PDA

View Full Version : Wolflady comes to DC

lbaker
04-11-2003, 08:34 AM
....and did we have a wonderful visit and gabfest:D We shared an outrageously wonderful, laugh-filled dinner Monday night at the Old Ebbitt Grill (est. 1856) down the street from my office (across the street from the White House) and had shrimp cocktail, Chesapeake Bay crabcakes, sauted scallops & shared a bottle of wine. We finished with a cup of capucino and had no idea almost 3 hours had gone by. We talked of work, family (2-leggers & 4-leggers of course) and about our PetTalk family & friends as well. I'll let her tell you about our dog-butt episode:rolleyes: :eek: when she gets back online... she's leaving this a.m. to return to the WestCoast and we both look forward to our next visit in July at the California PetTalk Meet....
Laurie

Logan
04-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Oh, Laurie, it sounds like and Karen had a terrific time!!! So glad you got to meet each other!!! :D

slick
04-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Can't wait to hear more stories. The Dog-butt sound interesting. It's really great to meet face to face. When Naomi and I finally met it was wonderful to put the face to the name.

Cookiebaker
04-12-2003, 09:05 AM
That sounds like you both had a lot of fun!! Pettalk meetings are such fun, no matter what the size!! :cool:

gini
04-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Just hearing that you got together is making me even more anxious for July to arrive!

And your dinner................it sounded so delicious!

Isn't it great that we all have so many friends now across the world - all because of Pet Talk?

Karen
04-12-2003, 03:10 PM
You could always book a last-minute ticket to PA for next weekend, Gini ...

It seems like it'll be a biggie! :)

jenluckenbach
04-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Laurie, I look forward to the stories in person on the 26th. I wish I could have met Karen too. Glad you girls had a great time. Isn't it just great how people from all over, who never would have met otherwise, have found a home here on Pet Talk?

gini
04-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Karen
You could always book a last-minute ticket to PA for next weekend, Gini ...

It seems like it'll be a biggie! :)

I was born in Ohio and spent a lot of time in PA (my Mom was born in PA.) It is so tempting, but I can't do it this time.

I will be looking out for the next one though!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2003, 09:35 PM
It sure sounds like you two had a great time. :) I've also met her and she's a great person. It's so nice to be able to meet other Pet Talkers face to face. :)

anna_66
04-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time & a great dinner!

Isn't nice to meet the people you talk to everyday?!

wolflady
04-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! First, I have to say that Laurie is an absolute delight and a sweetheart! I just LOVE her! :D
My hotel was conveniently only 2 blocks away from where Laurie worked, so I just walked down there Monday evening after setting up my company's booth at the convention center. The dinner was fabulous and I swear we could have just gabbed all night!
It was funny, because when we walked in, they seated us by a large window and there was a huge dog statue in the window. That was appropriate, huh? ;) LOL Anyway, I was sitting facing the dog's butt during dinner, and Laurie was on the other side of the table, so she didn't get the full effect of the view I had until she went to the ladies room, then returned and just started laughing. Let me just say that this was a very male dog statue... :eek: LOL LOL She and I laughed about my view of "dog balls" for a good 10 minutes after that! :eek: :o LOL LOL ROTFL! That would have been a kodak moment for sure! LOL :D
I also got to see pictures of Laurie's babies! That was a real treat and all of her furkids are just gorgeous! I sure hope to make it back to DC sometime so I can visit them in person! ;) :D

I'm looking forward to the west coast meeting and seeing you again Laurie!! I'll remember my pictures this time! :o I can't believe that I forgot them! :o

Many thanks to Karen and Paul who have applied the power of the internet to bring pet loving friends together! :D It really is a blessing!
**hugs**
Karen

jenluckenbach
04-14-2003, 12:49 PM
She and I lauged about my view of "dog balls" for a good 10 minutes after that!
ROTFLMAO !!!!:D