PDA

View Full Version : Where's Aly?

shais_mom
07-09-2001, 09:55 PM
Aly, I have been wondering where you were?
Are you busy with your feral rescue kitties?
How are they coming along?
I am anxious to hear about them, as I am sure every one is!!! :D ;) :p

Pam
07-09-2001, 10:18 PM
Good question Staci!! Where is Aly??

Sudilar
07-09-2001, 10:27 PM
Aly, we miss you. Where are you?

DogFan77
07-10-2001, 12:14 AM
Oh Aly where though are thee. (hee hee) :p

Daisy's Mom
07-10-2001, 12:36 AM
Yeah I have been wondering where she is too. Come back Aly, we miss you!

Tanya&Fritz
07-10-2001, 07:32 AM
I was just thinking the same thing when I saw this topic. Where are you Aly? We haven't heard much from Sandra either lately.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-10-2001, 08:56 AM
I have been thinking the same thing, Hello
Aly, where are you?
I also miss the wisdom of Carrie!
Jackie

Sudilar
07-10-2001, 11:07 AM
Sandra, How's Star feeling?? We miss you. Killian says HI!

Rottie
07-10-2001, 11:50 AM
Where are you, Aly? We miss you! :D :)

aly
07-11-2001, 12:51 AM
Hi guys. You are all great. I missed everyone so much too. I didn't think anyone would even notice I was gone :) I have been busy but I haven't been feeling well at all. I haven't been getting on the computer too much which is VERY unusual for me. My whole family has been out of the country and I've been down in the dumps about that too. I finally get to see my sister tomorrow after 2 months though so I'm really excited. Reece also got sick again so we're in the process of changing vets and getting him all taken care of. It looks like he's going to have to get surgery to have his anal glands removed. He also needs a teeth cleaning and we need to figure out what the problem is that keeps making him constipated.

If you guys remember Harley, he is in his new home now. He just got there last week. At least I hope he did. His foster mom emailed me telling me that he was leaving the next day. I wrote her back and asked that she give my email address to the guy who adopted him so I can keep track of him. Well I haven't heard back from her or heard from that guy and its very upsetting. I hope he is okay. I'm just so emotional, I can't think about him without crying. I miss him so much.

My ferals made amazing progress and they have all been adopted except one. The one I still have, Shadowe, is the one I am most attached to. For some reason no one wanted her. I'm trying to find a friend who wants a cat because I would feel a lot better giving her to someone I know. I have tried several introductions with Shiloh but Shiloh says we can't keep her :(

Another VERY VERY VERY upsetting thing has happened. At the shelter, two dogs came in together about two and a half weeks ago. A very sweet mini poodle and a wh fox terrier/poodle mix who grew up together. Their owners went through a messy divorce. The woman ended up somewhere where she couldnt have pets. The man called her one night and said he'd hurt the dogs if she didn't come get them. So she dropped them off at the shelter. Anyway, the dogs NEEDED to be adopted out together and it shouldn't have been too hard. But someone at the shelter adopted Tootsie, the mini poodle, out without her sister Lolly!!! This angered me and several other people. Now Lolly is just laying in her kennel and will not raise her head. She is depressed and no one will want to adopt her like that. I just found all this out tonight when I was at the shelter for obedience with Reece. I am going straight to the shelter tomorrow after school to ask them if I can foster Lolly. I am hoping Reece can get her happy and adoptable. I want her to go to a home with another dog. I will probably get attached to her and not be able to adopt her out, hehe. Here is a picture of her although its not flattering:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Tw/nm/LJ/nk47030.jpg

Notice she's a wirehair fox terrier/poodle mix? Harley is a wh fox terrier :(

Well, that is what has been going on with me. I'm going to try to catch up on everything that I've missed and I'm going to come here every day no matter how sick I am. I am feeling better though. I will feel A LOT better if I get to take Lolly home tomorrow. Ohhh my mom is gonna kill me when she hears this one. I hope all is going well with everyone here :) Thanks Sue and Rachel for your emails :)

Gio
07-11-2001, 06:24 AM
Aly,

I'm sorry to hear all this. I really hope both you and Reece are feeling better now. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Lolly, poor thing losing her owner and her companion in such a shor time.

I am pleased to hear that the kittens got adopted. I am sure that you will find a good owner for Shadowe as well, If only I lived nearer...

