PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed dogs!! UGH!!!!!

moosmom
04-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Well, me and Ashley went to the field one block down from her house. There was a girl with 2 unleashed dogs. One was a Jack Russell Terrier and the other one was this old black dog (a little bigger than Ashley) with a gray face. They sniffed through the fence (there are 3 entrances with no way to prevent them from getting out onto the street). There was no growling or anything. In fact they were both wagging their tails.

Many of you met Ashley at Findlay Park in Ohio. She's a sweet dog who is very dog friendly.

Just to be on the safe side, I decided to go to the END of the field. As I entered the field, the bigger black dog attacked Ashley, who was on a leash. :eek: Fortunately, neither dog was injured. On the darker side, I may have broken my big toe trying to break them up. As I pulled Ashley's leash, I fell on my right foot. Ashley got out of her collar and started running towards home. I went running after her (one shoe was still in the entranceway to the park)

The kid's mother came gingerly walking out of the house asking what happened. I told her her UNLEASHED dog attacked my LEASHED dog. I yelled to the kid (she was at least 17 and should've KNOWN better :mad: So should her mother! :mad: :mad:

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!! :mad: :mad:

There, I'm finished venting now. Thanks for listening.

wolf_Q
04-12-2003, 11:04 AM
:mad: I would be pissed too. I HATE it when people let their dogs roam loose. I think that's a good reason a lot of people don't like those with dogs......Can't blame them sometimes, as it drives me crazy too.

Poor Ashley, and your poor toe! :eek: I'm glad you chewed out the dogs owners, they deserved it. People have no right to let dogs just run loose like that, especially if they don't have control over the dog...which is obvious since the dog ran over and attacked Ashley! The sad thing is that half of the houses around here let their dogs just roam around 24/7, never supervised. :mad:

primabella
04-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I can relate to this abit.

I just took Mickey out for his walk and we were walking on the sidewalk. This lady was taking down her temp-o and had her dog just there. The dog's tail was wagging so I figured it would be okay to pass by them. Instead, he just ran after Mickey. The lady screamed out "NO!" and grabbed onto this really thin (and not strong at all) rope that was tied to his collar. The dog was thisclose to tearing away at Mickey. We crossed the street to the other side and the dog was still eyeing Mickey.

Honestly, what kind of 'leash' is that? I don't even think it was tied to anything...just laying around. It's a good thing she caught it in time. :mad:

Cheshirekatt
04-12-2003, 02:11 PM
That really irks me. People can be so irresponsible. :mad:

kingrattus
04-12-2003, 10:59 PM
I can relate, I was once walking a neighbours dog (I was training her to walk on a halti) through some neighbourhood streets by the big park, when 2 HUGE GSD came storming out of a backyard snarling & snapping & eyeing Sandy (the dog I was walking). Sandy tried to run, but I wouldn't let go, I grabbed her with all my strength, flopped her on my shoulder, screamed & ran for our lives towards the hwy. its pretty scary how much u can lift & how fast u can run when ur scared for ur life... the dog weighed about 70 pounds & I was maybe 5 feet tall & about 12yrs at the time

wolfsoul
04-13-2003, 12:28 AM
People can be so stupid :( :eek:

I only take Timber or Leather off-leash when we are in a field, or the beach or other open unpopulated areas. I know that Timber can sometimes have a mind of her own, and may take off after animals, or another dog, or jump up on people and scare them. Leather could also get in a fight with another dog or scare someone because of her size and breed.

Cisco's Mom
04-13-2003, 11:51 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bluekat
04-13-2003, 12:41 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Good thing no one was injured though. I was taking a walk this morning with my mom, and suddenly, this big dog came running towards us. Obviously, he wasn't on a leash........he jumped up to my mom and started licking her all over. Since there was some mud there, me and my mom got mud on us by the dog!

kingrattus
04-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Max isn't tied or leashed at all & thats only cause we know 100% that he wont go anywhere, His fav thing to do is lay on the front lawn (while dad is mowing or just sitting on the steps) & watch people walk, run, bike drive by & he never gets up unless someone calls him over or askes if its ok to pet the dog.. He doesn't even get up if a dog walks by, not even when the dog wants to play by pulling or barking... Max just doesn't care, but there is one person who he'll run up to no matter what we do.

Theres this crippled guy named Elwood (he walks with crutches attached to his arms, cause his legs r bent in diff directions & can't support his weight 100%) that Max just loves to death, Elwood use to be scared of large dogs only cause they bark in fear of his crutches or they jump on him & knock him over, but Max just stands beside & infront of him so he can be scratched by Elwood.

Oh & he loves the postman. The postman always calls him over so he can scratch Max & play with him quickly.

Good old Max

ramanth
04-14-2003, 11:07 AM
OMG!!! Poor Ashley and poor you! :(

I hope Ashley is okay and I hope you are feeling better!

Grrrrrr stupid people. :mad:

lovemyshiba
04-14-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone's ok--it's funny you posted this, because I had this problem today too.
Across the street, there's a golden named Max--he's nice enough to me and my husband, but he is dog aggressive. I went to take Kito out yesterday, and I looked out the window, and there was Max in our front yard. I walked out (alone), and told Max to find his home, and he walked me right to his house, and his mom had no idea he had gone anywhere. I explained to her that I have 3 dogs, one of whom is not too fond of other dogs either, and could she please make sure Max is leashed or in the yard. "No problem" she tells me--guess who was in the yard again this morning:rolleyes:
Doesn't this lady even care that her dog could get hit by a car or something?? He's very nice, but I don't want him in my yard.

NoahsMommy
04-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh my gosh!!! That is horrible!!!! :mad:

I hope you are both feeling better now....I would have been so upset!! Grr!