PDA

View Full Version : Grad rings?

primabella
04-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Do any of you have a graduation ring from when you graduated from high school? We just got our catalogues to pick ours out. Just curious to see some pictures of some or hear what they look like. Thanks :)

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2003, 07:59 PM
This is the style of my high school ring. It is silver with a blue stone.

http://www.artcarved.com/browserings/ladies/images/designerrings.jpg

...and this is the style of my College ring. It is gold with a garnet stone

http://www.artcarved.com/browserings/ladies/diamond/images/seaswirlring.jpg

lovemyshiba
04-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Mine was the same style as Cincy's mom--and it was gold with a blue stone in it, and it had my grad year, and one of the activities I participated in it on it.
I wore it for a while in high school, but I couldn't even tell you where it is now.
I think it's nice to get one while you're in school.

slleipnir
04-11-2003, 08:55 PM
We have them too..I actually didn't like the rings, so I got a necklace charm instead. My mom has it right now so I'll try to get a pic sometime lol

sammi
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
How much (about) did you pay for your ring? I think mine was about $35.00 LOL Really!!!

I found one sorta like it but I can't get it to paste?:confused:

p.s. I also have my moms graduation ring from 1937!

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2003, 09:09 PM
I think my HS ring was inte neighborhood of $65-$70

My college ring was more inthe range of $150...

AmberLee
04-11-2003, 11:02 PM
I didn't get a high school ring (cost, mainly). My college ring looks like the 1st example Cincy's Mom posted. Gold with blue stone (Sept. birthstone) It's been a LONG time, but seems like it was in the $100 - 120 range when I got it.

wolf_Q
04-11-2003, 11:51 PM
I didn't order mine from the catalog....way too expensive. I got mine from Fred Meyer Jewelers lol.

Mine is silver with a blue stone (school color) and there is a howling wolf inside the stone. It says my high school around the stone. There is 2002 and a Viking (mascot) on once side and my name, Amy, and an art symbol on the other. Then it has my name in script inside the band.

Here's a weird pic with it in it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p2f0d6222ed3547110570a43fcb2dc771/fce1fc62.jpg

Cookiebaker
04-12-2003, 08:46 AM
When I was graduating from h.s. I had no $, and couldn't afford one. I have regretted it since, and wish that I had gotten one after all. :(

primabella
04-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I don't really want those big traditional ones. Mainly beause I have fat fingers and it would look silly, so I am looking into a small one. It kinda resembles this one that Cincy's mom posted.
http://www.artcarved.com/browserings/ladies/diamond/images/seaswirlring.jpg

But not really. I never wanted one before. They're expensive and unless you will really wear it, kinda usless...but I like that one. I don't think there will be room to put pictures though. I wanted to put an art symbol but the band is too skinny. :( Oh well...I'll keep looking into it. I really want mine with a blue stone (December stone) but I have Peridot (August stone).

moosmom
04-12-2003, 10:53 AM
CookieBaker,

You can still get a class ring. I got mine back in 1970. It was super cheap in those days. Anyway, ours was unique (Wethersfield High School, '71) in that it was the last firing of that particular style. I loved it! Unfortunately, my now ex-husband lost it in the Dunes at Cape Cod. I was SO pissed!!

After we got married, I got another one that's similar to top right of Cincy's Mom's post. I got it through a jeweler (didn't like it very much and don't wear it now. I wish I had our old style back :D ) .

Cataholic
04-12-2003, 08:59 PM
My high school ring was like the one Amy posted. I 'think' I might have worn it, can't say for certain. IF I did, it wasn't for much time. I really think they are a poor use of money. I did not get a college or grad school (do they even make one for grad school?) ring cause I knew I wouldn't wear it...so, I saved myself some money. I think it makes a little more sense to purchase a special ring that symbolizes your achievement...something with a stone you like and a style that fits your finger/hand.

I wear one ring only, a blue topaz, in an emerald cut, given to me by my mom. I love it to pieces. I wouldn't even consider wearing my high school ring today. Not the right style for me, cut, etc.

Just my opinion!!!

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 09:04 PM
No... I was going to get one. I had planned on it freshman - junior year (I had the whole ring designed and everything), but then senior year came around and I guess I lost interest. LOL. There are just SO MANY other expenses that come up senior year... I also didn't want to fork out another $100+ at that time... They are cool though :)