Take care
Gio

Tanya&Fritz
07-11-2001, 07:21 AM
Oh Aly, that's so terrible. Hope you're feeling better and everything works out well for Shadowe and Lolly.

Violet
07-11-2001, 07:31 AM
Oh Aly,
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I hope they'll let you adopt Lolly. she's a beautiful dog. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Logan
07-11-2001, 07:40 AM
Bless your heart, Alyson. Sounds like your heart is hurting pretty badly. Talk about stress! I know you will be relieved to have some of your family back around. That is always helpful. And poor Reese. I'm glad you have taken the extra steps to find the right vet for him.

Aly, take care of yourself too, while you're caring for everyone else.

Logan

jackiesdaisy1935
07-11-2001, 09:33 AM
Aly, so sorry things have not gone well with you. Just take it one step at a time. I know it's hard to let go of Harley, but he may be having the time of his life. Once you find out what the problem is with Reece, that can be taken care of and he will be fine. When your family is out of the country, you always have your family here to talk to, anytime. As for Lolly, I felt so bad when I read that, I know how Daisy and Perry would feel if they were separated, that was a shame. Go for it, Lolly looks like a sweetheart and if anyone can make Lolly whole again it would be you. Last but not least, I hope you feel better, it's important that you take care of yourself and make yourself well.
Jackie

Sudilar
07-11-2001, 10:11 AM
Oh Aly,
Poor little Reecey!! When I first got Killian, he had anal gland problems, too (of course, why not, he's had everything). They just had to keep cleaning them out and finally, it cleared up. (I used to have to hold him down and he would literally climb up to my head trying to get away!! How awful! Also it hurt having a large dog climbing up to your head!) I can laugh now. If it didn't clear, they were going to do surgery, too. But that time we lucked out.

Maybe the guy who adopted Harley doesn' have a computer and can't reach you? Maybe he's so busy with Harley? I hope you hear from them soon!

How awful about the dog split up. Killian and Shiloh would be horrified if they were split up. The one time they were sent to a doggie resort had to have a HUGE kennel so both could stay together!! How sad. I hope you get Lolly. She'll brighten up the moment she's with you!!

Get well soon and take a break, Aly. Glad to hear from you!

aly
07-11-2001, 12:42 PM
I'm SO nervous. I'm on my way to the shelter to ask about fostering Lolly. I hope they let me. I will let you guys know as soon as I get home.

Daisy's Mom
07-11-2001, 01:06 PM
Hi Aly! We really did miss you! Of COURSE we'd notice you were gone :) I am sorry about all the problems you're going through. But your family will come home soon, and, as Jackie said, your Pet Talk family is always here, no matter what! Good luck with Shadowe and Lolly! I am sorry to hear about Lolly being split up from her best friend, but like everyone is saying, if anyone can brighten her up, it's you. Good luck!

aly
07-11-2001, 02:22 PM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone at the shelter thinks its a great idea for me to foster her! I just have to get one final okay from someone who won't be in until 3:00 (45 min from now). I am getting ready to leave with Reece so we can do the doggy intro. I am positive that will go good because Reece loves everyone and I think Lolly does too. They also said Lolly should have no problem with cats. Shiloh might be mad at me for a couple days but she really enjoys canine company and will be happy to have another one to pick on. I hope Reece won't be too playful for Lolly. Her sister, Tootsie, wasn't too playful. We'll see what happens. I'm going to take pictures, pictures, pictures tonight!!!!!!!!!!

tatsxxx11
07-11-2001, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone! Aly, I'm so glad to hear from you. Now, you do SO much for everyone and every living thing, you simply have to make sure you take care of yourself too!! I hate to hear that one of my best Pet Talk pals is feeling down and sad. I think of Harlely all the time too, Aly. A recent DOTD looked so much like Harley that half way through the post I started calling him Harley!! :( I just caught up on all the news about Lolly! If ANYONE can put the spark back into her, it's YOU!! I think she is BEAUTIFUL!! That is the one that would capture my heart in a shelter!! Please give her a big kiss from me, OK? I am quite upset to hear of Reece's little "set backs." I hope you find the BEST vet that will get my little friend back on his paws! And Aly, when Logan comes to visit next month, we are going to visit Lucky the poodle at my friend's Susan's. (Did I tell you that, Logan!! LOL) Hope to get some pictures of Logan with the little man! Please give everyone, Reece, Shiloh, Shadowe, Lolly, big hugs and kisses! Love, Sandra

