PDA

View Full Version : Your Adobe Photoshop questions answered!

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:12 AM
There seems to be many people on here with Adobe Photoshop that have some questions about it. There's quite a few people on here that know how to use it too.

So instead of explaining to everyone in pm, just ask your questions here......

Please say what version of photoshop you have, and also ask specific questions. :)

primabella
04-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Bump :)

primabella
04-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Okay, I knew I had a question I was going to PM you but I'll write it here. :)

In one of your signatures you had the lyrics to a song and then Nebo's picture, kinda faded out. How did you fade it out like that? Thanks :D

Jessica12345
04-12-2003, 05:28 PM
prima: ooo! i know how to do that! lol but not on adobe photoshop. only on photo immpression. thats not the same thing, right? darn.... I felt so smart!:o :p

primabella
04-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Not the same thing...lol :D

I know I acidentally did something to a picture that made it fade. I should have written it down or something but I can't figure it out.

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Lower the opacity of the layer...then it will fade. :)

zanzanfergie
04-13-2003, 07:48 AM
This is probably a dumb question...but how exactly does one acquire Photoshop? Like, you have to buy it don't you? As in, opposed to downloading it off the internet or something.
At the moment all I have is that lousy program that comes with Windows, you know, 'Paint' :rolleyes:

Karen
04-13-2003, 08:38 AM
You have to buy it, though sometimes when you buy a scanner, it comes with a version of Photoshop, too. If there is a computer lab at your school, they probably have a copy you could use - it's pretty much the industry standard.

lovemyshiba
04-13-2003, 08:42 AM
I have photoshop 7.0, as well as adobe image ready 7.0, and I don't know how to do anything!!!!!
I know how to find my pics from my hard drive, but after that I am lost:o
I doubt you want to post a whole tutorial, but I would like to know how you made my adorable signature!!!!

Crikit
04-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Lower the opacity of the layer...then it will fade. :)

How do yo do that? I could probably figure it out over some time but well I'm tired and feeling lazy today and don't feel like figuring it out. :)

Oh yay, I'm using Photoshop 7.0

Karen
04-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Select the layer you want to fade. In the Layers pallette, the top right row says "Opacity" and you can type a different number in, like 50% or 75% or whatever affect/amount looks right to you. If you click and hold down the arrow that is next to where it says 100%, there's a slider you can use.

Crikit
04-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Thank you Karen. :D

primabella
04-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks Amy :D

slleipnir
04-13-2003, 05:02 PM
I have a tutorial section on my webpage so I made these also and I'm hoping they might help SOMEONE..I know they kinda suck but they're really basic so ppl just getting adobe is more what this is made for.

Anyway I'll add or help with anything I can :D

**** I deleted those url's and put them all together on a tutorial page. I guess no one cares anyway but I added more stuff to them as well and will add more. I use it for my site so it doesn't really matter if you use them or not. I'm sure someone will lol ;] anyway the new link is -->
http://unavoidable.net/tutorials2.htm

slleipnir
04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Let me know if they don't make sense or something, I have to be the worst for explaining :[ I tried to add pictures of what I was doing to help with that though..

aly
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Cool. Those are really helpful. I think I will have a question but I'm going to go try some of the stuff and see if it works. I can get my way around Photoshop but I am by no means an expert and I've been wondering how to do certain things. THANKS!

anna_66
04-13-2003, 10:04 PM
This is a great thread!

I have Adobe Photoshope Elements 2.0 & for some reason I just can't seem to understand how to do layers:confused:
If you have any general info I'd appreciate it!
Like everyone else, I just want to do a signature, I really like the one lovemyshiba has, it's so beautiful!

lovemyshiba
04-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

Like everyone else, I just want to do a signature, I really like the one lovemyshiba has, it's so beautiful!

Amy gets all the credit for that, she made it for me--all I did was send her the pictures!!!

primabella
04-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Amy, how did you make that shape and flowers? lol :) Just curious

slleipnir
04-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
This is a great thread!

I have Adobe Photoshope Elements 2.0 & for some reason I just can't seem to understand how to do layers:confused:
If you have any general info I'd appreciate it!

