PDA

View Full Version : A walk with Reggie AND Nebo?? <pics>

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 02:23 PM
I always feel bad when I take Nebo for a walk, because Reggie wants to come to....and the same with taking Reggie. They both want to go.

So, today, I decided to be crazy and take them both! :eek: It was quite the interesting setup....Reggie in a harness, Nebo in a halti, with a divider between them. (I tried it without the halti at first, but it just turned into a pulling contest!)

And it went suprisingly well! (except for the 4 loose dogs we ran into! :mad: ) There wasn't any growling or biting, mostly just stepping on eachother lol...but once they were tired enough, they walked just fine next to eachother.

Here's some pics I took after!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pf367fe8ee0f3effe4123d4ba969fc970/fc59f742.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pe5f88449beb57f86e03c8b09ea3962c2/fc59f740.jpg

p.s. I bet I looked pretty scarey--Reggie barking at everyone, and Nebo looking like he's wearing a muzzle! lol :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
04-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Better watch it, or those two will get to be friends yet!!!

Cute pictures!!

primabella
04-12-2003, 03:12 PM
So cute. I love this pic:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pe5f88449beb57f86e03c8b09ea3962c2/fc59f740.jpg

It looks like they're two bacherlors checking out girls :p

Tina
04-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Cute Pictures!!

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

I bet I looked pretty scarey--Reggie barking at everyone, and Nebo looking like he's wearing a muzzle! lol :rolleyes:

LOL :D

They are cuties!! Great photos! :)

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 04:58 PM
cute pics, it would look better if Nebo didnt have a muzzle on though.

Pam
04-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Great pictures!! You are very brave! The dogs look great and it seems like you are having some nice weather today as we are too finally. I want to try that one of these days with Bella and Ripley. Bella of course needs the Halti too or I wind up with my arm out of the socket. :rolleyes: So many people don't understand the Halti. You can't believe how many people make comments to me about her being muzzled. I would like to get one of those separator leashes too. Did you find that Nebo and Reggie wanted to go in different directions? :rolleyes: I am sure mind would at first!

Jessica12345
04-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
cute pics, it would look better if Nebo didnt have a mussel on though.

its not a muzzle though (i dont think :rolleyes: ) lol i think its one of the leash harnesses? :confused: :)

cute pics! they are adorible:D

shais_mom
04-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Great pics!!
They are adorable!!
AND
Tikeya's mom it is not a muzzle.
It is a head halter. It controls dogs by pressure points on the head. Another kind is
www.gentleleader.com

aly
04-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Thats what I HATE about using a Gentle Leader or Halti. People run away from me thinking I have a muzzled dog :eek: Ahh well, they work wonders and I can't speak highly enough of them.

CUTE pics Amy. I'm glad you have a way to take them both out for a walk. Good boy Reggie, you be nice to your brother! :)

veegan
04-12-2003, 06:41 PM
"I bet I looked pretty scarey--Reggie barking at everyone, and Nebo looking like he's wearing a muzzle!"

HAHAAH! no kidding! lol! Thats the sucky thing about the halti, people who dont know get the wrong idea. :P

they are so cute together in those pix! :D

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
cute pics, it would look better if Nebo didnt have a muzzle on though.

I love you you keep replying to my threads trying to make me mad and you're always dead wrong. Hahaha. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks everyone! And Pam, the sorta stepped on eachother at first, and traded places a few times, but other then that they walked the same direction pretty good. :)

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 11:59 PM
I love you you keep replying to my threads trying to make me mad and you're always dead wrong. Hahaha.

I am not trying to make u mad, you are doing that your self. I thought it was a muzzel. Sry! I know it isnt now. No need to be rude geeze

Pam
04-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
And Pam, the sorta stepped on eachother at first, and traded places a few times, but other then that they walked the same direction pretty good. :)

You have encouraged me! I shall buy one of those leashes and give it a try. Several months ago I was driving and passed a woman walking a dobie and a yorkie together on one of those connected leashes and they were walking beautifully together. I was wondering how it was adjusted for the size difference. They also looked so cute together with similar coloring and oh the difference in size! :D

lovemyshiba
04-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Cute pics!!!!
I take Kito and Abbey together all the time, but it is a struggle!! If we don't run into anyone or anydogs, we are ok, but if they see something of interest, forget about it. I think I may try one of those leash thingies too--did you get it at Petco??;)

wolf_Q
04-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Wow a Dobie and a Yorkie? LOL I bet that was cute. Good luck with Bella and Ripley!

Emily, my sister bought it so I'm not sure.......but I *think* it was Petco, I believe they have them there. :)

ChrisH
04-13-2003, 12:10 PM
I love those pictures Amy. Friends or no, they really look good together, both so cute!:)

Christine

captain
04-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Great pics - I must get one of those "non muzzle" Halti's for Captain :)

I am guessing Nebo pulls alot on a normal lead? Captain sure does, I have arms of STEEL from trying to hold him back. Yes, we did go to training and obedience ..... but he still pulls.
Do the Halti leads work well? Does it take the dog long to get used to them?

I walk Captain and Ruby together ......... seperate leads, and they are both those "extendable/retractable" leads. It is a sight to behold ........ two spotty dogs pulling their Mum down the road!!!

Thanks for sharing your pics!

wolf_Q
04-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Actually Nebo really doesn't pull that bad. But with Reggie there, it was a total pulling contest and he was horrible. I mostly got it so I'd have more control over him when we ran into other dogs, as he won't leave them alone. He needs quite a bit of work on HEEL too. ;)

ramanth
04-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Good job! :D Now... are you going to try walking all three at once next? ;) :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Great pictures! I am glad that the both were able to go on a walk together. I am sure it will make your life much easier being able to take them at the same time.

ParNone
04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Hola wolfq! Great pics as usual!:)

I'd been thinking about that coupler thing for Murph and Oz,
but figured Murph'd be hanging in the air off Oz's neck. Think
I'll make a detour to Petsmart on the way home today though
and get one and give it a try. Hopefully Oz won't get in the way
of Murph peeing on everything we pass.:)

Par...

Dakota's Mommy
04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

RogueFerret
04-14-2003, 04:20 PM
I have a Halti harness for my dog. People run away from us too, mostly because Valientine is part chowchow and everyone just assumes she'll bite everyone.:rolleyes:

But that's fine because those harnesses are alot better than those awful choker collars! My mom swears by the chokers, but they look so brutal and painful.

Nebo and Reggie look adorable together.:)