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

aly
07-11-2001, 08:05 PM
Hi!!!! I have Lolly! This makes me SO SO SO happy! I am sooo attached to her already. The dog intro went well although Lolly was scared of Reece and gave him a lot of corrections at first. He's very good at backing off when he realizes a dog doesn't want to play with him. After awhile, they were both running around like crazy together. She is fine playing with him as long as she initiates it. If he does, she gets really scared. She's pretty scared of a lot of things. I had to carry her up the stairs because she was scared out of her wits. Once she got in my apartment though, she's turned into a different dog. You should have seen her when she found my bed. She started rolling all over it like crazy. I took her out on the balcony and she started shaking and whimpering. As soon as we came inside and I shut the door though, she started acting tough and barking at a leaf that was outside. She's soooo silly. I have pictures of her. I'm getting them on webshots right now but its being really slow. I'll have them up ASAP!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-11-2001, 08:27 PM
Aly, I'm so happy for you and for Lolly, I think you may have been meant for each other and for Reece too. How is the kitty doing?
I think this will make you feel better and cheer you up. I will be so happy to see the photos, don't forget our "man" the Reece too. :D :D :D :D
Jackie

aly
07-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Here they are.. I have to throw this first one in too. Shiloh is using Reece as a chew toy..

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/um/EN24856.jpg

Lolly and Reece lounging about:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/pA/CV46009.jpg

They both had a big day!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Tw/nm/LP/Da56906.jpg

Beautiful Lolly girl:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/cz/AM15247.jpg

Lolly watching Shiloh intently:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/cz/As41571.jpg

aly
07-11-2001, 08:50 PM
I forgot to tell you guys, I found out Tootsie is not only Lolly's lifetime companion but is also her mom :( I feel awful they were seperated :( :( :( :( :(

Here is Tootsie:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/ct/m516803.jpg

jackiesdaisy1935
07-11-2001, 08:51 PM
Oh Aly, they are so cute. I loved those pictures. They look like they have always been together. Reece looks happy and you can see the happiness in Lolly's eyes. Shiloh is a doll. What a neat family you have. I guess it has grown to four. I can see why you loved Lolly so much. :D :D :D :D ;)
Tootsie is adorable too.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

RachelJ
07-11-2001, 09:21 PM
I agree with Jackie, you can see the peace and happiness in Lolly's eyes already. She is a little girl and it is great that you got her where she can make some gains instead of going downhill. Reece is a real little trooper, willing to share his mom and catsister. You sound happy about Lolly, so I am happy for you, and I bet you are all one bunch of tired pups tonight.

auggie
07-11-2001, 09:43 PM
Aly, Reece and Lolly are so cute. I think they are realy going to like each others Company. How is Shilo accepting Lolly?
I hope you got to see your Sister Today.

KYS
07-11-2001, 09:44 PM
Aly,
You have a heart of Gold.
I think people like you
are one in a million.
Good luck with Lolly Tomarrow.
It was heartbreaking enough for them to loose
their owner, and now they have
lost each other.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: KYS ]

Freckles
07-11-2001, 09:48 PM
Aly, is Lolly a foster, or a keeper?

07-11-2001, 10:13 PM
Hi Aly, I am so glad you are back with us. I just read thru this entire topic and everyone's posts... So I think I am caught up. It sounds as though Lolly has made you feel better and you made her feel better.. WHAT A MATCH!! I want to know the same thing that Jackie does... Is she a keeper or a foster? I think you should keep her. It brought tears to my eyes reading about her losing her best friend and mom. My Sasha's sister died right in front of her.. I can't imagine how hard it must on dogs to lose their companions...human and fur kind.

I hope all is going good with your health. When is Reese's surgery?

You have a great little family growing there.. Shiloh is precious and of course Reese, well, nothing more needs to be said about that little Angel...did you see his picture on the PetTalk page I made? I used his close-up. Tell me what you think :)

Take care sweetie - which you completely are!!!!!

Kisses and hugs to Reese, Shiloh, Lolly and ALL of your shelter pals. It's a great thing are doing :D!