I don't really know what Adobe photoshop elements is :confused: but something similar to what Amy did for lovemyshiba can be done with the stuff in my links..I don't know about elements but I use (photoshop 6.0) but if its anything the same then the links I have explain stuff like that..kinda..lmao

slleipnir
04-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Amy, how did you make that shape and flowers? lol :) Just curious

I'm just guessing here as there is prob different way..one way you could get the shape though is using the Marquee tool, fill it in with w/e, copy and paste it (in the same spot just to make it a new layer) then use the dropshadow..as for the flowers I don't know lol I'd like to know also hehe! Looks like it was just cut out and pasted also :confused:

primabella
04-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks for explaining it. Bahh, too much work. I'll stick to boring old squares and rectangles ;)

Sorry to bring this up again but rather than PM you again, I have another question :p

How did you get the color to change from purple to yellow like that in Emily's signature? Did you use the color fill? Thanks :)

slleipnir
04-18-2003, 08:13 PM
You probably are getting annoyed with me answering when your asking Amy lol..I think thats the gradient tool..(fades 2 colors together..) I don't mean to be rude I hope it doesn't seem that way..

jenluckenbach
04-18-2003, 08:16 PM
OK, I have Adobe photoshop 5.5 (Probably as old as the hills, I know, but whatch gonna do?) The question is:
If I wanted to take a separate picture of each of my cats and get them together so I can save it as one entity....Is that possible? (if yes, THEN I will continue with more question)

Karen
04-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Sure you can. Just open one of them, then go under the Image menu to "canvas size, and type in a bigger number. Make sure your "mode" is set to RGB (also under the Image menu). Open your other images, select all, copy, then go to the first image and say "paste." Each image will be in its own layer, (see the "Windows" menu, show layers) you can them move them around, and when you have them all in, say SAVE!

popcornbird
04-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the gradient tool tip slleipnir, and thanks for starting this thread Amy! We've had the PhotoShop CD since last year, but my brother used it and I never installed it on my computer. I *just* installed it two days ago and am starting to figure it out. Its pretty cool! :D I'll be coming to this thread often for tips! The gradient tool really helped me figure out what I wanted to learn without much headache! :p

primabella
04-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
You probably are getting annoyed with me answering when your asking Amy lol..I think thats the gradient tool..(fades 2 colors together..) I don't mean to be rude I hope it doesn't seem that way..

No, as long as I get my questions answered, it's all good ;) Thanks! What does the gradient tool icon look like? I can't find it.

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Do you seehttp://www.unavoidable.net/tutorials/bucket.jpg ? Click and hold it and you'll see the gradient tool :D (it has white kinda fading into black for its icon)

popcornbird
04-19-2003, 12:36 PM
No, as long as I get my questions answered, it's all good ;) Thanks! What does the gradient tool icon look like? I can't find it.

Here's an arrow pointing to it. :) I was playing around with it yesterday. Its really cool! :D

Primabella, I want to ask you how you made Nebo and Oz's awards with PhotoShop. :)

primabella
04-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Aaah, I see it now. Thanks! :)

Popcornbird - What do you mean, how did I make them? I used Bevel and Emboss to make it kinda pop out. Is that what you mean? Sorry, I don't get it. lol :p

popcornbird
04-19-2003, 03:49 PM

Popcornbird - What do you mean, how did I make them? I used Bevel and Emboss to make it kinda pop out. Is that what you mean? Sorry, I don't get it. lol :p

Yeah that's what I mean. LOL

Now where are the Bevel and Emboss features? ;)

slleipnir
04-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Its under layer | layer style . I believe something has to be selected 1st :]

primabella
04-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Yeah. Make sure the Layer you want Beveled or Embossed is highlighted. :) (or you have clicked on it)

slleipnir
04-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Is anyone gonna use those things I made? Cause questions ppl are asking are in there..I'll just deleted them off of my site if not..I thought they'd be a good way to help but anyway guess not.

Freckles
04-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Is anyone gonna use those things I made? Cause questions ppl are asking are in there..I'll just deleted them off of my site if not..I thought they'd be a good way to help but anyway guess not.

Thanks for the warning. I printed them all because all of these tutorials are useful.

