PDA

View Full Version : Old Dog / Kennel cough

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 07:41 PM
My older dog, Rufus, is starting to have..problems using the washroom. Sometimes jsut after i let him out, as soon as he comes in he goes on the floor. Right after he eats he does. I let him out as soon as hes done eatting, and before. He's not in pain, and i don't think this is a good enough reason to put him down, hes heathy. I'll keep cleaning up the poo, but would rather not if not needed. Does anyone know anyways to help prevent this?? if possible? lol..i think my bet said something about med once..not sure..

Another thing..has anyone ever heard of kennel cough? my younger dog had it a while ago, and trust me, if you take your dog to dog parks, ecspecially ones near kennels (mine is in the HS) get your dog a vaccination for it! you definitly dont want your dog going threw this, its hard on them and it kept me up all night. I know basically what it is, but would love to knwo the details on it if anyone knows?

thanks

Birdie4U
12-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Kennel cough is usely self limited. However it is caused from a virus. To get more information on it go to http://www.findarticles.com and type in kennel cough and it will give you articles written on it. A good way to research any subject. Hope your dog gets better as it is alway hard to have a sick pet, like baby's they have no voice. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
12-17-2001, 05:36 PM
Thanks, shes over it now, it was a little while ago, just wanted some info :]