Sudilar
07-11-2001, 10:48 PM
What an adorable little family you have there, Aly. Maybe Lolly's a keeper?? ;) I am so happy for you. Lolly fits right in.
Sue

Daisy's Mom
07-12-2001, 12:03 AM
Lolly is adorable! I can definitely see some happiness in those pretty brown eyes. She and Reece look like they have been best friends forever! Reece is a very good boy to cheer up a sad old girl! And Aly, you are such a caring, wonderful person. The world needs mroe of you! This might be one case where cloning is okay? If we cloned a million Alys ;) Good luck with Lolly!

Gio
07-12-2001, 06:48 AM
A warm welcome to Lolly, she is so lucky to have found you Aly. I'm sure she will adjust in no time.

Big hugs to her (to Shiloh and Reece too of course).

Tanya&Fritz
07-12-2001, 07:24 AM
It looks like they're really getting along well! Great news for everyone. Did you get to see your sister? When is Reece's surgery? Also, I want to know the same thing as everyone else: Is Lolly a keeper?

aly
07-12-2001, 02:26 PM
Hi guys. Lolly is a definate keeper in my heart but I am not sure if I will be able to keep her in my home. I will definately foster her as long as needed but I keep imagining something happening like what happened with Harley. She is fine with the cat right now but she is also not completely comfortable here yet. When she starts to feel this is her territory, problems could arise. There have also been a few subtle signs that she might turn into a cat chasing dog. If I adopted her and had to go through everything that I went through with Harley again, I would never forgive myself. I have not tossed out the possibility of adopting her but I am being extremely cautious with it. I tried to tell myself not to get attached to her but who was I kidding. I was attached to her by the time we got in the car to leave the shelter.

Lolly has got pretty bad seperation anxiety due to all the recent trauma in her life. Hers isn't quite as bad as Reece's was but she has major issues when people leave. My sister spent the night with me last night. When I went to school this morning, she told me both dogs stood at the door whining for a long time. Reece is used to being crated when I'm not home so I expected him to do that. Lolly also whined at the door when my sister went to take the trash out and again when I went to get lunch. She cannot stand to see people leaving. I'm working on crate training her so she'll feel safer when I have to leave.

The relationship between Lolly and Shiloh is strange. The introduction was as smooth as anything. I just walked Lolly in, they smelled each other and then went their seperate ways. I felt very comfortable with letting Lolly off her leash within 5 minutes. Shiloh was a doll, not one hiss or anything. She didn't even go hide or sulk at all. After Lolly was here for a few hours, Shiloh walked over to the couch and put her two front legs on it to get up and sniff Lolly. Lolly stared at her out of the corner of her eye and then jumped up and ran away. Whenever Lolly is walking and she sees Shiloh, she'll make a wide circle around her or start going in the opposite direction. I think she is just scared of Shiloh right now. Sometimes when they are laying on opposite sides of the room, Lolly will just stare at her. Shiloh stares back wondering what is going on with that crazy dog. Lolly will stare intently at Shiloh like she doesn't trust her at all. When Shiloh is playing, Lolly will go investigate and sometimes she'll start barking (she has a LOUD bark). Just now Shiloh came up to smell Lolly again and Lolly retreated behind my chair. I am glad she's being submissive right now instead of aggressive with the cat. The thing that worries me though is when I'm petting Lolly and she sees Shiloh walking, she'll growl and bark a little bit. Their whole relationship is on pins and needles. I could really see it going in either direction from here, good or bad. I want to say good because Lolly is a really sweet girl but I don't want to make any assumptions yet.

Shadowe is going to move to my sister's apartment for a little while to get some peace. I think there's a bit too much commotion right now for her. I know someone who may want to adopt her so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Lolly has stopped correcting Reece and they get along really well. Most of the time they are ignoring each other but they do play. Reece would like to constantly play but he knows he has to do it on Lolly's terms.

Lolly is scared of everything outside still. She's very anxious and jumpy. I totally understand why. The poor girl has been through too much. I have a strong suspicion that the man who previously owned her yelled and hit Lolly and Tootsie. I'm almost positive. When my sister dropped some chocolate on the floor and Lolly started running for it, I said "WAIT!" She hit the ground and rolled over like I was going to hit her. I felt really bad. Also when anyone towers over her, she'll get pretty scared.

Lolly is making a lot of progress. I love her with all of my heart and am having so much fun with her :) It is nice to have a girl dog around again. Don't get me wrong, I love the boys and girls just the same but its been a little while since I had a little girl :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/cF/oS38880.jpg

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

Freckles
07-12-2001, 03:16 PM
Aly, I'm a cat person and don't understand the sentence "Lolly has stopped correcting Reece and they get along really well". How does one dog correct another?