Thanks for your help.

slleipnir
04-20-2003, 01:23 PM
I won't delete them if ppl are going to use them..but it didn't seem like anyone was :(

jenluckenbach
04-20-2003, 06:47 PM
OK. A follow up question. I made my layers and saved it as one entity. but it was not accepted by Image Station. That is when I looked at it more closely. It is saved as a .psd (photoshop) file, not a .jpg. I saw where I could save it as .gif, and I knew that was accepted by Image station, but when I uploaded it only the thumbnail works. When you zoom in to bring up the full size version you get the imfamous red "X". You can click on it to bring up the picture but when you paste that address in your user profile, it comes up with that "temporarily unavailable" that I have seen several times. HELP!

slleipnir
04-20-2003, 07:04 PM
If you go to layer, flatten image it will let you save as jpg or w/e then should let imagestation upload ;]

jenluckenbach
04-20-2003, 08:02 PM
thank you!! Ithink it's going to work. Even if I only learn one thing at a time, I AM learning.

slleipnir
04-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Your welcome :] Your sig looks really good :]

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
OK,this is like the stupidest(sp?) question yet but here goes..

Where could you find a cd for this program(i 4got what its called im so stupid)o no duh i need to kno the name of the thread....ok Where could you find a cd for Adobe Photoshop??(as in what store)

Im hopeless aren't I?and my friends think im a computer wiz...lmao

popcornbird
04-21-2003, 02:34 PM
You can get Adobe PhotoShop from Fry's Electronics or any other computer store.

slleipnir
04-21-2003, 02:39 PM
It's quite expensive however..atleast in Canada it is lol

popcornbird
04-21-2003, 02:40 PM
It's quite expensive however..atleast in Canada it is lol

It is VERY expensive. We got it from another country when we went for vacation 2 years ago. VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY cheap there! We just happened to go to a computer store with my cousins and ended up getting like 70 cds. :rolleyes:

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 04:32 PM
umm...neva heard of fry electronics...does anyone kno if you could get it @ radio shack..nm that burnt down last nite...could u possbly order online and i have 92 dollars saved from doing odd jobs (petsitting mostly)woudl that be enough?

popcornbird
04-21-2003, 04:36 PM
I thought Frys Electronics was in the whole US! :eek: I've seen it in several states. Maybe its not in all... :confused:

Radio Shack? Hmmm....................I doubt they sell software. You can buy it at any computer store. Do you have Staples where you live? They probably have it.

Karen
04-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Frys is just on the West Coast, as far as I know, I've never seen one myself except when we were in California to see JackiesDaisy.

Look for it at http://pricewatch.com - it's probably a lot cheaper online than at a place like Staples.

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 04:40 PM
yeaa staples rite next to my trusty 24 hour A&P(me and my friends were seen there @ 2:00 because we ran outta candy and junk)....in our pajamas....no one cared....lol...yeaaa...but my debate is now..

ADOBE
or
JASC?

which one would u choose

slleipnir
04-21-2003, 05:50 PM
I don't think 94 bucks is enough :x its almost 1000 in canadian money (not sure what that is US) my moms friend gave it to me, thats how I got it. Jasc PSP is good and even better for the price. I personally like adobe better but if I had to buy either or (or I couldn't have it) then I'd def go with jasc. I really think adobe is over priced :x

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 05:59 PM
WOW! can anyone tell me us money?

luckies4me
04-21-2003, 06:16 PM
I have both Adobe and Jasc. Jasc Paint Shop Pro also comes with Animation Shop? which I use to make my gifs and animations, like flashing avitars. :)

Paint Shop Pro has very good elements, like the blinds effect which I absolutely LOVE (have it on my site) the sunburst effect which sprays a big bolt of sun and rays in whichever photo you want. Paint Shop Pro also has a LOT MORE brushes you can download, and masks as well.

If your into web design PSP is good at that also. It has an image map maker, which I use...yes I like to cheat lol. Face it, it's a pain in the but trying to figure out points yourself. If anyone has any PSP ?'s fire away. :)

aly
04-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Photoshop Elements is less expensive than Photoshop 7.0. Photoshop Elements is around $100

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 06:25 PM
i should have asked this question..which one is cheaper..i kno i once had a trial of jasc ....maybe ill try to find a trial of adobe!anywhos...im really stupid...whats a psp?yes,and i do make sites infact a lotta ppl @ school asked for a site....and umm..

NEWSFLASH:
greedyanimal.com

INfo-@ tuturiols one for adobe and jasc...just something i found when i was looking for the font new romantics...

ok im done...thx luckies4me!!the stuff sounds really kewl

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 06:59 PM
d/l jasc as we speak

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 beta..NO IDEA!!

