PDA

View Full Version : Vet time!! *worried*

tikeyas_mom
04-11-2003, 11:52 PM
this is the update,

My gerbil Sage is off to the vet tomorrow. I am not taking him though. I phoned the pet store where I got him and asked for them to pay all expenses to get him fixed and pay for meds, ect, for sellign me a sick animal.

They said they would talk to the head manager and see if that would work. They phoned back telling me I'd have to give Sage back and get my money back or a new gerbil, if I wanted him fixed. I said "NO, I love him" they said they'd phone me back again..

about 10 min later they called, saying that they had worked out a deal with the head manager.

The deal was.

I have to give Sage to PetCetera intull he is all better, then they'd give me a shout to come get him. I wont be able to see my gerbil for as long as it takes to fix his ear infection though. :(..

I am worried. I love him. I said yes to the deal and thanked the ppl for doing that for me. I am takeing Sage to them tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon. I hope they take good care of him for me :(.

I love him sooooo much.

Wolf soul if you read this, you have to check up on him EVERY day for me k. Make sure they take good care of him. I am going to be calling everyday checking up on his recovery. I am such a worrie bug. I hate being away from my pets. it is soo hard, I hope it is for the best.

CathyBogart
04-12-2003, 12:01 AM
*blinks* As someone who works in a pet store...hmm. If we tell someone something like this we usually administer a general antibiotic and hope for the best. Usually it works out okay. I hope everything works out for Sage. ^_^

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Usually it works out okay

they have a vet right in the store, it better dam well work out or eles I'll be a raging phyco path on the loose. :eek:

wolfsoul
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Hmmm...Sounds fishy to me...I would believe that they would most likely kill him and replace him with another gerbil that looks exactly like him :( PEWs are the most common type to go into the store :( But I will go in since day one and make sure there are no changes or sneakiness mwahaha

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 12:11 AM
I hope they dont put him down and replace him. I would be able to tell. i would kill.

CathyBogart
04-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
they have a vet right in the store, it better dam well work out or eles I'll be a raging phyco path on the loose. :eek:
fthey have a vet on-site then that's good, and it prolly means that everything WILL work out for the best! *happy*

Wolfsoul: We'd never go THAT far at work, and I'm hoping that most other places wouldn't either!!

TM: Maybe you could mark him with water-based marker or something. ^_^

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 12:17 AM
he would clean him self off wouldent he?? I could paint one of his toe nails with nail polish?? no that would be toxid. I dunno.

CathyBogart
04-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Oh!! *Has idea* *bounce bounce*

Trim his fur in a noticable place! *Feels smart*

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 12:49 AM
ok right on his back I'll do it :D. I thought of that but I wasnt sure if I should :). Thanks for the idea though :D. I'll do that right now.. :D.

CathyBogart
04-12-2003, 12:51 AM
(I love your avatar! Did you make it? I want a rat one! LoL)

popcornbird
04-12-2003, 02:00 AM
Awwww :( Don't worry! Hopefully everything will be alright. Just make sure you make it clear to them that you want that SAME gerbil back and you want him ALL WELL. I just hope they'll help him and give him back to you healthy. Good luck!

Ps. I love you new signature! Did you make it? ;)

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 11:09 AM
I didnt make my sig, wolfsoul did 4 me, she is such a doll :D. I love my avatar two wolfchan, I got it off a japan website. all about hamsters.

I will make it loud and clear I want the same gerbil back :).

I mad a bald spot on his back last night so they wouldent switch him. :)

wolfsoul
04-12-2003, 04:46 PM
you shouldn't have told them that you cut it's hair though...now if they do switch it, they will know to cut the other's hair :(

Jynnelle - I told everyone about what Timber did at the store, they all laughed lol

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 04:54 PM
omg, I am such a twit head. :(. I hope they dont switch him. I love timber she is soo funny lol

wolfsoul
04-12-2003, 05:01 PM
lol, it was embarrassing though...she's never done that before! If I was alone I probably would have just died right there! Silly Timber-girl..:rolleyes:

primabella
04-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Good luck with it. I hope they don't go that far as to kill and replace. That's something you would see on those family sitcoms...I didn't think it actually happened. Good luck :)

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:13 PM
I am on hold right now waiting to see if they took him in yet!!

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:16 PM
The manager said that he hasent had a chance to look at him yet because of all the heckness going on?? What the hell. Make time. I hope he isnt in that lil jar still. They placed him in a lil betta 1/2 gallon jar. *worried*

primabella
04-12-2003, 05:21 PM
I think your mistake was not bringing him to a *proper* vet. Who knows what will happen now?? I know you aren't allowed to bring him in or whatever but that would be the best thing to do. *sigh* Hopefully, he'll be looked after soon.

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:24 PM
there is a "proper" vet in their store, it is a company called Vet cetera in Pet cetera. it is really neat actully, they should use the vet more though. I dont think the manager should be looking at my gerbil at all I think the vet should :mad:

Jessica12345
04-12-2003, 05:25 PM
i thought the vet WAS looking at your gerbil?:confused: :(

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:26 PM
So did I, but the manager said He hasnt looked at it yet. Why should he be even lokking at it? I am so confused. I want my Sage back.. *cry*

primabella
04-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I have never seen any Petceteras or anything so I don't know a thing about them. Why would the manager be in the Vet's office or section or whatever he has reserved for him? Just keep calling until they check Sage out.

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
they dont even have Sage in the vets office right now, they have him in the back. I hate this, I am super worried. I called. I am going to call every 2 hours.

tatsxxx11
04-12-2003, 05:38 PM
I know how worried you must be for your dear, precious Sage. Everyone at my house will be putting their paws together and saying extra special prayers for her. You're a very special Mommy. Love, Sandra

wolfsoul
04-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Stupid manager..I've seen him before, he doesn't look like no vet to me :mad:

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 05:50 PM
I know, what a crock of crap. grrrr. thanks for your prayers tats. :) .. I am soo worried.

Tweety_Pie
04-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Maybe you should call back and make it clear that YOU want Sage checked out at the vet..not the manager!

I hope all goes well with SAGE!

CathyBogart
04-12-2003, 09:20 PM
You dropped him off on a weekend...of course there hasn't been a good opportunity yet! Give them a break.

Can you tell I'm a harried pet store employee?

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 10:09 PM
I dont think you get it wolfchan. these ppl sold me a sick animal, then they place a hurt mouse back with the other healthy ones, they dont clip their birds wing befor sellign them. . they are rediculas.

Isnt their any humain pet stores these days, geeze.

Tweety_Pie
04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
There is a PetCetera like 5 minutes away from my house and they NEVER clip their birds wings...all there birds are wild....and they arn't in healthy shape:( most of them have like pooh stuck to their bottoms and 1 of them had like snot or something coming out of it's nose...

CathyBogart
04-13-2003, 05:30 PM
I do get it.

We have a health guarantee that says you can exchange a sick animal within a week. It is not the pet store's responsibility to pay your vet bills for you.

Expecting a store to clip the wings of all of their birds is ridiculous, and if we ever get a hurt mouse returned to us we put it in the feeder bin. It's sad, but that's what happens when you combine business with live animals. That's why I (a pet store employee no less) spend much of my time at work trying to convince people to go to breeders rather than pet stores. It's just a better idea, and it discourages mass breeding of rodentia to supply pet sotres.

They're not necessarily being inhumane. Any pet store is occasionally going to get sick animals in, and every now and again they're bound to sell one to someone by mistake. People make mistakes, that's all there is to it.