Also appreciate and understand your concern about Lolly vs Shiloh.

aly
07-12-2001, 03:27 PM
The way most dogs correct each other is by a growl, bark, or showing teeth. Some dogs will nip too. When Reece first met Lolly, he kept trying to get in her face and play bow. This made her nervous so she'd growl a little and show some teeth. This alerted Reece to back off. He's very perceptive and learns fast when a dog doesn't want to play. He doesn't understand why any dog or human would ever not want to play with him though. After he figured Lolly didn't want to play, he went to all the humans in the room looking for some sympathy. They're both such silly dogs :)

AdoreMyDogs
07-12-2001, 03:29 PM
Lolly is incredibly adorable. Her coloring looks somewhat like Graham's coloring. Best of luck with her.

aly
07-13-2001, 02:12 AM
Help! I don't think I can give Lolly up.. even to a good home. I'm too attached. I took Mocha through obedience tonight and I was having seperation anxiety along with Lolly and Reece!

Logan
07-13-2001, 07:27 AM
Oh Aly, that is why I can't be a foster parent. But I do know that we can not keep them all! You should play it by ear, and just see what happens. If a good family comes along for Lolly that you can get comfortable with, maybe you will change your mind. You know there is always another one waiting for you out there. But on the otherhand, if you're happy, Lolly's happy, and Reese and Shiloh are happy, maybe you should keep her! I haven't helped at all, I know, :o, I was just trying to explain that I understand!! After I found Dexter, and he stayed with me for that week or so, I cried and cried when he left, and I even knew I could go visit him. It would be wonderful if you could get some kind of assurance that a future owner would promise to stay in touch with you, but I don't think you can get that kind of guarantee.

Take it day by day, and let us know what you decide.

Logan :)

RachelJ
07-13-2001, 08:58 AM
Aly, I think Logan is right on target with her advice. Just take it day by day. Hopefully one of the days you will know which is the best thing to do, for you and for Lolly (as well as the rest of your family).

tatsxxx11
07-13-2001, 12:55 PM
Yes Aly, day by day! I too think it would be so hard to be a foster mom. Then again, that's being selfish, because I know that by doing so we are giving these needy babies a refuge until there forever home is found. But, like Logan says, if everyone is getting along, then, maybe???????? If you find the home that is just perfect, with people you know will love her forever, maybe it will be a little easier. How hard it is to have such a big, big heart!! It hurts sometimes! Thanks for being such a TERRIFIC person Alyson with a heart of gold! Love, Sandra

aly
07-13-2001, 04:09 PM
Yes, it is so hard. I knew it was going to be emotionally hard on me but I would rather it be me taking emotional pain than her just laying in that kennel so depressed. At the very least I can feel good that a depressed dog who is scared of the world is coming more and more out of her shell right before my eyes. I have to be strong for Lolly and for the next foster, and the one after that, and the next one....

Its just this fox terrier in her that is making me think of Harley SO much and think that maybe it IS meant to be. I think the people at the shelter think I'm going to decide to adopt her. They were supposed to call me and give me information on where to take her this weekend for the off-site adoption location. They still haven't called.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/us/oY79406.jpg

tatsxxx11
07-13-2001, 04:42 PM
Alyson, Lolly is so beautiful. Her timid expression and sad eyes makes me cry. I can only say this. I know she would know no better home or greater love, than with you. Please, please, tonight will you give her a big hug and kiss just under the side of her nose for me? Love to the beautiful Lolly girl. A beautiful home awaits you girl.

aly
07-13-2001, 07:20 PM
Lolly has gotten pretty comfortable. Can you tell? :D

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/cP/lD77167.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/F2/Lb/qK/AP97303.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Tw/nm/M5/jP17990.jpg

Daisy's Mom
07-13-2001, 09:53 PM
Lolly is beautiful! I hope whatever you decide about her is the best thing for everyone.

aly
07-16-2001, 03:59 PM
Unfortunately I am going to have to adopt Lolly out to someone :( After observing her with Shiloh, I can really see it leading the same direction Harley went. I think that she will be much happier in a home with no cats. Shiloh makes her INCREDIBLY nervous. She's scared of a lot of things, but Shiloh seems to be a big fear of Lolly's. I am handling it okay. I just keep telling myself that I will be able to find her a home that she will be happy in. She's already very bonded to me but I'm sure she can bond to someone else in a short time. I'm trying to work out her seperation anxiety so she will be easier to place. Easier said than done though. Hers is so bad because her bark is LOUD. She yelped for 3 hours today while I was gone. When I got home, she whimpered and jumped around in a frenzy for about 20 minutes. I had her in my room with the radio on and a stuffed kong. At least she did no damage to the room, although I did hear her scratching the door when I walked in.

