PDA

View Full Version : Oops, I did it again.

PaysForIt
04-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Well, PayItforward did anyway...

Meet Milo.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/Milo.jpg

We've also mysterisously aquired a cat tree.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/cattree.jpg

But at least George and Milly and behaving a little better.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bedtime.jpg

PayItForward
04-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Hopefully Milo will be Millys' playful friend. But he is settling in the spare room first.

Is he a tuxedo kitty ?

He's 1 year old and we found him at our Cats Protection Shelter.

Oh my god.. We are now a 3 cat house.

TheAntiPam
04-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Hurray for Milo - and Hurray for you! Congratulations on finding such a beautiful tux boy! I'm sending loads of good wishes for your kitties, your people, and your cat tree - may it be well and lovingly used!

Karen
04-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Yup, he looks like a classic Tuxedo kitty! Congratulations!

moosmom
04-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Oh my god.. We are now a 3 cat house.

It's only the beginning :D :D :D :D

Welcome Milo!!

kimlovescats
04-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Congratulations on your beautiful new tux boy!!! He's so handsome!!! :)

PayItForward
04-12-2003, 11:35 AM
We went into the shelter big viewing room. There was axprox 6/7 cats in there.

I sat on the floor to get closer to the cats. Milo walked straight up to me meiow and jumped into my lap. It was love at first sight.

Milo is such a friendly boy, he rolled around on my lap asking for belly tickles and giving me contiously head bumps. As he wouldn't get off my lap, we had to adopt him :D :D :D

And as we accidently on purpose had the cat carrier in the boot of the car. We took him home there and then.

BTW
I am very impressed with the shelter, as we haven't been to this one before. But while we were visting cats they turned away two groups wanting a cat.

:The two heavily made up 13 year olds with cat basket. (Sorry we don't let minors adopt cats)

:A group of students wanting a kitten. (Sorry we don't let students/people who live in rental homes unless landlord agrees in writing, adopt cats)

I am so pleased that they are careful, where these precious kittys go.

And they want some photos of Milo after he has settled.

rg_girlca
04-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Boy Milo, you're no dummy are you. You knew exactly what to do didn't ya fella. Get to the human before the others and play cutesy with her. It worked didn't it. Good for you.

Boy I am really impressed on hearing how that shelter runs. I wish a lot more were like that.

BTW I love that cat tree.

batgirl1980
04-12-2003, 01:12 PM
WHOO HOOOO!!!!
Welcome home Milo! What a handsome boy.. and LOOK at that cat tree.. :eek: my babies are jealous! ;)

as for 3 cats... lovely isn't it??? I just know that when i'm out of my apartment, and have a better financial situation, i'll be catching up to jen!!! :D :D :D (who by then will prolly have 30.. but thats a nice goal for me, don't ya think? LOL)

Congrats again on ur newest addition!

PayItForward
04-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks...I just feel so mean leaving Milo upstairs in the spare room, when we are all downstairs in front of the real fire in the living room.

PS. The real fire as seemed to have calmed Milly down temporaly. George is on a pillow in front of the fire and Milly is asleep on the sofa near me. Peace at last. Bet it doesn't last long.:D

Rocky'smomma
04-12-2003, 05:08 PM
I love the pictures!!! They look soo sweet!

shais_mom
04-12-2003, 05:45 PM
He is so pretty!!
Congratulations!!!

Steffi N
04-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Milo, you are very handsome. Welcome to your new home and family. Looking forward to more pictures.

jenluckenbach
04-12-2003, 06:10 PM
HEE HEE # 3

congratulations on adopting Milo. What a handsome tuxie!

:D :D :D

PayItForward
04-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, as you pointed out Milly needed a playmate. Lets just keep all fingers crossed that they actually play with each other.

Our Milly has spent the last couple of hours trying to get
under the tiny gap under the spare bedroom door, to get to Milo.

George is relaxing in front of our real fire in the living room, happy that Milly has ceased bouncing on his head and is trying to get into the spare room.

Milo is enjoying our visits to his room and is sitting on the windowledge looking hopefully at our garden.

I can't wait to get Milo out of the spare room, he is so friendly but we need to introduce them slowly.

Ps. Note we got a cat tree too. :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Congrats on your third kitty Milo. :D He's gorgeous. I've always found that 3 is the magic number to have as far as cats are concerned. :) Three just seems to make the cats more harmonious. I sure hope it will for you too. :)

PayItForward
04-13-2003, 04:47 AM
lol. As I read your post, Milly (from top of cat tree) lauched herself at George (asleep on windowsill), in a bid to get noticed.

We need Milo the peace keeper, I hope you are right about three being a magic number.

Well our cats are going upstairs into different rooms for a while and Milo is coming out to explore for bit.:D :D

catmandu
04-13-2003, 12:47 PM
i have adopted a number of cats , 20 in all , and have v=never regetted it for a moment , as they give you more in love than you can ever give them! there are 13 here now and I am feeding 4 on the back porch. My cats will even be spoken for after I am at the rainbow Brige , and I can go to my final home , justified!

