PDA

View Full Version : dog commercials on tv

joycenalex
04-10-2003, 06:36 PM
last night i saw a new commercial with dogs in it. it was for a car company, {which one i never noticed, nor do i really care}. it started with scenes of a terrier and rottie running, after a second it became clear the terrier was being chased by the rottie. the guy in the car appeared, the commercial cuts back and forth between the car making tight turns, the guy keeping up with the dogs, finally the guy pulling around the corner and the terrier jumping in the opened passenger window. the terrier standing on the seat looking back at the still chasing rottie, the human says to the terrier, " i told you she has a boyfriend." shot of the back end of the car pulling away and the rottie finally slowing down.
i liked this commercial as much as i did the oxen/dachund sprint commercial.
anyone else have an animal based commercial that they like?

wolfsoul
04-10-2003, 06:51 PM
I really like this one commercial, I'm not sure what it's on though. I was too busy paying attention to the dog :rolleyes: I think it has to do with computers. Well, there's this chick who's on the computer, and this really cute dog (I'm think border collie pitbull cross? :confused: Although I see some jack russel :confused: ) really wants to go for a walk. And so he's jumping on her while she's on the computer, and looking out the window at the lovely afghan hound, and finally, when he's lying upside down on the couch, the lady pulls out the leash, and he springs down. lol

tikeyas_mom
04-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I think that commercial is so funny wolfsoul, I rarely watch tv but I like that commercial. My favoret commercial is the master card one with dags. it is so cute,

it has the song. "its got to be me" . it is so cute. ;)

Cisco's Mom
04-10-2003, 08:23 PM
I would have to think aout it, but the one you described is def. a good one!

kingrattus
04-10-2003, 10:12 PM
I like the new flea, tick, heart worm one. theyre not a fraid of fleas... ticks... worms... (or somethin glike that) ... but what about mosquitoes, & one of the 2 dogs runs away & the scientest is holding the dog while its shaking... hehehe... but the MC one is still the very best :)

lovemyshiba
04-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Oh, I agree--the car commercial (I think it's for Hyundai) is hilarious, and I love the mastercard one too!! The sprint one was a riot, and there's a commercial for some kind of flea stuff (can't remember what it is), and the scientist guy goes "from the lab" and there's a labrador sitting on the table--hilarious!! There's also another car commercial where the girl starts out with the puppy, and goes through like 3 boyfriends, and always sticks with her dog--cute.
I have noticed that a lot of commercials have pets in them now--probably the majority of them, even if the dogs or cats are just in the background.
Oh--I just thought of another funny one--it's for a Bissel or something, and there's a JRT bouncing around--they even show him bouncing out of the sunroof of the car:)

Rachel
04-11-2003, 07:32 AM
I love the PetsMart (I think) one with the man and woman in the bathtub with their dog, Pebbles. She is baby talking Pebbles...*You the Pebbles...I love you and you love me*.

If I had a smaller dog like that, that would be exactly how I would act in the tub...only my husband wouldn't be in there with me and the dog. His choice!:rolleyes:

joycenalex
04-12-2003, 03:11 PM
1-sprint has another dog in commericial one. the family is trying to communicate telepathically, a near final scene has a boy trying to communicate with a blood hound. telepathic dog-human communication seems to work here, at least 50% of the time;) .
2-the suv commericial with 3 dogs, a golden, a pointer? and a mix? a tennis ball and a day at the beach. lots of dog scenes.
3-toys are us, where a single white rabbit starts singing 'here comes peter cottontail...', then dozens, until the store mascot , a giraffe, agrees to hold an easter sale. after the rabbits are off screne, a giraffe foot stamps the store logo on the screen. that made me jump, having seen the "godzilla v. bambi" cartoon, for a milisecond, i was afraid for those bunnies:eek: . i have too much time on my hands....

veegan
04-12-2003, 06:53 PM
ahhh!! I love that rottie/terrier chase commercial too joycenalex, I always laugh at the end. "I told you she had a boyfriend" hehe

And tikeyas_mom, that mastercard commercial, is, by far, my FAVE animal related commercial. It is WAY TOO CUTE!!! All the dogs are just so adorable!!!!!

lovemyshiba- OMG LMAO!! HAHAH That commercial with the JRT was hilarious! Mostly because thats what jack russels are really like! LOL

I just remembered one I saw the other day, it was for some puppy food.. maybe IAMS (:mad: grr) but whatever it was, it was funny. They had like, this music, I only saw it once so I dont remember many details! but hopefully if youve seen it youll know lol, and it was like, this serious, conquering, champion, whatever music, and it was in slow-mo, and they had all these shots of puppys in a row, like a basset puppy going to jump up on a tree stump, and then he falls off LOL, and then all these other ones doing all these simple things, like gonig downstairs or soemthing and falling, and then they have these lab pups getting into a bathtub or soemthing and this one like slips or soemthing and tumbles in backyard. It is SO FREAKIN FUNNY/CUTE! And then at the very end the basset jumps up and makes it without falling. haha

And joycenalex, I like that suv, something "escape" I believe, commercial with the goldens and GSP. So cute. :)

good thread :D