I love this dog so much. I am going to make sure she goes into the BEST home. I would never be able to trust her with a cat alone. She does have some prey drive but is easily called off. She's also territorial and food/toy possessive with the cat. Shiloh was walking by and stopped to smell a kong and Lolly flipped out. She chased her to the other room barking and growling. She came to me as soon as I called her though. She's only been here a few days and is already territorial over certain areas. The behavior would probably get worse in the future. Also, last night Shiloh and Reece were running around playing. Reece jumped on the bed and Shiloh jumped up there with him to play. Lolly saw Shiloh batting at Reece's tail and she FREAKED. She growled and kept trying to get up to the bed but was really unsure of it. Then she started hysterically barking and lunged for the bed but I caught her before she got all the way up. I think she was just trying to protect Reece but it scared me. Lolly will also whine and growl a little whenever Shiloh moves, even if she's way across the room. Shiloh just makes her soooo uncomfortable even though Shiloh never bugs her. She has NO territorial or toy aggression problems with humans though. She has something reallly wrong with her ears and she let me look in them and touch them. I know it had to hurt her SO bad because they are raw and bloody but she let me do what I wanted. She will be staying at the vet for 3 hours tomorrow while I'm at school. She's going to get her ears checked and they're letting me leave her there so she doesn't yelp the whole time I'm gone again.

I am really hoping I can get her adopted this weekend. I'll be taking her to the off-site adoption location for the humane society. I want her to start getting settled in her new home as soon as possible. I'm going to miss her so much but I'm trying not to work myself up about it.

Logan
07-16-2001, 09:16 PM
Aly,
No Guilt!!! You are just what Lolly needed to get her ready for a new home. You're so brave to even try the fostering. I would be a complete failure, I'm sure!!
Good luck this weekend finding Lolly a perfect new home.
Logan

Sudilar
07-16-2001, 09:57 PM
Aly, you are just wonderful. Lolly will never forget the kindness you are giving her. It will help her in her future forever home.
Sue

aly
07-21-2001, 12:32 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~~~~

This is awful. Today is Lolly's first day at the off site adoption location. I brought her up there at 9am and sat with her until 10. Then I had to go to the shelter to get her paperwork. Well, when I got back and she saw me, she went berserk whining and yelping until I got in to where she was. She wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else. I had been planning on sitting there all day so I could talk to anyone interested in adopting her. well, they said it would be best if I left so she could get used to other people :( :( :( :( :( So I had to leave her yelping and scratching at the glass for me. I sat in the parking lot crying and couldn't even drive. Now I'm shaky with low blood sugar and getting a headache. I really miss her. It is so important to me that I talk to who adopts her and I can't do that now :( :(

aly
07-21-2001, 12:34 PM
BTW, I will be picking her up at 2:45 and taking her again tomorrow. I seriously doubt she'll be able to be adopted from there this weekend because the other two dogs they have there are a lot more friendly towards men and all people. Don't get me wrong, she's friendly but scared so she won't go up to anyone but me.

aly
07-21-2001, 03:10 PM
Well.. she's back home with me. The person who runs the off site adoption center tried to tell me to bring her back to the shelter because I am doing more harm than good by letting her get attached to me. I understand what he is saying but I tried explaining how she does NOT do well in the shelter AT ALL. He never saw her in the shelter so he doesn't know. I'm just considering adopting her right now because I'm so fed up with this man. I haven't had any other territorial aggression problems towards Shiloh since that one time. She'll still whine like crazy at Shiloh though. I'm going to see if maybe my sister will adopt her.

RachelJ
07-21-2001, 04:00 PM
Oh, Aly, I'm so sorry you had to go through such torment. Sometimes it takes a while for animals to sort things out between themselves. Lolly sounds as if she is receptive to correction, so it may not be the same as it was with Harley, where it just got worse and worse. Also Lolly is still "shell shocked" for lack of a better word from all she has been through. That may explain her attitude toward Shiloh. The more comfortable she gets with you, she may not feel the need to be so possessive.