PayItForward
04-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I admire your dedication of time, energy and money to give furever homes to so many cats.

We are aiming for a happy home with happy co-existing cats.
Each of our cats is wonderful in a different way and we are hopeful that they will get on/become friends in the future.

We have already received so much love from George in the 6 months since we adopted him, which is why we wanted to adopted Milly & Milo (New name pending)

May both our homes continue to be full of purrs in the future.

NoahsMommy
04-13-2003, 08:28 PM
How exciting!! Milo is a gorgeous guy! :)

Gosh, it makes me feel so much better when someone else gets three cats in one year.... :) You wont regret it, three really is a good number. I loved when we just had the three...that meant I could get MORE!!! :D ;)

I love the new cat tree! Do the furkids like it??

rosethecopycat
04-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Milo,

Now I can see the 'stylish high boots' you have on.

Ordinary mittens just wouldn't do, would they?

You're a cutie!

(I've got a big soft spot of Tuxes)

:p

PayItForward
04-14-2003, 04:30 AM
NoahsMommy

Gosh so getting three cats in a year is normal.I am not the only one to get addicted to cats. Thats good. As long as we stick at three.
PaysForIt, my partner & Me have decided this cat is definately the last cat,In this house.Opps

Ps. I must confess, we also spotted a cat called Sooty at the shelter who was as good natured and laid back as George. I could just see them cuddling up together. But we were looking for someone to play with Milly, hence we adopted Milo. I'm just going to ring back next week and check he was adopted.

rosethecopycat

Oh so Milly has mittens (just the foot) and Milo (our boy!!!) is storming around in thight length boots on his back paws.
Well Milo is such a tart!! He spend all last night spinning around and around in my lap, asking for attention. Cute.

PaysForIt
04-14-2003, 04:50 AM
Me a tart? Surely you mean that other cat...
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/tart.jpg

lynnestankard
04-14-2003, 05:39 AM
PIF - He's a lovely tux cat! From the sound of it - your gonna have lots of fun with those three!! I agree that ' Three is the Magic Number'!
Milo looks so at home both on your knee and on the sofa. I think he's on a 'take over' bid - Go for it Milo!!!
That shelter sounds wonderful - it's so nice when they don't just give the cats to just anyone.
I love the cat tree in the middle of the living room - I saw a great one yesterday - it was HUGE, course Don's answer was 'We've no room!' Wait til I show him that picture!!! (Thanks!:D )

Lynne

HayleyRosie
04-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Milo is a real cutie. Congratulations!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Congratulations!!! Milo is definitley a tuxie, and an adorable one at that. :)

I sure hope Milly gets to meet Milo soon. I'm sure poor George will appreciate the diversion for Milly. And it looks like the cat tree is somewhat of a success with George up high so Milly can't "bounce on his head." :D

Remember to keep the camera handy for the much awaited introduction of Milo to Milly & George! :D

NoahsMommy
04-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
NoahsMommy

Gosh so getting three cats in a year is normal.I am not the only one to get addicted to cats. Thats good. As long as we stick at three.
PaysForIt, my partner & Me have decided this cat is definately the last cat,In this house.Opps

Ps. I must confess, we also spotted a cat called Sooty at the shelter who was as good natured and laid back as George. I could just see them cuddling up together. But we were looking for someone to play with Milly, hence we adopted Milo. I'm just going to ring back next week and check he was adopted.

Yes, perfectly normal...you have a huge heart for these sweet kitties. :)

I can see why you couldn't resist him....Milo is such a cute tuxy! I love him!! I love that "tart" picture...he looks like he has a wonderful personality! :)

So...Sooty, eh? What did he/she look like?

How do you feel George is doing with the new kitties in his house?

PayItForward
04-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Sooty was a younger version of George. Same deep black fur with green slanted eyes. Lazy laidback smile.

I really liked him but we needed to get a cat that might play with Milly and Sooty would have just slept with George.

Sooty's Story
He was brought in because his mum was a victim of domestic violence, hence she had left Sooty at the shelter. The shelter had him in an upstairs room as he was upset and wasn’t eating properly. At this point my heart was broken for Sooty and his mum. Then the shelter lady said she didn’t think the ex-owner liked this cat as she kept her other cat.:mad: :mad:

How can a cat lover take 2 cats from the family home, drop one of at the local shelter but keep the other. Poor Sooty must be missing both his ungrateful mummy and his sibling.:mad:

I really want to make sure he gets a new home. I'm sure he will have one already. If we didn't need a playmate for Milly, we would have took him.

PayForIt's and me have agreed that we can't have four cats. I'm just going to ring to confirm that he's gone on Saturday. (That shelter is only open on Saturday)

jenluckenbach
04-14-2003, 05:10 PM
PayForIt's and me have agreed that we can't have four cats YET ;) :D