PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please help me?

Tina
04-12-2003, 11:03 AM
I've know it has been asked before. But I was wondering if someone could tell me how to use Adobe Photoshop? I want to make a better singature than I have know. So could some please PM me some instructions how to start? I know how to resize the pictures and that is it.

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Ask me a specific question and I can give you a specific answer...it's hard to just "tell you how to use it" as it's a pretty complicated program. :)

Karen
04-12-2003, 11:06 AM
You question is far too broad. What version of Photoshop do you have? Do you have the manual? What are you wanting to do with it?

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:09 AM
There seems to be a lot of people on here that need help with photoshop. I'm going to start a thread, that way we can answer all the questions to everyone! :)

Tina
04-12-2003, 11:11 AM
I have Photoshop 7.0 and no we do not have the manual it got lost somewhere. What I'm talking about is signature that you can add different borders,backgrounds? So that you can but different pics? I have no idea what I'm talking about? I don't know what term you use?

Tina
04-12-2003, 11:29 AM
I'd like to know how to make a signature like Cookiebaker's or Popcornbird's or something similar to their's? I have no idea what kind of question to ask? I'm such a idiot when it comes to stuff like this:(

Karen
04-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Tina
I have Photoshop 7.0 and no we do not have the manual it got lost somewhere. What I'm talking about is signature that you can add different borders,backgrounds? So that you can but different pics? I have no idea what I'm talking about? I don't know what term you use?

It seems like you are needing to use layers. Make an RGB blank image the size you want your final to be, then fill it with a color. That will be your background. Any pictures, graphics or type you want to add, you can "cut" from their individual files, and "paste" onto your "banner-size" document. Then you can scale them down to fit, if they don't already. To move them around, you need your "layers" palette open, find that under the "Window" menu over toward the right side of the menu bar at the top of your screen.

Any type you ad, and any thing you past in, is automatically in it's own layer.

At the end, when you have everything just the way you want it, save it once as a Photoshop file, and then "save a copy as ..." and do NOT include layers, for your flattened jpeg file.

primabella
04-12-2003, 01:09 PM
I asked Amy how to make a nice fancy frame and she gave me great instructions! I have Adobe 6.0 but it is still similar. After awhile, you figure out how to use it and how to add certain things to make it look better.

Staring a thread would be a great idea, Amy. :D

Tina
04-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Karen
It seems like you are needing to use layers. Make an RGB blank image the size you want your final to be, then fill it with a color. That will be your background. Any pictures, graphics or type you want to add, you can "cut" from their individual files, and "paste" onto your "banner-size" document. Then you can scale them down to fit, if they don't already. To move them around, you need your "layers" palette open, find that under the "Window" menu over toward the right side of the menu bar at the top of your screen.

Any type you ad, and any thing you past in, is automatically in it's own layer.

At the end, when you have everything just the way you want it, save it once as a Photoshop file, and then "save a copy as ..." and do NOT include layers, for your flattened jpeg file.

Ok, Thankyou so much Karen! I'll go try it out in alittle bit:) Thankyou so much for your help:D

Tina
04-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Ok how do you make a RGB blank file?