Maybe you can't compare a dog-cat situation to a dog-dog. But it took Tucker a good length of time not to get into fights with Hannah over toys. I think it was a matter of realizing that there would be plenty of love and food and toys for him and he didn't have to fight for them. In the end he learned to look to Hannah for love as well.

aly
07-21-2001, 05:58 PM
My sister won't be able to adopt her. The problem with me adopting her is I'm moving in August and will only be allowed 2 pets. Gotta put on my thinking cap and figure something to do.

I love this dog. I taught her how to "high-five". She listens really well and she sleeps craddled in my arm.

Maybe I can find a qualified home until next year when I move in my house. Seems unlikely but who knows.

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

zippy-kat
07-21-2001, 07:02 PM
Aly, I feel for you and the situation that you are in. It's hard to know whether to follow your head or your heart. I admire your ability to foster animals--I could NEVER do it!! I'd want to keep every single one and I'd be heartbroken when I couldn't. My prayers and well wishes are with you both and I'm sure you'll end up doing the right thing.

PS: I love all animals but I must admit that I am a cat & bunny person at heart. Shiloh is absolutely gorgeous!! Lolly and Reece are cuties as well!!! Give every one of your furkids a great big hug & kiss for me!

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

tatsxxx11
07-21-2001, 07:11 PM
Oh Aly..Your post made ME cry, picturing you sitting in your car, crying. I wish I had the perfect answer for you. It's no wonder Lolly is so attached to you. You are the most loving of persons. I hope that a miracle falls from heaven and finds Lolly the perfect home. Please take care of yourself. I wish I could adopt Loll...You are so far away...Ugh! All of us here are thinking of all of you. Sandra

Daisy's Mom
07-21-2001, 09:35 PM
Oh Aly, that's awful! I am so sorry. I know it must be hard to foster an animal, and these complications must not be making it any better. But, if Lolly could get attached to you even in this time of sadness for her, maybe she can get attached to someone else too- her future mommy or daddy. All she needs right now is love, and since you were the one showing that to her, she is very attached to you. If you can get someone else to show her love, I am sure she will be okay. Lots of hugs and kisses to all of you from me and Daze!

aly
07-21-2001, 11:51 PM
heh, Reece is helping me feel a little better after a hard day. Lolly and I are making him look like a girl.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Tw/nm/N9/qZ82755.jpg

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-21-2001, 11:56 PM
awwww poor Reecey poo!!!!

zippy-kat
07-22-2001, 12:50 AM
How cute!

I put Sara (boxer) in pig-tails one time. Only the tips of her ears were visible above the scrunchies. She shook her head and both scrunchies went flying off. Needless to say, it didn't take long before they were soggy from puppy spit!

I hope I can get my digital camera in working order soon--I'm anxious to show everyone my furbabies!

Freckles
07-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Aly, on another topic I just saw your new signature with photos of Lolly, Reece and Shiloh. You wouldn't include Lolly if she was a foster, would you, hmmm?

Logan
07-22-2001, 08:46 AM
hehehe...I noticed the same thing, Alyson... :rolleyes:

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-22-2001, 02:43 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~~~~
This is awful. Today is Lolly's first day at the off site adoption location. I brought her up there at 9am and sat with her until 10. Then I had to go to the shelter to get her paperwork. Well, when I got back and she saw me, she went berserk whining and yelping until I got in to where she was. She wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else. I had been planning on sitting there all day so I could talk to anyone interested in adopting her. well, they said it would be best if I left so she could get used to other people So I had to leave her yelping and scratching at the glass for me. I sat in the parking lot crying and couldn't even drive. Now I'm shaky with low blood sugar and getting a headache. I really miss her. It is so important to me that I talk to who adopts her and I can't do that now

Been there! We found a scruffy little mutt last summer and had him for two months. We knew he wasn't right for our home, so after having him neutered, house-breaking him, etc., we tried to drop him off at the local humane society (no-kill shelter). I sat in the car bawling while my husband took him in and signed the paperwork. I couldn't do it though - ended up running into the building and "rescuing" him after all the papers were signed and he had been taken back to the kennel area! I knew we couldn't keep him forever, though, but I knew that I had to have some control over where he went. So, we placed classified ads in the local paper, and took alot of phone calls about him. We got lucky - the first people that came out to see him really liked him, and they took him home a week later. I knew right away that they would love him forever, and I was so happy that I had taken him back from the shelter! :D I still miss him, but I am confident that he has a good life with a loving family!