AmylovesMisty
04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
I HAVE JASC D/L it FREE from JASC.COM!!..can this be a jasc/adobe questions answered thread too...!!im soooo clueless avril was a colored pencil pentagon with big tan splatches..no offfense just a practice image.....lol MORE STUFF!!

slleipnir
04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I have both Adobe and Jasc. Jasc Paint Shop Pro also comes with Animation Shop? which I use to make my gifs and animations, like flashing avitars. :)

Paint Shop Pro has very good elements, like the blinds effect which I absolutely LOVE (have it on my site) the sunburst effect which sprays a big bolt of sun and rays in whichever photo you want. Paint Shop Pro also has a LOT MORE brushes you can download, and masks as well.

If your into web design PSP is good at that also. It has an image map maker, which I use...yes I like to cheat lol. Face it, it's a pain in the but trying to figure out points yourself. If anyone has any PSP ?'s fire away. :)

I agree. I have both alos. I love the Ani shop and the image mapper ;] But, you can get just as much brushes for for adobe as PSP. Adobe does have elements PSP doesn't have which is the things I love about it. I use both programs tho lol.I paid 100 ans some dollars for it (psp) I think it would be around 50-70 US I really think PSP is more worth the money then Adobe

Karen
04-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard for graphic arts professionals. If you have any interest in that field, or in publishing, it might be worth the investment. Just for playing around, I don't think it matters, but if you are going to learn a program, why not learn something that will be applicable in other areas of your life in the future?

popcornbird
04-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Frys is just on the West Coast, as far as I know, I've never seen one myself except when we were in California to see JackiesDaisy.

Look for it at http://pricewatch.com - it's probably a lot cheaper online than at a place like Staples.

Its not only on the west coast. Its in several states as well as Texas, but its not in the whole country as I assumed. I thought it would be in NY but guess not. lol

Maybe try Amazon.com?

AmylovesMisty
04-22-2003, 04:40 PM
yeah..you know since im young im just playing around ...i got jasc but its not letting me d/l the animation shop..anyway i have STUPID adgif for that...even tho i got no idea how to resize it so its not blah..anyways...i might have some questions like how do u do something worth it and NOW i kno what PSP means..paint shop pro..alrite now everything makes sense...lol....alrite im gonna go post on some new threads...bye!

popcornbird
05-06-2003, 11:56 AM
New question.....

How do you cut a picture as a circle or other shape in PhotoShop, and paste it onto another *as a circle without white corners around it* picture (like a background for a signature)?

slleipnir
05-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Do you mean the picture itself is a circle? If I get what your saying..then you need to paste it to a transparent bg and save it as a .gif..is that what you ment?

popcornbird
05-06-2003, 02:02 PM
No. You'll get it if you look at my sig.

The way I cut Popcorn and Muffin's pictures as an oval, and pasted them to the signature background as an oval, without getting white corners around it to make it a square/rectangle. I know several softwares have this feature. Does PhotoShop have it too? *Cutting part of a picture as a circle*

Like in lovemyshiba's last signature that Amy made, the pictures of the pups were cut as ovals, if I remember. Maybe Amy can answer this question :)

AmylovesMisty
05-06-2003, 07:51 PM
this thread is back!!yay..even though im a jasc person im willing to answer any other jasc peoples questions! I dont have an answer to your question..if you see a box that you can select squares,rectangles,triangles etc. if u find an oval i think that might work but ive never used adobe so dont mind me if you have no idea what im talking about

slleipnir
05-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Just use the Marquee tool, click and hold it in (the marquee) and select the oval marquee..works for me

popcornbird
05-07-2003, 12:11 AM
OMG! I got it! Thanks SO much! :D:D:D

Just 1 month ago, I didn't know ANYTHING about PhotoShop but opening a new picture on it! Now I know so much! Thanks so much everyone! :D

zanzanfergie
05-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Ooh and it's paid off PCB...I love your new sig! ;)

trayi52
10-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey, I would love to see this thread keep going, there is so much that I don't know about photoshop, and some of the other programs, it would really help people like me that are new and want to learn these photo programs, like photoshop. It is completely confusing to me. Popcorn suggested that I try this thread, well I feel like a child, I don't understand things very easily, and forget too easily. I guess I need step by step insturctions, like a small child would need. I find this very interesting. I want to learn so much how to make the signatures.
Thanks to all. :confused:

