day and gave her some cat treats and lots and lots of kisses!

When we first got her out of the cat carrier though, she ran right to the litter box and had some diarrea and then walked across the room and threw up. I have never had that happen with any of my other cats and was wondering if anyone else has. She's fine today and ate a good breakfast this morning, but it worried me a little last night.

I'm so happy that's over with! I've been dreading it for months.:D

jenluckenbach
04-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Diarrhea and vomiting are scarey, but as long as they do not continue and she eats well, I believe that she will be fine. It may have been the anesthesia or the trip or even stress. Isn't it sad, leaving your babies at the vet's?

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm glad that everything went well. The diarrhea and throwing up were probably caused by stress or anesthesia like Jen said. I'm sure she'll be fine.

AmberLee
04-12-2003, 08:40 PM
How is she doing now? [I was a nervous wreck, but the fur-kids, albeit wobbly on their paws, came through just fine!]

RogueFerret
04-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
How is she doing now?

She's fine now. She's eating well and playing like normal.:)

And yes Jen, it was horrible leaving her at the vet! She is the most trusting cat, she didn't even complain when we put her in the cat carrier. I just fell like I have betrayed her trust and it made me feel so guilty.:( She must have fogiven me though because she hasn't been off my lap since she came home.:D

HayleyRosie
04-14-2003, 06:27 AM
I'm really glad she is doing okay now.

catmandu
04-14-2003, 09:43 AM
I hate to leave the Cats at the vets , even when it is clearly for thier own good. I felt this especilly when Sheba passed on at the vets with what they think was a heart attack! I dont know if she would have had the attack , if she was left at home , but he was gasping for air . I pray that I did the right thing!:( :( :( :(