Sudilar
07-22-2001, 06:56 PM
Aly, I am so sorry for you. I know that the same thing would happen to me if I fostered, too. I have been thinking of GSD fostering but with Killi so sick, I just can't. I know that I probably would only foster one time and I would keep him/her and that would be the end of fostering. Right now there is a GSD at a local shelter (kill shelter, but only as a last resort). I am watching him on the computer and I am so tempted to go. My heart goes out to you and good luck. I wish I lived near Texas so I could help!
Sue

Daisy's Mom
07-22-2001, 09:59 PM
LOL oh poor Reece! He is so cute and fluffy, I bet he made a good girl ;) Sometimes when we give Daisy something messy to eat, I put her ears up in a scrunchy. She doesn't mind since she gets food out of the whole thing, and it's so adorable! Her ears are so long that it looks just a like a real pony tail ;)

aly
07-23-2001, 01:50 PM
You guys would not believe how smart Lolly is. I have taught her "high-five" and now "gimme ten" and she also knows what "get in bed", "wanna get in the car?", "get outta there", and "back off the cat" means! Plus all of the stuff she already knew when I brought her home. She's so much fun.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/vj/jG90962.jpg

*LabLoverKEB*
07-23-2001, 02:15 PM
And where's DogFan77, BaxerLover, and williemyn? I've missed them! And, DogFan77 is brand new! BoxerLover has been gone for sooooooooo long!

Tanya&Fritz
07-23-2001, 02:18 PM
Aly, PLEASE try and keep Lolly. She's had so much turmoil in her life as it is. It would be great if you could keep her. She knows all those commands? Did you know I still can't get Fritz to sit? I say "sit" and he runs around in circles and jumps on me :D How is little Reece doing?

aly
07-23-2001, 02:36 PM
Hi Tanya.. I promise I am going to try EVERYTHING in my power to keep sweet Lolly. I love her to death and don't want her to have to get settled into another home. Reece is doing good but he's at the groomer's right now and I'm going crazy missing him. He spent the day with my friend yesterday. She just adotped her 3 foster kittens and she needed a sweet dog to help her kitties get used to dogs. Reece did wonderfully with her and she says she'll babysit him ANY time. In fact, she was trying to convince me to leave town so she could take him again! We pick Reece up in 2.5 hours!

Rottieluver45
07-23-2001, 03:00 PM
Oh,Aly Lolly Is adorable!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-23-2001, 05:04 PM
Aly, I love that photo of Lolly with the teddy bear. I'm so glad she gets along with our man Reece and Shiloh too. I hope you can keep her, but you know we all understand if you can't. Some things are not under our control. Give them all a hug from Daisy and Perry. Daisy goes in for grooming on Friday, that's not a happy day for her. :rolleyes:

aly
07-23-2001, 09:19 PM
Here's Reece with his new haircut:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/GO/qA/ZW/f420444.jpg

Pam
07-24-2001, 05:31 AM
AAAAWWWWWWW Aly! I just love that little boy! Your groomer did a very nice job.

Jackie...I will be thinking of Daisy on Friday too. Bella gets spayed Friday so it will not be a fun day for our girls. :(

delidog
07-24-2001, 06:19 AM
aly, though i feel for your turmoil...i think that you must accept the fact that you are lollys' new pet human....you love each other...actions speak louder than words....you have given her her teddy bear...she seems to have her own place to sleep in the house...you have added her photo to your signature....lets face it lolly has adopted you!!!!we know that you love each other dearly...find a way to make it work...in your new home is anybody really going to count your pets???? what if you had 3 fish???? the incident with the kitty will die down...cats are amazing at letting their fellow canines know who is boss...i know ...my pet feline swatted me after a few days and now i just avoid her...your pets are all beautiful and compliment each other..you did a wonderful thing taking lilly in and should feel good about this.....but i think that she is now yours....the deli dog :) ;)

Tanya&Fritz
07-24-2001, 06:59 AM
I love Reece's hair cut! He's gets cuter every time I see him.

Logan
07-24-2001, 07:47 AM
Aly, Reese does look sweet. Its hard for me to imagine having a dog who is smaller than my two cats! But I know I'd love him or any other small dog if I had one. Reese, you are a handsome boy! :D