Willie, the :confused: one.

slleipnir
10-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Hi :) I've been using photoshop for a while now. I'd be more then happy to help you with anything I can. Feel free to PM me or AIM/MSN me. I love to be of help. I was thinking of making a new thread for this just the other day :x so weird you brought it up today lol :x

dukedogsmom
10-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks! I think my brother is getting me this for Christmas so I'll have to be sure and bookmark this thread.

trayi52
10-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I wish you would start one on this subject, you could be our teacher.:D , I have this one signature, but I would like to have another one to include some of the other pets I have that I want to start new threads on, for instance I have a Capuchin monkey, a cockateil, some chihuahuas, a ferret, anyway I would like to include some of their pictures in it. Popcorn was sweet enough to make one for me, but I really want to learn this myself. You know how it is, sometimes its just more fun doing it yourself, and I am always wanting to learn new things, I love a challenge, and this is about the most enormous challenge I have come across, I look at the help files, but those help files tells me nothing except that I'm not smart enough to understand them. :confused: , I just get more confused I would love it if there was a program that would let you take lessons and go step by step, like in the class I took in college that taught me how to use Office 2000. I need educated on this subject, I wish this college would offer that. Yeah, I'm 50 years old and decided to start college about two years ago, but have took a break for awhile. I would appreiciate any help you can give me. Isn't that popcorn the most precious young lady? Hard to believe somebody her age has so much common sense. :) . Well thanks for replying to this post so fast teacher, when does class begin?;)

trayi52
10-24-2003, 09:52 PM
By the way slleipnir, I would also like to learn how to make my avatar flash different pictures like yours does. :)

Willie (thats my real name, I hate it, because I am a woman with a guy name)

slleipnir
10-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Hm. You probably want to learn the basics first eh? Once you get the hang of photoshop, its really easy! So no saying your 'stupid' only I'm aloud to call myself that ;) heh.
http://unavoidable.net/adobebasic.htm I made this tutorial a while ago which absolutely no one uses..-cries- which how to use all the basic tools. So that might help you a little to get started :D (not sure if you knew thatmuch or not..I'm just assuming you've never used it before???) Anywho. The first step to making a sig, let say a simple version of what PCB did for you in your sig. Gather all your images, of course. Now, you can do what PCB did, and have a white background which is easy enough. Simply make a new image (whatever size you want your sig to be) and pick white under the 'contents' part of making a new image. (file - new) Or if you want a BG, like I have, simply find one you want, and have it open and ready for when you need to use it. Now its time your crop your images. The polygonal lasso is a good tool to start off with for this. Only its most likely set on lasso tool right now, so click and hold that lasso button on your tool palate till 3 options pop up. Just pick the polygonal tool :) *use the tutorial if you need help here, it shows the diff tools*

So now your ready to cut out your image! Go to your first image, lets say one of your birds you want in your sig. Use the lasso tool and click all around the image till your back where you started, it will then join up and make a marquee around the part you cut out (so you get only your image, not the BG) Now. Copy it (ctrl c) and go to your bg image, whether it be white or an image and hit ctrl v. This will paste your image onto your new bg.

(BTW, you can also do it like PCB did. Use the marquee tool and select a circle or square or what not around the bird or whatever you want in your sig. Do the same thing as other option (ie: ctrl c, ctrl v)

Now, with either one you desided to do, this step can/will apply to both. You probably want to smooth the edges a little. I start by using the blur tool. Just use it and go over all the edges. This will kinda blend it together with the bg a little making it cleaner looking :)

Now if you want, you can take it one step farther and use an option called 'outter glow' (one of my fav tools :D) To do this, go to Layer (at the top) layer options - outter glow. Play around this this. The settings I usually do is something like. blend mode: normal opacity: 70-100% depending. and leave the rest unless you want the outter glow bigger or smaller. (also pick a color you want)

Thats pretty much the basics to it. Not sure if it all made sense as it does to me seeing I've only done it 50 million times. So let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to go more indepth. It takes time I guess, but you'll get use to it. Its a great program. Really hope I was of help!!

(sry so long..) :rolleyes:

slleipnir
10-24-2003, 10:37 PM
As for my avatar, I did that in Paintshop Pro's animation shop. Adobe unfortunatly doesn't have animation stuff, so you'll have to use something like animation shop or something along those lines :)

Karen
10-24-2003, 10:48 PM
While Photoshop itself doesn't have animation options, you can create the "frames" in Photoshop, and then make them into an animation in Adobe's ImageReady, which comes with some versions of Photoshop.

popcornbird
10-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Isn't that popcorn the most precious young lady? Hard to believe somebody her age has so much common sense. :) .

:o :o Awww thanks! :o :o

I'm glad you found the thread. I told you to search for it because I was too lazy to look for it, but I would have done that for you if I wasn't in such a lazy mood. :o Hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

trayi52
10-24-2003, 11:56 PM
slleipnir, karen, and popcorn,
Thanks for the replys, slleipnir I have bookmarked the link you gave me, I think that will help me out, and your right I haven't used it much, the only thing I seem to be able to do in photoshop is resize pictures and I'm not very good at this. If it had not been for popcorn our little angel, well I don't know what I would have done, because my signature was completely out of control. Karen, thanks for telling me about paintshop pro, seems like I have a copy of that here somewhere, I have been around computers along time, and have bought programs, (because of my addition to computers) and not even install them. Sometimes I feel like Lucille Ball on one of her episodes, where she buys about 10 irons, because she found them on sale. I mean I don't even want to buy one iron much less buy 10, but I have the same problem except mine is for software, and I love ebay, you can find anything on ebay, I'm hooked on ebay as well as Pet Talk, yes I am now addicted. Anyway I have found some really good deals on softeware on there, including Office 2000, and of course, I bought Office xp on there, but I haven't even installed it yet. I keep telling myself, how can Office get any better than 2000, so Office xp just sits in my desk lockbox waiting for the moment I decide to install it. So I guess I need to see if I have that program Paint Shop Pro, wasn't it?
Oh, by the way popcorn, you are not lazy, you are busy, forming your life.:)

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:29 AM
I only really use PSP for the animation shop it comes with (if you buy the later versions I believe) but like Karen said, you could use Adobe Image ready. I personally like PSP for animations -_- Other then that, I like photoshop better. :D

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 12:33 AM
No actually.........I was lazy at that time. :p Very lazy. Hehehehe

Schlepy, I'm checking out that link you posted, to see if I can learn anything else. Wow, you did a good job on that! Maybe you should become an Adobe PhotoShop teacher. ;) Hehehehe :p

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:39 AM
lol That would be neat if I could explain stuff, but I suck at describing things..like if you read the tutorials -_- it makes no sense lol. I need to redo it because I left stuff out. BUT, if you'd like to join my class..-evil grin and takes out ruler slapping it on desk- lol jk ;)

trayi52
10-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Hey popcorn,
Thats what I told her, I went so far as to call her our teacher. So I guess, we just need to find out exacly when class begins. Of course I am trying some of the things she told me in the post. Hey am I suposed to resize the image first before cropping?? Because I just picked one without resizing and it filled my whole background up??????:confused:

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. :) I've also started to finally learn how to use my adobe photoshop. I only have the 5.0 version though because it came free with my digital camera.:)

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Hey am I suposed to resize the image first before cropping?? Because I just picked one without resizing and it filled my whole background up??????:confused:

In that case, yeah, I would resize it :) (Well, you could always make the bg bigger I guess lol)

As for class..hm. I get to assign homework >:]

trayi52
10-25-2003, 12:59 AM
We will comply. :D so give us homework, and if you have get the ruler out, you may need it.:D

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Woot! :p Did that stuff before all make sense?

trayi52
10-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey slleipnir and Karen,
Look at my avatar, how does it look, first one I have done like that, whats my grade teacher????????:) :D

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey, even I don't know how to do those! I never tried! :o :p :p He he he!

I'm not your teacher..........but I give you an A+!!!!

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Yay, looks great! I'd give you an A :D

trayi52
10-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Thank you girls, willie says with a bow, I know it still needs some work, like filling in those black spaces around some of them. I am still working on that and playing around with the signature in photoshop. The instructions you have given me are great, I guess that will be hit and miss for awhile until I "create" my first one for exibition, Thanks.:) :D

dukedogsmom
01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I've got photoshop cs(for 30 day anyway) and want to know how you change the color for the pattern stamp tool. I'm going to try and make some really good sigs before my trial period runs out because it will be a long time before I can buy this.